Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 15:29   #76
Member.

Re: London Underground explosions

Pleased to hear that that those members down in the Capital are all ok, please take care and keep switched on. This is a dreadful act, those of you in other areas of heightened threat please be careful and keep your eyes open.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-07-2005, 15:35   #77
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

in this adversity one thing shines through to me as ive always said=when the **** hits the fan the british public rally round and all pull together,shame we don't do it all the time,
Old 07-07-2005, 15:40   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
london transport sayin stagger the bus journey if u can as their chokka today
There is the occaisional double decker heading south into Bishopsgate, but there is no one on board. I've not seen any bus heading north for a while. The amulances are still back and forth.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 15:41   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani

Fears that Muslims may be become the victims of reprisals following today's London bombings have prompted a warning for them to stay indoors. Massoud Shadjareh, chairman of the Islamic Human Rights Commission, appealed for calm and condemned the bombings.

This is just as discraceful the people who perform these act are not true muslims but use this religion as a scapegoat for their actions it is a religion that is not understood in the british soceity and is one which many people do not like but this is mainly due to the bad press that it recieves
Old 07-07-2005, 15:44   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree entirely with john on that theres a lot of decent muslims who i know,the animals that carried out this atrocity are just that ANIMALS.
Old 07-07-2005, 15:45   #81
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I haven't seen the news yet as I have only just got out of bed. I am so glad that Pendy and Tealeaf are ok. If chaos such as this can be caused on a normal day, then think of the chaos that these people could cause during a big event, ie, the Olympics. It is high time that our do-gooders stopped harping on about the human rights of these terrorists and people who incite violence, and that our laws punish people properly.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 16:10   #82
Senior Member+

Ive been in bed most of today watching the news. Its so terrible. My heartfelt sympathies go out to all who are hurt and have been killed.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 16:28   #83
Senior Member+

bloody hell!!!

they've just shown the m25 or maybe the m4 and its just gridlocked!!

feel sorry for those folk
Old 07-07-2005, 16:53   #84
God Member

OK everybody....I'm signing off and heading home. It's been two awesome days here of triumph and tragedy. What was it that Kipling wrote about these "imposters"? Well, don't believe it...... its all been very real today.

It looks like I won't make the Stag this weekend...now that makes me mad. But I'll definatly be there next weekend. (I hope!)

Last edited by Tealeaf; 07-07-2005 at 16:55.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 16:56   #85
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Take your time getting home, have a pint on the way, and we'll see you when you manage to get here...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 17:08   #86

Thank god our friends are safe and well, our thoughts have to go out though to the people dead and injured , and to their families. These people were just going about their everyday lives and these murdering extremists choose to do this. I have been quiet up to now cause i feel sick after being very involved in the IRA bombs in Manchester.a few years ago. I saw the devastation and the heartache it caused and still can,t come to terms with it . Pendy Tealeaf and Cashies son thank god your OK . Ian.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 17:28   #87

It's just a barbaric act, total bast**ds. Glad to hear all our members are safe. My heart goes out to all.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 17:29   #88
Beacon of light

The people who did this aren't animals.......animals do not kill and maim for fun......the people
who committed these atrocities are cowardly barbaric people...and if they should ever be found...or when they are found they should be shot..........at least 33 people are dead tonight because of them. 33 families are grieving when they should not be.
A curse on the bombers.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 07-07-2005 at 17:31. Reason: sausage fingers....oops!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 17:59   #89
Give, give, give member

I just hope that the so called protesters, who yesterday were ripping up pavements to throw at the police in Scotland , some of whom appeared to be middle aged well dresssed women, have the decency to halt their 'protest' in the light of the tragic atrocoties seen in London today.

Today we should be pround and thankful for ther men and women of the emergency services.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 18:10   #90
I am Band

Unhappy Re: London Underground explosions

The official death toll is now listed as 37: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4661059.stm

Is there anything we can do to stop these atrocities happening? As the IRA were reputed to have said, "You have to be lucky every day. We only have to be lucky once."

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..