Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2006, 13:18   #1
I am Banned

Unhappy Missing Bus driver

Just had a fun afternoon with public transport, caught the bus about 1pm from fern gore to do my shopping & come back, ready to catch bus due at 1.30 but i got there 1.35 thinking bus was late hence a load of people waiting at bus station minutes go by & complaints were being speculated because a few had waited since 1.15 which is the one i got down town on.

Luckily there was a bus driver waiting with us that tried to track the bus down on phone - bus not reported broken down, during the speculation i let them know that the 1pm from fern gore had dropped people off in town i was one of them, so it was a case of tracking bus - luckily someone had spotted that the bus was indeed parked at stop near argos [where he drops us lot off to town] so this driver finds it & duely heads to the bustop where we all were. The driver had gone AWOL & must of left keys in bus [dunno about the money] 3 suposed bus journeys later we all arrive safely homeward bound.

Im sure when they get hold of the driver erm i'd hate to think, he must of got stuck in argos's queues LOL upto a mystery
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2006, 13:22   #2
God Member

Re: Missing Bus driver

Proberly in the Brooks club getting a pasting at snooker or hooked on the puggy.

Sure he wasnt abducted by aliens?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 13:25   #3
Resident Waffler

Hey Accymel I just came up on that same bus! We were on the same bus and didn't know it!! Where did you get off? I got off at the top of Ormerod St.

Have you noticed that the buses in general up here don't seem to be able to keep to the timetable like they used to?

Wonder what happened to the driver.............................. shades of Marie Celeste.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 13:29   #4
I am Banned

Hello willow ....geeee small world indeed yeh we on same bus i get up at top end of willows lane from broadfield.

I think everyone is missing Mick the old regular driver things haven't been on time certainly with this new one

Mick can i borrow your accyweb jacket ??? cos i keep bumping into accywebbers i haven't put a face to yet till i get on pc & discover too late
Old 19-09-2006, 13:34   #5
Resident Waffler

Yes my kids were saying how they missed Mick. He always used to know where everybody got off and had the ticket ready almost before we got on.

Old 19-09-2006, 14:05   #6
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Proberly in the Brooks club getting a pasting at snooker or hooked on the puggy.

Sure he wasnt abducted by aliens?
I'm going in to the Brooks Club this afternoon at 3.30, to hold daily court round the bar i'll find out Spuggie, therse a load of them get in there, bet their wives don't
know. Chin Chin. Sorry I mean bus drivers not them.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 14:07   #7
I am Banned

If you find him before the Boss does best tell him to make it a few more pints as he might not have a job altho he may of spent his cash bag LOL
Old 19-09-2006, 14:12   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Yes my kids were saying how they missed Mick. He always used to know where everybody got off and had the ticket ready almost before we got on.
His only on holiday isn't he???and slightly off topic does anyone know why they have started to use the buses that dont take prams again?

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 14:31   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty
His only on holiday isn't he???and slightly off topic does anyone know why they have started to use the buses that dont take prams again?
Yeah he is on a long one lol think he's taken that bus with him hence these other one - which is receiving complaints already
Old 19-09-2006, 15:31   #10
Resident Waffler

OOh then the person who told me he had defected was wrong were they? Good.

Old 19-09-2006, 15:33   #11
I am Banned

Thats all i heard was he's on holiday & they cant wait for him to come back
Old 19-09-2006, 19:50   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W.
I'm going in to the Brooks Club this afternoon at 3.30, to hold daily court round the bar i'll find out Spuggie, therse a load of them get in there, bet their wives don't
know. Chin Chin. Sorry I mean bus drivers not them.
Must rember not to be in the Brooks club when you are in in case I end up in the presence of your court alongside the bus driver. Imagine havein to stay away from your own club.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-09-2006, 21:29   #13
Resting in peace

Quote:
Must rember not to be in the Brooks club when you are in in case I end up in the presence of your court alongside the bus driver. Imagine havein to stay away from your own club.
You will now have to go before my bar-room court to get in the said club, I was a membe--r in 1957, of the 'mother' club named the
wait for it--- Accrington Discharged Soldiers and Sailors Club, later The Union St Club, so be warned, mind you a bottle of Merlot 18.75cl will get you anywhere for 2 quid. Chin Chin.
Old 19-09-2006, 22:21   #14
God Member

What happened with the driver anyway?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-09-2006, 22:37   #15
Resting in peace

Quote:
What happened with the driver anyway?
I'm sworn to sececy Spuggie ,hey hey hey his wife was in, I hope he dosn't read this thread Chin Chin. .

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..