Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2007, 22:23   #31
God Member

Re: Middle Lane Hoggers - Blasted!

Have to say that middle lane hoggers are one of my biggest bug bears!!!!! It literally drives me mad

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2007, 23:04   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
the M66 is a 2 lane motorway, not a dual carriageway. As such lorrys are allowed in the outside lane.

if two wagons are side by side for over a mile (i've measured them over 5 miles to do one overtake BTW) then it gets annoying

As for undertaking, for your second comment you should be paying FULL attention all the time so it shouldn't be a problem
Ok .. two lane motorway .. stop splitting hairs, but no middle lane.

They need to pass the inside lorries at some stage Entwisi .. don't be so selfish .. only takes a couple of minutes, ok doesn't always work out for them if they hit an incline, and they usually move back into inside lane asap.
I get satisfaction on the M66 letting lorries do this ...worth it for the wink and the flash of lights to say thank you .. like K.S.H. says, all about respect for other drivers, think you should take this on board.

I do try and pay FULL attention at all times, but I am not perfect, make mistakes, but realise that other drivers aren't either, particularly middle lane drivers on a clear road, that is why I attempt to give them a wide berth, and not get so smug.

What's up with you ? You're a really lovely person; do you change behind the wheel ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 23:15   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

They need to pass the inside lorries at some stage Entwisi .. don't be so selfish .. only takes a couple of minutes, ok doesn't always work out for them if they hit an incline, and they usually move back into inside lane asap.
I get satisfaction on the M66 letting lorries do this ...worth it for the wink and the flash of lights to say thank you .. like K.S.H. says, all about respect for other drivers, think you should take this on board.

I do try and pay FULL attention at all times, but I am not perfect, make mistakes, but realise that other drivers aren't either, particularly middle lane drivers on a clear road, that is why I attempt to give them a wide berth, and not get so smug.

What's up with you ? You're a really lovely person; do you change behind the wheel ?
slaggin him off n then creeping,typical female ploy kate.
Old 02-08-2007, 23:21   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
slaggin him off n then creeping,typical female ploy kate.
And you can stop stirring it ! OK .. you got me sussed ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 23:33   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
And you can stop stirring it ! OK .. you got me sussed ...
Touche- ya got me sussed as well.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:18   #36
God Member

Quote:

I think your at cross purposes here, if you read my original post I said quite happily that whilst it can be infuriating at times I sit there without any problem. If it takes more than a mile then they should admit defeat and drop back in. To sit there for 5 miles is plainly down to the overtaking wagon driver not being considerate to other road usersespecially when they know that no-one can overtake them due to it only being 2 lanes. PS, they tend not to wink and flash at other blokes!

Do I change behind teh wheel? Julie says I sometime drop into 'city driving mode' where I expect people to pay attention to what they are doing which round accy doesn't happen that often. I do find that when in M/c the level of attention paid whilst driving is much higher than in countryside towns like accy and knutsford.

Am I impatient? possibly a little, its in my genes and I can't help that.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:14   #37
God Member

I never learnt to drive and reading the comments in this thread I am so...... glad. It seems to me that most drivers would be best served concentrating on doing just that DRIVING. Getting wound up must surely add to the problems on our roads. One last thought, when God made time he made plenty of it. Why is everbody in a rush these days?
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:31   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
One last thought, when God made time he made plenty of it. Why is everbody in a rush these days?
I want to get home as quickly as possible so I can spend extra time with Julie and Siobhan, whats wrong with that?

Old 03-08-2007, 10:35   #39
God Member

Quote:
I want to get home as quickly as possible so I can spend extra time with Julie and Siobhan, whats wrong with that?
Nothing wrong with that, but I am sure they would prefer you to take a bit more time and be safe, than getting worked up about other drivers.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:55   #40
God Member

Quote:
My original post was just an observation on the replies I have read, think you are all getting to worked up and that is when Road Rage happens. I thank god every day I didn't learn to drive. There are loads of accidents on the roundabout outside our house which could be avoided if people weren't in such a hurry.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:55   #41
God Member

I never said I drove recklessly though, I focus on getting home safe and sound as fast as possible , the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:15   #42
God Member

Quote:
I never said I drove recklessly though, I focus on getting home safe and sound as fast as possible , the two aren't mutually exclusive.
Neither did I say that you drove recklessly, I was just saying that drivers in general need to calm down. If all drivers are right why do accidents happen?
Old 03-08-2007, 14:53   #43
Resting in Peace

have a look at this informational video

Lane Hog

Last edited by Ber999T; 03-08-2007 at 14:54. Reason: link adjusted
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..