Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2006, 17:32   #1
I am Banned

Thumbs down Mobile tone rip off

Well i've been done i think 30hrs later i still wait for my ringtone from Bt yahoo mobile services, when it got 24hrs i rang the help no sounds like i was ringing America [dread the phone bill now ] just about understood the bloke he then assures i will have my tone in a few moments........................................... ..................& im still waiting & even texted the number the receipt came in & nowt

Funny tho i dont get my tone BUT they soon took my money off my phone tho £3 is a lot for what they are but cheapest without getting Jamster - even bigger rip offs!!! Seems yesterday it should of said in my horoscope - Mel dont go & get any phone tone!!! Disaster 2 was a tone i recieved earlier had only resent so another £3.50 off my credit but even this one hasn't resent the wap code - so another charge & nowt to show for, i have emailed these as they are my phone provider to refund & played Hell!!!

Boredom does many strange things & paid a huge price, some would say im mad BUT again like other things these companies are making a muppet mint out of this & it shouldnt be because of ripping mugs like me off!!! I will not drop it till its sorted but learnt a lesson at the same time, once again Citizen Mel will be complaining.

Surely im not only one whom has been prey to mobile services rip offs?????
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2006, 17:37   #2
God Member

Re: Mobile tone rip off

You not tried finding them on-line rather than paying for them?
Zedge will be a good start for free ringtones

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 17:39   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H
You not tried finding them on-line rather than paying for them?
Zedge will be a good start for free ringtones
Blooming heck - free ones did i read?????

I didnt know there was free ones & stupid me would probably have judged that as a catch not like the pay ones big catch doh! LOL
Old 23-07-2006, 17:44   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Blooming heck - free ones did i read?????

I didnt know there was free ones & stupid me would probably have judged that as a catch not like the pay ones big catch doh! LOL
LOL, heres a direct link to the FREE ringtone section, you might have to register though - its safe, I use it a lot for themes and ringtones, just use an easy address or something like that so you don't get spammed

www.ubuntu.com

Old 23-07-2006, 18:02   #5
I am Banned

Thanks KSh looks good only prob is do u have to have mobile hook up to pc cos altho my phone can i haven't got the software nor cable
Old 23-07-2006, 18:08   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Thanks KSh looks good only prob is do u have to have mobile hook up to pc cos altho my phone can i haven't got the software nor cable
Ooops, thats something you will need unless you have wap access then you can get then put into "your account" on Zedge and upload them to your phone from there, a while since I done it that way but from memory you put the file in your account, go to your accounts page and I'm sure theres a link somewhere in there that creates a wap code for you.

www.ubuntu.com

Old 23-07-2006, 18:11   #7
I am Banned

Cheers KSH just found help guide & says i can download them off my documents stored on site to my phone via wap - just takes the slight edge off free but still be much cheaper than my past route cos i didnt include wap charges on top of pay tones LOL
Old 23-07-2006, 18:16   #8
God Member

why not get a £5 bluetooth adaptor for your PC and send them that way?

Oh and get Audacity which allows you to edit MP3s to cut suitable sections out of songs which you can then BT to your phone for use as a ringtone.

You really don't need to pay for ringtones

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 18:20   #9
I am Banned

Now you all tell me LOL

How do i get Audacity Entwisi, but maybe i should mention as people were showing their bluetooth off LOL & mine dont have it <sniff>
Old 23-07-2006, 18:22   #10
God Member

YOu got infra-red on it? you can get IR adapters as well as bluetooth ones

www.ubuntu.com

Old 23-07-2006, 18:29   #11
I am Banned

No infrared port either mine a motorolla v220
Old 23-07-2006, 18:35   #12
God Member

Quote:
Now you all tell me LOL
You should have asked 1st

You'll either have to-
download it via wap from places like Zedge.
Get a cable for you phone to PC, only be a couple of quid off the market, software will be available online I would think.
Get someone else to get it on their phone amd MMS it to yours but I think there will be file size limits that way so might not work.

www.ubuntu.com

Old 23-07-2006, 18:39   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H
You should have asked 1st

You'll either have to-
download it via wap from places like Zedge.
Get a cable for you phone to PC, only be a couple of quid off the market, software will be available online I would think.
Get someone else to get it on their phone amd MMS it to yours but I think there will be file size limits that way so might not work.
Hehehehe i know for next time LOL

I can get a cable but the problem is getting the software - my phone has a forum of its own regarding that & motorolla site isn't helpful with older phones
Old 23-07-2006, 18:42   #14
I am Banned

I'll just wap it instead lol
Old 23-07-2006, 18:43   #15
God Member

OK then, BUY A BETTER PHONE!!!!!

Audacity is freeware http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

Last edited by entwisi; 23-07-2006 at 18:45.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..