Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2005, 13:57   #1
Give, give, give member

Lettie's blog.

I'm sorry to advertise the blogs in here, but anyone who hasn't read Lettie's blog over the last couple of days, and you want to read a sad but ultimatley happy tale, do it.

A very honest, well written account of domestic violence.

I'm sorry for this Lettie, but it is very moving and deserves as wide an audience as possible. Any one in a similar situation, also might take comfort that you can turn your life around.

It's a pity you can't give karma for such a well written, honest blog entry.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-08-2005, 14:57   #2
white rabbits

Re: Lettie's blog.

whats a blog ?,garinda
Old 23-08-2005, 16:31   #3
mez
God Member

its a type of dairy, but done online granny, i was thinking of doing one , but due to circumstances beyond my control i can't.
Old 23-08-2005, 18:16   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I'm sorry to advertise the blogs in here, but anyone who hasn't read Lettie's blog over the last couple of days, and you want to read a sad but ultimatley happy tale, do it.

A very honest, well written account of domestic violence.

I'm sorry for this Lettie, but it is very moving and deserves as wide an audience as possible. Any one in a similar situation, also might take comfort that you can turn your life around.

It's a pity you can't give karma for such a well written, honest blog entry.

I read the blog and thouroughly agree, a tragic tale with a happy ending. Not everyone would have the guts to write such a revealing story about themselves. Well done Lettie, I'm glad you came through it all with no long term ill effects.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 19:10   #5

I think you are incredibly brave for writing your blog Lettie. I too have been the victim of domestic violence not once but twice! Maybe one day I will be able to write of my experiences without the fear of repercussions
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 19:12   #6

having just read letties blog can i also say how tragic it was to read such a moving blog,and lettie you deserve a medal for putting that on the web,it must have been very hard to put something like that on.
i am also very glad that you are ok after your ordeal and getting on with life
GOOD ON YOU...
scooby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 20:33   #7
Always EVIL within us

Thank you Lettie
Old 23-08-2005, 21:51   #8
God Member

Absolutely flippin fantasticly superbly honestly clearly written blog Lettie well done for recounting your experience with such clarity! I found it both heart rending and addictive to read.

THANKS XXXXXXXX

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 21:58   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well done lettie should imagine you have given some folk hope with your blog,at the risk of being boring- well done again.
Old 23-08-2005, 22:07   #10
Give, give, give member

Besides these entries, if you want a chuckle, the rest is pretty darn good as well.

A dry sense of humour and a unique turn of phrase, will show how someone can come through the mire and still keep us smiling.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 22:48   #11
Senior Member+

A very sad tale, Lettie, and very well written. Thank goodness you managed to 'escape' and make a new life. My congratulations, also, for succeeding in your career. Well done Lettie xxxxxxxxx When Accy Web give out medals for brave folk I reckon you should be on the front row!
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 22:49   #12
white rabbits

so how do you find them ?..i pressed search and it brought me back to this thread
Old 23-08-2005, 22:57   #13
God Member

top right of the page next to where you click to go in the arcade granny. But make sure you go into the main blog for lettie and not latest entry then that way you can read the whole account

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 23:45   #14
white rabbits

thanks harwood red and j pest for your help .. sorted now...that was a very moving story ...
Old 24-08-2005, 16:26   #15
God Member

Well done Lettie it takes alot to relive and tell an account of such a harrowing point in life. Glad you came out of it the wise person that you are today.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..