Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2005, 10:48   #1

Monroes Rave Club

Just been told by my dad that Monroes nightclub Gt Harwood has been burned to the ground, someone has rammed the place with a car and set it on fire. Ian that owns Monroes has been geetting the club ready for reopening after a long court case with lancashire police.
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2005, 11:00   #2
God Member

Re: Monroes Rave Club

Insurance job or disgruntled local resident?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:24   #3
I am Banned

probably just a gate crasher lol

Last edited by chav1; 02-02-2005 at 11:29.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:35   #4
Wez

Good good, I hate that place.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:52   #5

It was not insured. Ian has lost everything just been to see the place nothing left only walls standing. kick a man while his down.
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:08   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthedj
It was not insured. Ian has lost everything just been to see the place nothing left only walls standing. kick a man while his down.
If anyone up there is putting the boot in, then put one in for me.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:10   #7
Wez

Not that I wish to be rude mate but the place had no license for alcohol, operated under the pretence of being a club for younger people, was rife with drugs, had regular violent incidents and above all plays crap music (yes, crap i.e no talent whatsoever, if I compared hard house to television it would be a gay version of the teletubbies but I suppose that's beside the point).

What I'm trying to say is that Monroes was a "Chav" haven which encouraged idiots to run riot and take the ****, generally bringing the area down.

So as far as I'm concerned all the scum that went there can go back to drinking on street corners..
Old 02-02-2005, 12:23   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
Not that I wish to be rude mate but the place had no license for alcohol, operated under the pretence of being a club for younger people, was rife with drugs, had regular violent incidents and above all plays crap music (yes, crap i.e no talent whatsoever, if I compared hard house to television it would be a gay version of the teletubbies but I suppose that's beside the point).

What I'm trying to say is that Monroes was a "Chav" haven which encouraged idiots to run riot and take the ****, generally bringing the area down.

So as far as I'm concerned all the scum that went there can go back to drinking on street corners..
Well said, Wez....I don't think anyone had any illusions about what this establishment was. There is an argument that at least it kept the Riff-Raff (or should I say Chavs) in one place; now they'll be back on the street corners - hopefully, not yours or mine. However, allowing a place like that to continue - which, following the due process of the law would have happened - would simply have legitimised the criminal activity. Sometimes there is an argument for taking the law into your own hands.

I trust the Lancashire Constabulary will not be committing too many of it's scarce resources in investigating this incident.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:35   #9
Wez

Word up Tealeaf =)
Old 02-02-2005, 12:42   #10
Beacon of light

Glad the place is gone.....it was a dive. And if the guy who owned it was not insured then it is sad, but ces't la vie....I'm sure he is not on the breadline anyway.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:02   #11
I am Banned

they had to sell drugs at monroes to relieve the pain caused by the music

i remember when the police used to shut all roads into great harwood down to stop ravers getting there in the late 80s

we used to get scousers asking where monroes was and we would say were just on our way there m8 follow us and lead them on a wild goose chase and leave them lost over the tops of blackburn or haslingden somwhere lol
Old 03-02-2005, 14:44   #12

only time i was up there it was mainly gypsies and people coming over from salford and thats about 19 months ago and dont how the hell the owner has got off i know enough people that have sold pills in there and how the bouncers knew about it and as for the no alcohol policy thats a joke as well as tip the bouncers a few quid and they ll let you bring it in . What was the worst is couldnt even get a taxi to pick me up from there tried a few companys in accy ended up walking into clayton at 4 in the morning
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 15:15   #13
God Member

The thing that sickens me about this whole farrago is that the majority of people knew all about what was going on there, including the Police, but it seems to have escaped the attention of the Magistrature. Not for the first time, one wonders whether they inhabit the same planet as the rest of us!
Old 03-02-2005, 15:28   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
The thing that sickens me about this whole farrago is that the majority of people knew all about what was going on there, including the Police, but it seems to have escaped the attention of the Magistrature. Not for the first time, one wonders whether they inhabit the same planet as the rest of us!
hell they were that blatent about selling drugs the police could have turned up in uniform and bought them then arrested them
Old 03-02-2005, 16:20   #15

i know monroes was prob the worst ive been in for drugs but think most clubs now are rife with em you only need to look round the dancefloor and look at half there eyes to see they are on something . Went to heaven and hell in blackpool in the summer by 3 in the morning it looked like a room full of zombies
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..