Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2003, 12:25   #1
Junior Member+

Post M&S to close - "Town is a dump"

First McDonalds, will the pound shop survive?
IQof100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2003, 18:40   #2
Junior Member+

Post Re: M&S to close - "Town is a dump"

[quote author=IQof100 link=board=general;num=1049804722;start=0#0 date=04/08/03 at 13:25:22]First McDonalds, will the pound shop survive?[/quote]

id buy that for a dollar!
hanchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 20:47   #3
Junior Member+

Well M & S to close....deary me....what are we going to do....let's start a protest, i will make the banners, who is going to provide the flask and biscuits......what if Greggs closes...that's me moving to Burnley for sure then!!!!!

Where are the tramps going to sleep and **** now?????

:-* :-* Sabina  :-* :-*
Old 09-04-2003, 21:59   #4

M & S is rubbish anyway get in poundland and Jack Fultons yeah re open "la de das"

Phillip Gilrane age 20 (married)
                     Matthew Guest age 20 (single)
gregzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2003, 19:35   #5
Junior Member+

So Accy is going to lose M+S. Big deal. I´ve lived in Palma Nova quite happily for the last 8 years without M+S. If IQof100 really has got an IQ of 100, how come it has taken him that long to suss out that Accy is a dump? I sussed it years ago.
gpovanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 21:42   #6
Senior Member+

Cannot agree Accy is not a dump otherwise it would have been covered up ages ago.Why is it people who move away love to slag it off???As to M & S well maybe they were overpriced????
Old 12-07-2003, 13:27   #7
Resting in Peace

the wife and i moved from preston to be here and we love it
as for m & s i agree with mik they are very over priced
just look at the shops around it
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2003, 06:45   #8

hey gregsi, La de dars is re-opening in August. 8)

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 12:13   #9
Jo

I don't think people who move away slag Accy off, it's mainly those that live there that slag it off but never actually do anything about moving away.
From my experience, those who move away love to go back, though a week or so is usually long enough!
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 12:30   #10
Caz
God Member

Maybe some of those who slag Accy off should start doing something about making it a better place instead of just moaning, eh Jo?

What's the weather like over there by the way?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 13:34   #11

I live just down the road in Stockport now and there are various professional and domestic reasons why I can't move back. However, if I could, I'd do it tomorrow. Accrington has had a raw deal over the last forty years, losing most of its traditional industries and suffering neglect from successive governments who prefer to channel regeneration funds into places like Liverpool, because that's what makes the headlines. Despite that, it's still a great town and Accringtonians are the friendliest, most dependable people you'll find anywhere who have retained their proud spirit and sense of humour. I'm proud to be an Accy lad.

As for M&S, who wants to pay through the nose for their food, anyway?
ASFC1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 14:57   #12
Jo

I agree with you Cazzer, no point moaning if you're not prepared to do something about it.
Re. the weather over here, it's absolutely scourcing (35 degrees) and I'm sweltering here in the office (not moaning though, of course, otherwise I'd do something about it like move to the North Pole!!)
Talking of heat and re. the memories of tar bubbles on the other page, if you go to Milan at the moment, the whole street is like a tar bubble, the tarmac sticks to your shoes!! It was 48 degrees yesterday!
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 11:23   #13
Senior Member+

i did'nt know marks and sparks was closing down, when is it going to happen? :'(
Old 07-08-2003, 21:50   #14

Duuno why people slag Accy off. I am looking to move there by the end of the year as I love the place. I wokred there for 6 years, and am looking at working there again as soon as possible.
(If anyone knows any good retail jobs, give me a shout )
Old 07-08-2003, 23:34   #15
Junior Member+

its not just accy thats going down the pan,the whole
country is!! theres some things you just cant control! [smiley=uzi.gif] [smiley=uzi.gif] [smiley=uzi.gif]
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..