Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 14:59   #31
I am Banned

Re: Meat Stinks

im not bothered how its killed as long as it gets cooked properly and feeds me why should i bother, got to build myself up for the worms when i pass away!!! wouldnt want the worms to starve!
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2005, 15:46   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Reducing tha amount of animal fat eaten does not reduce cholsterol levels significantly.....in fact most of the cholesterol is manufactured by the liver. The only effective way to reduce cholesterol levels is to take one of the statins.

And as far as vegetarian diets go.....what about the level of pesticides that are being found in the fresh fruit and vegetables at the moment. So, it seems to me that however we try to improve our health by diet there will be some survey or other that will tell us that we are doing the wrong thing.

I am going to eat the food that appeals to me the most.....life is finite, it might as well be enjoyable.
Maybe its the pesticides that are the problem not the meat.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 06-10-2005, 15:48   #33
God Member

Here is a thought if a potato can grow roots a carrot top planted produce another carrot and a pea another plant does that mean these plants are alive when put into a pan or eaten raw? At least my meat is dead at the time of cooking.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 06-10-2005, 18:11   #34
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Are you in favour or against the testing of drugs on animals as a vegetarian?
Hehe By the way you keep asking it looks like you have something lined up to say, depending on the answer he gives. To be honest thou nobody really has to disclose any personal feelings on any matter if they so do not wish, well not here anyways. But it would make a good topic for another thread.

I myself am probable like most folks, I eat the lot. I eat meat, fish, vegetables and some other stuff. ... Fruit is the other stuff in case you are wondering.
I have never really been persuaded one way or the other. I simply enjoy what I eat. Farming and slaughter houses, out of sight out of mind. Others may think I’m ignorant but that’s me.
Doesn’t seem to matter what you eat these days some scientist will tell you it’s bad for you.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RoastBeef.jpg (16.5 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Len; 06-10-2005 at 23:11.
Old 06-10-2005, 23:01   #35
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Are you in favour or against the testing of drugs on animals as a vegetarian?
as an animal i am in favour of the testing of drugs on vegetarians
Old 07-10-2005, 05:15   #36
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I do enjoy eating meat, and I have visited the slaughterhouse. I had to go during my nurse training in 1989. It did not put me off meat at all.. Many would say that it is equally cruel to eat fish, despite its nutritional content.....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 07-10-2005, 06:51   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Many would say that it is equally cruel to eat fish, despite its nutritional content.....
You could easily argue the way fish are killed is cruel. Dragged out of the sea by the hundred and left to die on the deck.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:27   #38

Just to close this forum: I wasn't always a vegetarian And I have eaten my fair share of steaks on the Barbie, but my wife and I gave up for maybe differant reasons, we first started off just by having a meat free day then it turned into two and so on. At first it takes a lot of thought how to cook a meal without using meat. but now its quite easy and it opens up your cooking skills, like I have said previously I not knocking anybody for eating meat and I can sit next to anybody tucking into a thick steak. maybe I was just trying make people more aware of the Cruelty Involved in todays
Meat industry.and maybe next time, someone out there might think do I really need bacon on that pizza. If I was going to eat meat again free range would be be the way to go.
And Garanda I personally don’t believe in animal Experiments and convince otherwise,
Old 07-10-2005, 09:43   #39
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat
And Garanda I personally don’t believe in animal Experiments and convince otherwise,

Lol, were you too weak to finish the sentence or spell my name correctly?

Old 07-10-2005, 10:14   #40

Well tie to a stake and flog me for that simple spelling mistake, Garanda Giranda who cares. Have you got your proof yet.

Last edited by expat; 07-10-2005 at 10:24.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:15   #41
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Just to close this forum:
Hello,
What makes you think that just because you started this thread and because you are losing you can now close it down!

If there were no slaughtermen I for one would be prepared to raise and kill my own animals.

Just coming on here and quoting a few extreme facts from some veggie site does not make you right, vegetarianism is not the way, the light or the glory.

For every so called fact that you give us I can probably find ten good reasons for sharpening my carving knife and turning you into Sunday lunch! (come to think of it that won't work you seem to be a bit of a cabbage and I hate vegetables).

If you ever get the time visit Church Kirk right next to the gates there is the tomb stone of the man that started the vegetarian society, he died in his forties, hardly a recommendation for a healthy lifestyle is it?
Old 07-10-2005, 10:29   #42

Who say,s I,am right , There's a lot of angry people out there maybe it's all that red meat.

Less your to good for me. can you recommend a good butcher.
P.S did I get your name right.

Last edited by expat; 07-10-2005 at 10:36.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:36   #43
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Who say,s I,am right , There's a lot of angry people out there maybe it's all that red meat.
It more likely is caused by that piece of gristle between your ears!
Old 07-10-2005, 10:39   #44

you are good
Old 07-10-2005, 10:43   #45
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well tie to a stake and flog me for that simple spelling mistake, Garanda Giranda who cares. Have you got your proof yet.
No I respect your right to be a vegeatarian, it was just that the last sentence of your post didn't make sense and ended in a comma?
I do think the title of the thread was a little inflamatory though, meat stinks just as much as cabbage, though the stench of cabbage tends to linger for longer than that of meat.

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..