Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 01:08   #31
God Member

Re: Moon landings

The men that landed on the moon are alive! and the people that deny this great feat for mankind are ..well....luddites .you have no faith in mankind..but for you lot we would still be sitting in caves..or at the very best sitting on a spinning jenny weaving cloth for the rich!

Last edited by Mancie; 03-02-2007 at 01:11.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2007, 01:28   #32
Yank in King Art's Court!

I just watch a fairly compelling show on the history channel (I think). It discussed all the conspiracy theories. They then had different scientists from around the world answering everyone. Many of the questions thrown about here.

I think, for me, what nails it is that the Russian never once disputed any of it (according to this show). They could have easily throw a bit of propagnada about it but I don't believe they ever did.

Why haven't we gone back . . . maybe cause folks finally figured out that spending billions of dollars to watch some guy frolicing about on the moon made no bloody sense at all (IMHO).

Do I think the U.S. Government would lie about such things/ Yup, I think they'd lie about all kinds of stuff but that's another question.

Brian

PS _ Pink Floyd, good one cousin Knight!

Last edited by LancYorkYankee; 03-02-2007 at 01:30. Reason: Spelling correction!
LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:29   #33
Senior Member+

Rubbish,my extended family & i invented everything as you know it,so think yourself lucky you even got to watch grainy black & white footage of some actor pretending to set foot on the moon to keep fantasists like yourself content.I will bomb the moon,& you will know about it.But don't tell the cops.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:32   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Rubbish,my extended family & i invented everything as you know it,so think yourself lucky you even got to watch grainy black & white footage of some actor pretending to set foot on the moon to keep fantasists like yourself content.I will bomb the moon,& you will know about it.But don't tell the cops.
Maxwell.. be careful with the Jack Daniels son.. its affectng you
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:35   #35
Yank in King Art's Court!

Geez Maxwell, was that aimed a my response. I didn't think I was spewing total rubbish!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:58   #36
Resident Waffler

I saw a grainy black and white film of an actual alien autopsy on TV which proved that a UFO had crash landed at Roswell - it featured later in a film with Ant & Dec portraying the guys who admitted that they'd faked the film. But they faked it because the original got destroyed! ? !

Yep, if you see it on TV it must be real. I remain sceptical. I've seen arguments for and arguments against and neither have managed to totally convince me one way or the other.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:34   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
So you are saying it was all a fake? it was all faked by thousands of people?.. you are the ones in denial.. you need to supply evidence..evidence you don't have.. to say a flag didn't sway the way it should do or shadows don't shine they way they should is not enough..you prove it (just a word of advice.. the drugs don't work..it just makes things worse)
you are saying we need to prove it was fake....other side of the coin is that YOU need to prove it wasnt...can you ?..can we...??
and as for the drugs not working I think they do and make some people believe the hype...
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:12   #38
I am Banned

moon landing was fake but was beleived for so long it has just become accepted that it happened

the amount of lead needed to protect the film in teh camera alone from teh radiation in the atmosphere would have made the space craft too heavy to make it into space

seen a lot of programs abou this and there is more evidence supporting it to be fake than it to be real

also mentioned in the show was that some top level peopel on the project had very suspicious deaths over the year after , i would probably have to do a lot of digging around to find teh names etc but it was mentioned on a documentary about this subject

mind you if they can get that fat arse elvis up on the moon for teh sport to photograh then anything is possible
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:16   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Taken from a conspiracy theory site - this is why I'm suspicious. I'm not saying for certain either way because I've never been there but it does seem a bit dodgy.

9 SPACE ODDITIES:

1. Apollo 14 astronaut Allen Shepard played golf on the Moon. In front of a worldwide TV audience, Mission Control teased him about slicing the ball to the right. Yet a slice is caused by uneven air flow over the ball. The Moon has no atmosphere and no air.

2. A camera panned upwards to catch Apollo 16's Lunar Landerlifting off the Moon. Who did the filming?

3. One NASA picture from Apollo 11 is looking up at Neil Armstrong about to take his giant step for mankind. The photographer must have been lying on the planet surface. If Armstrong was the first man on the Moon, then who took the shot?

4. The pressure inside a space suit was greater than inside a football. The astronauts should have been puffed out like the Michelin Man, but were seen freely bending their joints.

5. The Moon landings took place during the Cold War. Why didn't America make a signal on the moon that could be seen from earth? The Google Page Ranking would have been phenomenal and it could have been easily done with magnesium flares.

6. Text from pictures in the article said that only two men walked on the Moon during the Apollo 12 mission. Yet the astronaut reflected in the visor has no camera. Who took the shot?

7. The flags shadow goes behind the rock so doesn't match the dark line in the foreground, which looks like a line cord. So the shadow to the lower right of the spaceman must be the flag. Where is his shadow? And why is the flag fluttering if there is no air or wind on the moon?

8. How can the flag be brightly lit when its side is to the light? And where, in all of these shots, are the stars?

9. The Lander weighed 17 tons yet the astronauts feet seem to have made a bigger dent in the dust. The powerful booster rocket at the base of the Lunar Lander was fired to slow descent to the moons service. Yet it has left no traces of blasting on the dust underneath. It should have created a small crater, yet the booster looks like it's never been fired.
1. Probably a sarcastic joke

2. External camera remotely controlled?

3. As number 2

4. Air control and other gizmo stuff being controlled in the spacesuit and the design of it itself

5. It would have to be a big light

6. Head mounted camera?

7. Shadows, etc effected by sun reflecting of other objects and man made light. The flag doesn't flutter, the shadows make it look like it's fluttering. There is slight gravity on the moon also pulling down....

8. Man made light and reflections

9. Camera angle? Weight distributed evenly over the service?

There we go, they did land on the moon ;-)

I'm not that fussed and not taking any sides on any opinions, but you need some good hard evidence to say they did or did not land on the moon.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:08   #40
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post

mind you if they can get that fat arse elvis up on the moon for teh sport to photograh then anything is possible
Isn't there a double decker bus up there too? I've seen the photos of that so it must be true.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:33   #41

Yes Willow there is,I used to work for the Sunday Sport and it was rumoured Hitler was on board plotting his comeback.
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:25   #42
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman View Post
Yes Willow there is,I used to work for the Sunday Sport and it was rumoured Hitler was on board plotting his comeback.
That's a pack of lies I'm on here doing it! That's just about as true as the moon landings, one thing to land, another to get off again.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:49   #43
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
2. External camera remotely controlled?

nope , in interviews the astronout said his buddy took the picture , i forget who took whos picture but it wasnt a remote camera and besides if they had a remote camera wouldntthey have had their picture taken together?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 14:16   #44
God Member

I'm a non believer, been into this before and I found THIS a good site

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 18:02   #45

I saw Buzz on TV last night he spoke of how he'd once punched someone who questioned the truth of the Moon landing.

I would think that if I had risked my life numerous times,flying into the unknown and then people ridiculed the fact.I too would take offence.

Who knows,the answer to the photographic evidence could be that the photos were indeed reshot on earth.

Time will probably tell with the release of info over the coming years.

Considering that the technology we are allowed to see ,is usually years behind what actually exist there could be people up there now.
Watch the skies!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..