Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2005, 21:14   #16
God Member

Re: Like a bad night in Baghdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
The bangs seem to get louder & louder, or is it us getting older an older
Actually I think it is that most of us have actually grown up, rather than grown older, which is not the same thing.
Old 05-11-2005, 21:15   #17
Senior Member+

Will do as I have always done on the 6th, drive up to green haworth and look down on accrington and see the smoke hanging over the town, must take a pic this time. Takes me back to the days of the old coal fire

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 21:18   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Actually I think it is that most of us have actually grown up, rather than grown older, which is not the same thing.
Aye there is some thing in that a-b, but there must be a lot of peter pan's out there then

Albert Einstein.

Old 05-11-2005, 21:21   #19
Member.

I tend to agree A-B. I’ll be going up to the Lakes first thing in the morning it will be interesting to see how it effects the weather conditions up there and the air quality…. Park say hello to the place.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 21:23   #20
God Member

Have you got room in the boot for a little un and his dog, Doug?
Old 05-11-2005, 21:29   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I tend to agree A-B. I’ll be going up to the Lakes first thing in the morning it will be interesting to see how it effects the weather conditions up there and the air quality…. Park say hello to the place.
Will do Doug, where are you headin for up the lakes? must get back up there myself on the fells

Albert Einstein.

Old 05-11-2005, 21:39   #22
Member.

If you can help push my knackered old body up the fell side of Fairfield you’d be most welcome. Last week I was up Skiddaw from Uillock Pike and Long Side Edge. The weather was closed in before leaving Dodd Wood car park by the time I got on to the scramble up to Long Side the rain was torrential with the wind gusting up to 50 miles per hour. I’ll tell you what a fantastic day, you couldn’t see a thing but the smell of the air and the effort it took to get up there was something you can’t really buy. The wind and rain give way by the time I reached Carl Side and the sun broke through as I was having a pee at white stones the rest of the day was pleasant but not has demanding.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 05-11-2005, 21:45   #23
Member.

Quote:
Will do Doug, where are you headin for up the lakes? must get back up there myself on the fells
Hi Park, Hopefully just a little walk up Seat Sandal and then Fairfield. Should be a pleasant stroll really. If I’m up early and the weather isn’t too bad I’ll extend it out to include Dove and Hart Crags.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 05-11-2005, 22:00   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hi Park, Hopefully just a little walk up Seat Sandal and then Fairfield. Should be a pleasant stroll really. If I’m up early and the weather isn’t too bad I’ll extend it out to include Dove and Hart Crags.
That's good stuff Doug, will have to meet up some day.........have done a lot from Kentmere, some excellent views up there. Have you used a gps unit on your walks

Albert Einstein.

Old 05-11-2005, 22:18   #25
Member.

Quote:
That's good stuff Doug, will have to meet up some day.........have done a lot from Kentmere, some excellent views up there. Have you used a gps unit on your walks
No, I still use a map and compass, I bought the Memory Map software which is pretty good and allows you to trace out your route and emergency descent’s in detail. Apart for that and a old mobile for keeping the family aware of changes or emergences, I prefer to dig in and sit out inclement weather rather than abort a walk, the bloody thing got soaked last week and I had to replace it with another old one for which I bought a little case with a rain cover. That said I’d like one never the less.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 06-11-2005, 08:01   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
No, I still use a map and compass, I bought the Memory Map software which is pretty good and allows you to trace out your route and emergency descent’s in detail.
I use the Anquet mapping system, can connect gps to pc and upload routes on to gps, also downloaded routes I have walked from gps to the pc. Similar to the memory map system you can upload your routes on to their data base for other people to use, have uploaded 20 or so walks, round Horton and Kentmere. http://anquet.co.uk/routes.asp

Albert Einstein.

Old 06-11-2005, 17:15   #27
Beacon of light

How foolish am I......? I thought that with November the fifth being on a Saturday night we would get the fireworks over and done with on the night......but no the rocket launchers are out again tonight......do you think they went out and bought more supplies today at Asda.....seeing as they were 25% off.?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 17:19   #28
God Member

Yes, I've just posted on another thread about that Margaret - it's the same around here. I'm bored with it now!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 17:23   #29
Beacon of light

It doesn't say in the verse ' remember, remember the 4th 5th and 6th of November' does it....? The cats are wondering why they are getting a reprise of last night......and my knees are like ashen blotty!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 17:25   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

youre being a bit naive margret lol this racket will be going on till the new year if past experiances mean owt. loll

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..