Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2011, 21:37   #1
Senior Member+

Missing person

Concerns have been expressed over the disappearance of one of the regular contributors to this web site. Nothing has been heard from the contributor going under the name of "Ken Moss" since 3rd November, a worryingly 20 days since his last post. It is completely out of character for Ken, who has never been backward in coming forward when the Council has been in danger of going off the rails.

A number of theories have been put forward for his disappearance. It is possible that he is so ashamed of the performances of Blackburn Rovers in recent weeks that he can't face the outside world, but experts consider that least weeks dramatic equaliser against Wigan would have been too much to prevent him coming onto the site with a whoop of delight.

A more likely explanation is that he is ashamed of his behaviour in supporting an inexplicable Council resolution to support an obscure and destructive terrorist organisation in a remote part of Asia, and he has gone into hiding. Persistent requests to justify his vote have been met with a deafening silence.

If you know of Ken's whereabouts, please treat him with caution but with care.At heart he's a gentle creature.

And remember, Crimes of this nature are comparatively rare, so don't worry. And sleep tight!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2011, 21:58   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Missing person

Perhaps he wandered into Hyndburn's own political Bermuda Triangle, and a cleaner inadvertently locked him in?

TheLeadersOffice HBC

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/m...ffice-hbc.html

Can be hard to free yourself, when tied by the chains of power.

If we all listen quietly, we might hear the screams.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 22:05   #3
Give, give, give member

I could have asked him on Facebook.

But he's de-friended me, for making a lot of fuss and silly nonesense, over the removal of some benches.

Old 24-11-2011, 22:14   #4
God Member

Poor old Mossy - thought he was a rolling stone.....

Hope he turns up - should never have gone on the Althams coach trip to Karakoroum -the offer of the free hand-made luxury knit-wear was too much to refuse obviously...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 22:20   #5
Give, give, give member

For those desperately missing him, you could always read the body of work, that he's left us to remember him by.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...archid=2507961

There are one or two threads, in which he wasn't being too beastly, about the then leader of H.B.C.

Old 24-11-2011, 22:24   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I could have asked him on Facebook.

But he's de-friended me, for making a lot of fuss and silly nonesense, over the removal of some benches.

Am not really at liberty to reveal the following BUT a close friend of mine, who is in contact with MI5, has intimated that the real reason for his visit to the afore-mentioned Kashmiri-region was to commision some secular mahoganny specifically for the construction of communal seating in the market area of the Borough of Hyndburn. Lets hope his sacrifice -if such it turns out to be -has not been in vain and that the benches at least are completed in the name of his un-selfish act....

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 25-11-2011, 11:12   #7
God Member

Breaking news from Asia - sources have just confirmed a sighting of Ken Moss at the Dalai Llama's summer palace in the Indian region of Arunachal Pradesh in the Himalayas. He is reportedly on a pilgrimage to the sights visited by his idol Richard Gere (you may have noticed in his Avatar how Mr.Moss closely resembles Mr Gere - same winning smile).

Now said to be wearing fetching orange robes it is feared he is blending in with the local population as part of a cunning plan to abscond and join a group of freedom fighters in Katmandu....all this in his quest to secure the best deal for the citizens of Hyndburn WRT the raw materials for the new communal seating area planned outside Accrington Market Hall...

Foot-note: The mahoganny in Karakoroum was found to be beyond the council's tight budget. Teak is thought to be a better bet...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 25-11-2011, 11:33   #8
Senior Member+

Why was this thread first closed, then deleted, then re-instated?

Played havoc with my karma.

Old 25-11-2011, 11:39   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post

Was it really? Didn't notice...it could be because of the sensitive information it contains!

Have sent you some karma to re-balance your Chakra Gynn....

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 25-11-2011, 11:48   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:

Because I changed my mind, its less abusive than others we have left on about other Councillors.
Old 25-11-2011, 11:48   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Have sent you some karma to re-balance your Chakra Gynn....
Many thanks.
Old 25-11-2011, 11:57   #12
God Member

I don't see why you consider that any councillor is obliged to post on this forum.

You may well prefer that they did,
but do not deny them the right to withdraw from contact with you if they so wish.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 12:06   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I don't see why you consider that any councillor is obliged to post on this forum.
Agreed, but this is a councillor who lived on this website when in opposition, and criticised other members for not posting on here.
Old 25-11-2011, 12:14   #14
God Member

Quote:
Agreed, but this is a councillor who lived on this website when in opposition, and criticised other members for not posting on here.
He may well have many better things to do than try to explain himself to you, especially since many of you have already decided his reasons for his absence, which may or may not be correct.

I am not in the position of ever being browbeaten into explaining my actions or lack of them. (Neither should he be.)

If I ever was, I think I would just 'leave you hanging' too.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 13:24   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
He may well have many better things to do than try to explain himself to you, especially since many of you have already decided his reasons for his absence, which may or may not be correct.

I am not in the position of ever being browbeaten into explaining my actions or lack of them. (Neither should he be.)

If I ever was, I think I would just 'leave you hanging' too.
You're right, this website isn't connected to H.B.C. in anyway at all, so really isn't the place to expect answers to any questions.

Though it's more than a little ironic, that the people who are now being questioned, regularly demanded answers to their own questions on here from members of the ruling party....whilst they were in opposition.

If people want to have a little moan about those in power, that's gone on since time immemorial. Over the garden fence, in the wash house, down the pub. An internet forum's just a newer place to carry on this ancient tradition.

Besides, you may as well ask questions on here, and get no reply.

Last week I wrote to a Hyndburn councillor, to the email address given on the H.B.C. website, asking for information and help, and am still awaiting a reply.

Thankfully I didn't send my very proper letter by snail mail, otherwise I would have wasted the price of a stamp.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..