Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2005, 21:14   #1
God Member

Litter Lout

I'm quite proud of myself today, on my way home from work I had to stop off in Ossy, anyway a young man sat in his car eating pizza, flung his pizza box onto the road, got out of his car and kicked it towards the kerb, I was disgusted. To my surprise I shouted " Put that in the bin" I immediately thought I was going to get an earful but instead he picked it up, put it in the bin which was only 10 feet away and said nothing. What I dont understand is why he threw it on the floor in the first place, do people just not care? It took about 30 seconds for him to dispose of it in the bin, I suppose its lack of respect again.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2005, 21:16   #2

Re: Litter Lout

ooh well done!!! i cant stand litter peeps!!! if theres not a bin then take your rubbish home!!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 21:17   #3
God Member

I couldn't agree more Gem, there's just no need for it, unfortunately I think we are the minority.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 22:26   #4
God Member

well done grego, bet he was mortified at being caught. I hate it when people blatantly chuck their litter on the floor and even more so when they make the excuse that they are "keeping someone in a job" to clean it up, gggrrrrrrrr

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 07:02   #5
God Member

I once got a right gob full from a women for telling her kids to pick their rubbish up and put it in the bin. I just told her if she wanted to live in **** then do it at home and walked away.

It comes down to personal pride. If you care about what people think of you then you will be tidy. If you couldn't give a stuff then I would recklon you'd be like that silly woman.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 07:10   #6
I am Banned

all my litter goes in the bin or so i thought ..

paper bags , pop bottles/cans ,sweet wrappers etc all go in the bin but then it dawned on me that i am a litter bug

i am a smoker and quite shamelessly disregard my ciggys after i have had my fix leaving a little black smudge where i step on it to extinguish the giggy

even though i am guilty of that crime i still get peeved when i see somone emptying their car ashtray on to the pavement and driving off
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 08:25   #7

Well done grego. I too hate litter bugs. My 7 year old will walk the full length of the bus station to put his sweet papers in a bin failing that mums pocket. It's the way I've taught him. I just wish other kids & adults did the same. I get fed up of picking other peoples rubbish up out of our garden.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 08:41   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie J
Well done grego. I too hate litter bugs. My 7 year old will walk the full length of the bus station to put his sweet papers in a bin failing that mums pocket. It's the way I've taught him. I just wish other kids & adults did the same. I get fed up of picking other peoples rubbish up out of our garden.
Downside to that is if I forget to check pockets before doing the washing I end up cleaning nearly a much rubbish as I do clothes!!! Better that than it flying around in the wind!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 09:20   #9
I am Banned

tissue is even worse it gets in everything if you leave some in your pockets lol

paper money seems to survive pretty well in the wash though i have found

not that i wash my money on purpouse lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:35   #10
God Member

Yes, I uasually end up with pockets of crisp packet, sweet wrappers, tissues ect............

I too hate it when people throw things on the floor, there is just no need for it.
I'm am always telling the kids " if you don't finfd a bin, put it in your pocket, until we get home". They just do it now, saves the ear bashing off MUM.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:09   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

nice one grego- i think you are right, its all down to respect.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:13   #12
Give, give, give member

I too shout at litter louts, but I'm afraid I'm with Chav again on this one.

Being a smoker I sometimes have to stoop to dropping my cigarette in the gutter if I can't find a drain.

I only do this because once whilst waiting for the bus outside Green Park tube station, I put what I thought was an extinguished cigarette but in a waste paper bin, only to watch it smoke then set on fire. I always worry the same thing may happen to me if I put it in my pocket.

I do always put it in those bins with those little ashtrays on the side, but because of security risks now they are scarcer than hen's teeth.

Last edited by garinda; 02-09-2005 at 10:16.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 11:57   #13
Senior Member+

what about chewing gum? Yuk it gets everywhere.

I dont know about Accrington but here in Preston city center we now have boards dotted about where you can stick your gum saves walking in it. and strts the clean up of the streets.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:00   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO
what about chewing gum? Yuk it gets everywhere.

I dont know about Accrington but here in Preston city center we now have boards dotted about where you can stick your gum saves walking in it. and strts the clean up of the streets.
In Accy we have tables, and bars in pubs where we can stick ours. Don't ever put your hand under the bar in a pub in accy, it's not nice!!

Miracles do happen!!

Last edited by slinky; 02-09-2005 at 12:03.
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:02   #15
God Member

Good idea those chewing gum boards

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..