Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2005, 12:29   #1

Meat Stinks

Physiologically, people are more akin to plant-eaters, foragers and grazers, such as monkeys, elephants and cows, than to carnivora such as dogs, tigers and leopards."

"For example, carnivora do not sweat through their skin; body heat is controlled by rapid breathing and extrusion of the tongue. Vegetarian animals, on the other hand, have sweat pores for heat control and the elimination of impurities."

"Carnivora have long teeth and claws for holding and killing prey; vegetarian animals have short teeth and no claws."

"The saliva of carnivora contains no ptyalin and cannot predigest starches; that of vegetarian animals contains ptyalin for the predigestion of starches."

"Flesh-eating animals secrete large quantities of hydrochloric acid to help dissolve bones; vegetarian animals secrete little hydrochloric acid."

"The jaws of carnivora only open in an up and down motion; those of vegetarian animals also move sideways for additional kinds of chewing."

"Carnivora must lap liquids (like a cat); vegetarian animals take liquids in by suction through the teeth."

"There are many such comparisons, and in each case humans fit the vegetarian physiognomy. From a strictly physiological perspective, then, there are strong arguments that humans are not suited to a fleshy diet."

Last edited by Len; 05-10-2005 at 18:19. Reason: Merged posts: 198915, 198920
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2005, 12:53   #2
Resting in peace

Re: Meat Stinks

Human beings are omnivorous. That's why they have canine teeth as well as incisors and molars. And secrete hydrochloric acid. Human salive contains ptyalin because we eat vegetable matter as well.

Hands off me bacon sarnie!
Old 05-10-2005, 13:27   #3
Beacon of light

I DO like a reasoned response......and a bacon sarnie is an excellent reason.
Old 05-10-2005, 14:43   #4
Senior Member+

Or a nice juicy steak...

Mmmmmm......!

Old 05-10-2005, 14:47   #5

My Grandad used to say "If your hungrey enough you'll eat owt!!" I agree with him!!!

Old 05-10-2005, 15:01   #6
I am Banned

meat stinks...?

maybe when it comes out the other end but that goes for all food
Old 05-10-2005, 15:09   #7
I am Banned

Ah well a nice BLT yum best of both worlds covered in one bite pmsl
Old 05-10-2005, 16:58   #8
Senior Member+

It takes 5 million years to get to the top of the food chain and then we eat vegetables, doesn't make sense.

Old 05-10-2005, 17:29   #9
God Member

My father was stationed in Japan as part of the occupations forces after the war. One of the things he told me about his time there which has lurked in the back of my mind is that to the Japanese, Westerners have an offensive body odour. This is mainly due to the fact that our diet is rich in red meat and dairy produce.
Old 05-10-2005, 18:17   #10
white rabbits

i 'm with the majority ,,,give me a lovely crispy leany bacon butty
Old 05-10-2005, 18:33   #11
God Member

A nice piece of rump steak blue with all the trimmings yum yum.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 06-10-2005, 04:00   #12
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
i 'm with the majority ,,,give me a lovely crispy leany bacon butty
I for one would be quite prepared to eat a lovely crispy vegetarian! Because the only way they seem to be able to get rid of the wind their diet creates is to spread their cr*p around for the rest of us to endure!

If you don't want to eat animals I say good for you,

more meat for the rest of us!

Now get back in your field with the rest of the grazers and leave us to enjoy our food.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:25   #13
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I've often thought of trying vegetarianism but unfortunately I like my steaks too much. If we weren't supposed to eat animals then they wouldn't taste so good would they...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 06-10-2005, 10:00   #14
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
My father was stationed in Japan as part of the occupations forces after the war. One of the things he told me about his time there which has lurked in the back of my mind is that to the Japanese, Westerners have an offensive body odour. This is mainly due to the fact that our diet is rich in red meat and dairy produce.
David had a Malaysian girlfriend years ago, and she said that Westerners smell different because we eat lamb. I must admit I'm not wild about lamb, and I loathe cold lamb, but I do like mutton.

Just don't ask me about the pig's head .....
Old 06-10-2005, 11:50   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1

maybe when it comes out the other end but that goes for all food
Mine doesn't, it smells like pot pouirri.

I love meat.

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..