Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2005, 21:46   #1
God Member

Missing out..

Ever feel you're missing out on something? Some of the regulars are down the pub and we're all sat at home typing for fun on a Saturday night. It's just not right is it.

So, if you had the chance where would you rather be right now?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-07-2005, 21:52   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Missing out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
Ever feel you're missing out on something? Some of the regulars are down the pub and we're all sat at home typing for fun on a Saturday night. It's just not right is it.

No, have had my round of golf, spent a little time in garden with grandchild, nice evening meal, bottle of wine or two, why go out

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2005, 21:54   #3
God Member

Ohh I'd love to be sitting on a terrace in a Spanish beach front pub with a cocktail in hand, watching the sun set over the sea.

Thanks for that Gayle I feel thoroughly miserable now lol!!
Old 16-07-2005, 21:55   #4
God Member

I know, I realised as I was posting it that I was being a bit miserable. Oh, well at least it will stop all those people having a go at me for being relentlessly cheerful.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2005, 22:00   #5
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight

Yes but it's a sacrafice you take for having children whether we like it or not.

Where would I like to be right now, that would be telling but to answer the question with an answer, where I am now but with a lottery ticket showing I had 6 numbers correct.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 16-07-2005 at 22:14. Reason: Spelling
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2005, 22:53   #6
Passed away 25-11-09

I was invited to TWO parties tonight but I had already promised to baby-sit. I have consumed half a bottle of Australian Red and I feel very mellow so, on the whole, I don't mind sitting here typing. I feel a bit like Tinkerbelle, though, but I'd rather be in Malta.
Old 16-07-2005, 23:07   #7
Senior Member+

Sat around a nice campfire, under a starry sky, can of cider in hand, noise of the sea crashing onto a cornish beach in the background,face glowing from a day in the sun on the beach,muscles aching from bodyboarding so much, telling tales with friends who look scary with just the flames to illuminate there faces.

Ps. Garlic and onion dip with breadsticks galore

NAARRR better here...

Will be doing the above soon though
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2005, 23:17   #8
God Member

I'd forgotton about the meeting tonight, but fell asleep this afternoon and didn't wake up till 2100hrs, still a bit knacked so glad I'm staying in really, nowhere I'd rather be right now.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2005, 23:19   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sat outside a blues bar in new orleans is my idea of sat night heavan.
Old 17-07-2005, 01:20   #10
God Member

well just to miff you all off, just got in, we all had a fab night and my sides are aching from laughing soooooo much. Mez and I are now in the market to start charging as official backing singers..... what do ya reckon mez???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 02:25   #11
land of hope and glory

how much do you want to stop singing...lol and wasnt that garlic dip with a pint of fresh cider right from the pump good?plus the sandwichs, cheese dip, etc......wish i was sat on a loch up scotland doing nowt just listening to the water lap around my poor feet!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 08:06   #12
mez
God Member

oooooooo you poor thing staggers, mind you, there was a lot of work done yesterday for the buffet,which was brilliant i may add, so you & mands must be shattered, but harwood red, i think im a bit too old to change my career now he he so i will give it a miss thanks.
Old 17-07-2005, 16:11   #13
Resident Waffler

Busman was working yesterday so we didn't get there either but I had a busy day anyway, spent the afternoon running a stall at the Springhill Gala and did get around to finding a bit of time to have one hand mendhi-ed. It looked like it was fading off yesterday but this morning it was actually darker than when I went to bed last night.

Having raced from there into town to cathch WH Smith's before they closed I felt quite exhausted after getting back home and didn't do much all evening apart from watch TV.

Where would I rather be than here? Tunisia! I must get around to posting some more of the photographs.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 19:38   #14
Beacon of light

I have done all that Saturday Night going out stuff, and I found you can be in just as much of a rut as staying in.......same pubs, same faces, same drinks,same hangover.

I was here typing at my computer because it was where I wanted to be......but if I had to choose to be anywhere in the world, I would like to be with my Sis in Brisbane (even if it IS winter there).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 22:32   #15

have i missed a night out ................................bloody wine,,,,,,,,,,,
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..