Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2009, 10:39   #1
I am Banned

Money is it real.

It is the month of June, on the shores of the Irish Sea . It is raining, and the little town looks totally deserted. It is tough times, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.

A rich tourist comes to town.

He enters the only hotel, lays a 100 Euro note on the reception counter, and goes to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one.

The hotel proprietor takes the 100 Euro note and runs to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the 100 Euro note, and runs to pay his debt to the pig grower.

The pig grower takes the 100 Euro note, and runs to pay his debt to the supplier of his feed and fuel.

The supplier of feed and fuel takes the 100 Euro note and runs to pay his debt to the town's prostitute that in these hard times, gave her "services" on credit.

The hooker runs to the hotel, and pays off her debt with the 100 Euro note to the hotel proprietor to pay for the rooms that she rented when she brought her clients there.

The hotel proprietor then lays the 100 Euro note back on the counter so that the rich tourist will not suspect anything.

At that moment, the rich tourist comes down after inspecting the rooms, and takes his 100 Euro note, after saying that he did not like any of the rooms, and leaves town.

No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now without debt, and looks to the future with a lot of optimism.

Anyone still think that money is real ?

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-08-2009, 11:35   #2

Re: Money is it real.

The tourist provided the hotelier with an interest free loan which would never happen
Old 20-08-2009, 11:47   #3
God Member

but the towns people could have cleared this themselves without the rich tourist. Your example showed each with a debt of 100 and a creditor of 100 so all of them had a new balance of zero. your example is just a microscopic view of life and finance as a whole.

<for Less>

When it gets interesting is when you introduce the rich banker who skims off
exorbitant interest from everyones overdrafts and charges so he can buy the best meat from the butcher, services of the whore, drinks off the hotelier and still have money in his pocket

</for Less>

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 15:02   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
the whole town is now without debt,
No their not, the hotel proprietor is still owed money as the tourist took it back off the desk so he didn't actually get paid

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 16:58   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
No their not, the hotel proprietor is still owed money as the tourist took it back off the desk so he didn't actually get paid
That money was only a deposit while he inspected the rooms, the rooms not being satisfactory, he took his deposit back. Everyone else got paid.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 22:42   #6
God Member

sounds like the whole economy of Ossy summed up in one post!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 23:33   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
sounds like the whole economy of Ossy summed up in one post!
So who's the hooker .... sorry, lady of negotiable virtue .... anyone we know
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 02:18   #8
God Member

Tealeaf's sister.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 03:27   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Tealeaf's sister.
Any good?
Old 21-08-2009, 06:24   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
That money was only a deposit while he inspected the rooms, the rooms not being satisfactory, he took his deposit back. Everyone else got paid.

Retlaw.
No
Quote:
The hooker runs to the hotel, and pays off her debt with the 100 Euro note to the hotel proprietor to pay for the rooms that she rented when she brought her clients there.

The hotel proprietor then lays the 100 Euro note back on the counter so that the rich tourist will not suspect anything.
The last person to put the money there was the hooker, that was her payment to the hotel, the tourist did take it back so the hotel never got paid the money owed by the hooker

www.ubuntu.com

Old 21-08-2009, 07:30   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
No

The last person to put the money there was the hooker, that was her payment to the hotel, the tourist did take it back so the hotel never got paid the money owed by the hooker
But in a sense he is still a c-note ahead because now he doesn't owe the butcher.
Old 21-08-2009, 09:08   #12
God Member

I think that we will have devaluation soon, so I am spending mine

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 13:27   #13
God Member

What entwisi said
Old 22-08-2009, 15:33   #14
God Member

This cartoon sums up the situation
The Importance of Saving Money - Clips - South Park Studios

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 15:35   #15
God Member

why was my last reply removed???

www.ubuntu.com

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..