Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 12:04   #16
God Member

Re: Litter Lout

Here's one I prepared earlier ( in the words of Blue Peter).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chewing gum.jpg (4.4 KB, 16 views)

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2005, 12:16   #17
God Member

Oh ****** I'm as much to blame too, I regard myself as a none litter bug everything goes in the bin except yes ....... cigarettes and I am really naughty because I throw them out the car window to keep my car ashtray clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I put what I thought was an extinguished cigarette but in a waste paper bin, only to watch it smoke then set on fire.

OMG that made me chuckle I did it at home the other day I emptied the ashtray but one of the cigarettes was still smouldering I had to go running into the garden with a smoking bin
Old 02-09-2005, 12:19   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Oh ****** I'm as much to blame too, I regard myself as a none litter bug everything goes in the bin except yes ....... cigarettes and I am really naughty because I throw them out the car window to keep my car ashtray clean
I've gotta to own up to that too

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:48   #19
Clearly Classy.......

Wow!

good on yer girl..............so glad you didn't get a smack in the gob!!!

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 13:13   #20
white rabbits

good on you grego...
i told a young woman off a few months ago ,for letting her dog fowl the pavement.the language she used would have shamed an irish navvie....i dont know what i'd have done if she had set the dog on me it was a great big boxer ,still i felt better for letting her know..
Old 02-09-2005, 14:03   #21
God Member

Well at least there are bins on the streets which is more than can be said for the platforms at train stations. Removed for security reasons leaving the tracks looking worse than the Whinney Hill tip.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 19:38   #22
God Member

I dont like seeing ciggies flying out of car windows either had a bad experience once when a bloke flung one out and it came into my car through the window, talk about panic, I mangaged to pull over and threw it out myself but my concern was Ellie was only little and it just missed her!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 19:46   #23
Beacon of light

In the far off days when we were young, my hubby used to ride a motorbike and we had a very scary experience when someone threw a cigarette end out of a car window and it ended up in hubby's scarf that went between his helmet and leathers......we were very lucky not to have had an accident......as it happened he just had a fag burn in his scarf.

Well done Grego, it is time these litter louts were stopped. Accrington town centre looks like a litter bin with empty drink cans and bottles and discarded paper bags that have held Gregg's pies. It makes me feel ashamed.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 02-09-2005 at 19:48.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 15:36   #24
Resident Waffler

When there are litter bins so handy it amazes me that people will just drop their rubbish on the floor. It makes me wonder what their homes must be like. If we are out and have left over rubbish (paper bags, drinks cans or whatever) then we hold onto them until we find a bin. It isn't difficult.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 17:52   #25
Senior Member+

Its ok the kids up Huncoat are making clothes out of it.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...22&postcount=1

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 15:43   #26
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Hmmm, I have just had a similar experience to Grego on Annie St this afternoon. I was walking my dog behind 2 young girls, late teens I reckon. One of them was holding a can of D & B in her hand along with her mobile phone. I overtook them and continued to walk in front. A few yards along, I heard the can hit the ground. I spun round and said "did you just throw that can?" (it was a few feet away from them). They both denied it, even though the can was missing from her hand and the offending can in the road was D & B. I had a minor rant about how people like them are responsible for the country being such a tip.......and I continued to walk the dog.

One was about 5'6''-5'8'' gangly with shoulder length blond hair (the one who was holding the can in the first place). The other was about 5'4"/5'5" chunky with long brown hair, they were both as rough as robbers dogs, and walked down Thorneyholme Rd towards Laneside. So if anyone knows these 2..... Give em a slap....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 15:48   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
..... Give em a slap....
Be careful, Lettie...............you could get locked up for inciting violence and then all these women would have to have their babies without your help.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 16:03   #28
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Hehehe, do you think that anyone will actually suss who they are from my description? Bear in mind that 'rough as a robbers dog' doesn't really give much away...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 16:37   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
paper money seems to survive pretty well in the wash though i have found

not that i wash my money on purpouse lol
I think the term is launder
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2005, 16:42   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Be careful, Lettie...............you could get locked up for inciting violence and then all these women would have to have their babies without your help.
Don't worry Lettie I am sure you will be delivering their babies before long. When you do make sure you forget to turn the gas and air on
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..