Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2007, 21:53   #1
God Member

Moon landings

posted this in Gen chat but not sure (joke of the day?)

This is something that keeps popping up,
Some people do not believe the 1969 moon landing by mankind took place..these people back up the argument questioning the photograpic evidence..does anyone on accy web agree with the "non believers"
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2007, 21:54   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Moon landings

Yep ..............

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 21:58   #3
God Member

?? how did you get away with that answer Willow? always tells me I have to type more words to reply..
Old 02-02-2007, 22:00   #4
Resident Waffler

Oooh I'm not sure I should tell you - I might get in bother.

Old 02-02-2007, 22:04   #5
God Member

I'm a bit suspicious of the moon landings in 69. I think we've probably been capable of going since but I'm not sure we were back then.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 22:05   #6
God Member

No Willow don't tell me.. but please do give a (shortish) reason why you don't believe man landed on the moon
OK Gayle.. you suspect not? so you don't believe your eyes?

Last edited by Mancie; 02-02-2007 at 22:07.
Old 02-02-2007, 22:07   #7
Senior Member+

Saw all the original landings with gaping gob like any normal kid,then the conspiracy theories started & i had my doubts.The film Capricorn One sealed it for me.You know the yanks(no offence to fellow members),but to come second isn't good enough.
Old 02-02-2007, 22:08   #8
Resident Waffler

It may well be that there was a moon landing but I'm not altogether convinced that all those photos were taken there. There are a lot of anomalies.

Old 02-02-2007, 22:09   #9
God Member

I believe that we got there, and did those transmissions.

What else is there to believe in?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 22:13   #10
God Member

I don't think they landed on the moon. For one, the flag was fluttering when there is no atmosphere on the moon. Secondly, the shadows on the photographs supposedly taken on the moon could only have been created with multiple light sources and, in particular, powerful spotlights. But the only light source on the Moon was the sun.

One glaring idiocy needs to be mentioned.
One NASA picture from Apollo 11 is looking up at Neil Armstrong about to take his giant step for mankind. The photographer must have been lying on the planet surface. If Armstrong was the first man on the Moon, then who took the shot?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 22:15   #11
God Member

Of course.. it is a FACT man landed on the moon in 69..anyone contradicting this fact is living in cloud cuckoo land..( post some photos to prove you've been there)

Last edited by Mancie; 02-02-2007 at 22:17.
Old 02-02-2007, 22:19   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Of course.. it is a FACT man landed on the moon in 69..anyone contradicting this fact is living in cloud cuckoo land..( post some photos to prove you've been there)
Well that made about as much sense as Hitler on acid.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 22:26   #13
God Member

Taken from a conspiracy theory site - this is why I'm suspicious. I'm not saying for certain either way because I've never been there but it does seem a bit dodgy.

9 SPACE ODDITIES:

1. Apollo 14 astronaut Allen Shepard played golf on the Moon. In front of a worldwide TV audience, Mission Control teased him about slicing the ball to the right. Yet a slice is caused by uneven air flow over the ball. The Moon has no atmosphere and no air.

2. A camera panned upwards to catch Apollo 16's Lunar Landerlifting off the Moon. Who did the filming?

3. One NASA picture from Apollo 11 is looking up at Neil Armstrong about to take his giant step for mankind. The photographer must have been lying on the planet surface. If Armstrong was the first man on the Moon, then who took the shot?

4. The pressure inside a space suit was greater than inside a football. The astronauts should have been puffed out like the Michelin Man, but were seen freely bending their joints.

5. The Moon landings took place during the Cold War. Why didn't America make a signal on the moon that could be seen from earth? The Google Page Ranking would have been phenomenal and it could have been easily done with magnesium flares.

6. Text from pictures in the article said that only two men walked on the Moon during the Apollo 12 mission. Yet the astronaut reflected in the visor has no camera. Who took the shot?

7. The flags shadow goes behind the rock so doesn't match the dark line in the foreground, which looks like a line cord. So the shadow to the lower right of the spaceman must be the flag. Where is his shadow? And why is the flag fluttering if there is no air or wind on the moon?

8. How can the flag be brightly lit when its side is to the light? And where, in all of these shots, are the stars?

9. The Lander weighed 17 tons yet the astronauts feet seem to have made a bigger dent in the dust. The powerful booster rocket at the base of the Lunar Lander was fired to slow descent to the moons service. Yet it has left no traces of blasting on the dust underneath. It should have created a small crater, yet the booster looks like it's never been fired.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 22:28   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Well that made about as much sense as Hitler on acid.
Ok Shaker.. 100's of scientists,1000's of assistants even down to the tiolet cleaners are all lying?.. it is cloud cuckoo land..(and "Hitler on acid" are a great band)
Old 02-02-2007, 22:33   #15
Resident Waffler

They didn't have to be all lying, just all conned.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..