Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2006, 12:31   #1
God Member

AccringtonWeb Firefox Plugin

There is a new update! Latest Version is 0.16

Hello i've created a plugin for firefox web browser which will add a AccringtonWeb drop-down menu to firefox (Much like File, Edit, View, etc). It will also add a drop-down menu when you right click anywhere on a page. The menu contains direct links to certain parts of AccringtonWeb forums to make it easier to navigate. I've released it here because I find it very usefull and use it all the time.

How to
For those of you who don't know what Firefox is, it's a web browser which many of us use instead of Internet Explorer, if you don't already have Firefox and want to install this plugin you must go to http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ to download it.

Once you have Firefox go to https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3012 which is the Firefox Addon page and where I have submited this plugin. Click 'install now' and follow the instructions.

Once it's done (will only take a few seconds) you need to close all the Firefox windows down then open them back up, and the Menu will have appeared.

How to UPDATE
Simply go to https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3012 and click 'install now' once you hear an update is required!

Future Versions
I'd love to hear your feedback on the plugin, and perhaps suggestions of improvements. I was thinking about having a logo competition, as the current logo is just the 3 Lions image.

Thank-you for reading!

Ps. I posted it in General and not Tech because it actually has something to do with AccringtonWeb.

What it looks like (click for big picture)

Last edited by andrewb; 23-07-2006 at 21:24.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2006, 14:57   #2

Re: AccringtonWeb Firefox Plugin

Heyho
I'm lovin' FireFox!!! I recommend to everyone. And your plug in works great...quick and easy to get anywhere in AccyWeb

Lea
x

Last edited by ploppysirploppy; 23-07-2006 at 15:16.
ploppysirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 17:08   #3
God Member

Thank-you for your feedback ploppysirploppy.

I've updated my original post with an image which should be easier to understand than my description.

Around 60 people have downloaded this already! However hardly anyone has left any feedback/suggestions, and I doubt that it's because my plugin is perfect with no errors what so ever So get replying
Old 23-07-2006, 17:16   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
Thank-you for your feedback ploppysirploppy.

I've updated my original post with an image which should be easier to understand than my description.

Around 60 people have downloaded this already! However hardly anyone has left any feedback/suggestions, and I doubt that it's because my plugin is perfect with no errors what so ever So get replying
Problem is about replying is that you have to register to mozilla add ons a bit of palavour when you just want to leave feedback so thats the off putting bit, i have to say handy extra & freed space on my favs taskbar now lol Great stuff!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 17:17   #5
God Member

Everything seems Ok to me.
Could the gallery/competition pages be put in there?

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 17:28   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Problem is about replying is that you have to register to mozilla add ons a bit of palavour when you just want to leave feedback so thats the off putting bit, i have to say handy extra & freed space on my favs taskbar now lol Great stuff!
Ah yes, I mean just reply here to leave feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H
Everything seems Ok to me.
Could the gallery/competition pages be put in there?
Yes they could! Could you give me any idea on what sort of structure I would use? For example should it just be the same as the forum structure...

Code:
Gallery > Todays Accrington > Public Houses, Buildings and Property, Public Events
?

Where Gallery is the main menu, "Todays Accrington" is a submenu of that, and then "Public Houses","Buildings and Property", "Public Events" are sub..submenus.. if you catch my drift!

I'm sure the competitions could be implemented but i'll have to think about how its done, because I see there are roughly two a month, and people won't want to update the addon so often... i'll have a think about that one.
Old 23-07-2006, 17:33   #7
God Member

Quote:
Where Gallery is the main menu, "Todays Accrington" is a submenu of that, and then "Public Houses","Buildings and Property", "Public Events" are sub..submenus.. if you catch my drift!
I think a link to the main gallery would do - THIS is the link

Quote:
I'm sure the competitions could be implemented but i'll have to think about how its done, because I see there are roughly two a month, and people won't want to update the addon so often... i'll have a think about that one.
Competitions are in the FUN ALBUMS section so wouldn't need updating if you used that link

www.ubuntu.com

Old 23-07-2006, 17:35   #8
God Member

Yes that is a better idea. I will wait to see if there are any more suggestions then I shall release the next version soon (perhaps tomorrow if people make some more suggestions tonight). It should be as easy as clicking 'install now' to update so there should be no problems.

Thank-you K.S.H
Old 23-07-2006, 17:41   #9
God Member

No problem.
The only other 2 buttons I use quite a bit are the "todays posts" and the "private messages"

www.ubuntu.com

Old 23-07-2006, 17:46   #10
God Member

Taken note on private messages, I will add that to 'AccringtonWeb Extras'

"Todays Posts" Is under "Search" on the plugin, if you feel it should be in a better place then please say so. ty
Old 23-07-2006, 17:48   #11
God Member

Quote:
Taken note on private messages, I will add that to 'AccringtonWeb Extras'

"Todays Posts" Is under "Search" on the plugin, if you feel it should be in a better place then please say so. ty
Ah, seen it - I see the "new post" on the main list but didn't spot the other, its Ok now I know where it is

www.ubuntu.com

Old 23-07-2006, 18:21   #12
God Member

Nice work matey! Now if Roy will enable RSS I can check it through my phones feed reader as well

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 18:53   #13
God Member

Wheres the link to my profile so the girlies can find it and pm me for a date
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 18:54   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
Wheres the link to my profile so the girlies can find it and pm me for a date
Will the "buy sell and swap" page not do

www.ubuntu.com

Old 23-07-2006, 19:04   #15
God Member

lol I'll see if I can sneak an ad in while micks away.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..