Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2005, 19:00   #16
God Member

Re: Laughing at others misfortune

I once was running across road opposite morrisons one lunch time in pouring rain got to other side and tripped over a manhole cover and landed sprawled out on the pavement in a massive puddle. I was so dazed I just laid there until a man came over to ask me if I was ok. I shot up off the floor with a big smile on my face saying how I was perfectly fine and thanking him then ran into the market hall, practically burst into tears, checked my leg and I had split my knee open. So not only were my pants wet through, my pride hurt and my leg pouring with blood. I had to spend the rest of the day explaining why I was so wet and mucky!

The other time was less public. My dryer is in the shed at the end of my yard. One freezing evening I went to put some clothes in the dryer, slipped on a patch of ice landed on my bum, got up quickly and I had split my pants all the way up my backside!!!!

Ok now you can laugh at that

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2005, 23:18   #17
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red

Ok now you can laugh at that

dont mind if i do
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 23:48   #18
white rabbits

i remember laughing at tommy cooper lying on the floar.on stage.he just slid down,,,,,but the poor chap was dead....
Old 23-09-2005, 00:14   #19
I am Banned

yeah he got a standing ovation until the audience realised he had died lol

was they way he woulda wanted to go they say
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 00:24   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
yeah he got a standing ovation until the audience realised he had died lol

was they way he woulda wanted to go they say
Does this mean we can laugh at chav when the moggies get their own back?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 09:32   #21
Resident Waffler

We've just got one of those "pop up" caravans - you know the sort where the middle section of the roof pushes up when you park it but you can lower it down so it's more aerodynamic for towing.

Note that I said "the middle section" of the roof. Now I know that it's only the middle section and I know that directly over the seats at the top end is not part of the middle section so please tell me why I kept banging my head every time I stood up! Yes the kids found it hilarious! There's a technique to this standing up lark and I haven't mastered it yet.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 11:20   #22
mez
God Member

not long back this summer, i sat on my wooden bench , you know the ones with the bench attached to either side of the table, well i was talking on my phone when!!!!!! blast i finished up on my bum on the floor banged my head on the parasol base .......under the table......... phone went one way .......glasses another.... my mate shouting wots bl**dy happened........ i could not get up , our susan answered the phone with..."my nan's hurt she's under the table" to which my mate dashed down from ferngore to help me ..............by the time she got here i was sat on a chair , having been rescued by a neighbour(me on all fours crawling from under said table) laughing my head off ...........boy did i ache the day after . he he he he
Old 23-09-2005, 13:42   #23
God Member

OMG mez...................I shouldn't laugh..................but I can't help it

That post made really good pictures in my head of you under the bench!!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2005, 16:04   #24
God Member

Mez is lucky when i had my feet sitting in the gap on the foot rest ring on a
chair that was ajustable and accidently lowered it. The guys at work instead helping thought it would be more fun to shrink wrap me to it. I couldnt even stand up the seat was that low.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 26-09-2005, 12:43   #25
Resting in peace

It's actually got a name - German, of course. It's called Schadenfreude - which means joy in the misfortunes of others. Freud almost got a book out of it. And it's normal. We all do it. I once laughed so much at a friend who'd slipped over on Blackburn Road that I walked into a lamppost. Then she laughed!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 12:48   #26

Arrow Re: Laughing at others misfortune

i dont no y but we lafe till our sides hert
killer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 12:57   #27
I am Banned

Talking

Because it's funny.
Crapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 16:07   #28
God Member

How cruel we are to laugh at other peoples misfortune.............not...........he he he he

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 29-09-2005, 21:23   #29
Junior Member+

It's probably an evolved species survival trait designed to create interpersonal communication and give us a sense of societal belonging, since everyone laughs at the same things.

OR

We're all mean hyenas of misfortune. Jury's out.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..