Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2010, 22:15   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: Mosque at Ground Zero

...and as a mater of record, I have no problem with a mosque being built near the site of ground zero.

There are lots of other places of worship in the vicinity, and people of many differeing beliefs perished because of those terrible acts of terrorism.

My gripe is with extremism, which can be masked by any religion.

My gripe is also with the fundamentalist, ignorantly blinkered, and just plain stupid.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2010, 22:17   #47
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Was that a typo or deliberate? Hit the nail on the head, anyway!
Oh I wish.

Sadly no.

More to do with St. Vitus.

God rest his soul.

Old 03-11-2010, 22:22   #48
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Oh I wish.

Sadly no.

More to do with St. Vitus.

God rest his soul.

Well, it made me laugh. Karma sent.
Old 03-11-2010, 22:23   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddlebit View Post
Of course you can provide evidence?

Didn't think so. Try talking to people from all walks of life. You'll learn a lot more than you will from the Daily Mail, Express, or for that matter Accyweb.

I cannot believe the level of ignorance I've seen in discussing race here, including from people who would lead us. You should hang your heads in shame. Instead, the racist clique has lost another member.

I know I won't be missed, but I can at least reciprocate with a clear conscience. I even know what one is.
its you that should hang yer head in shame, yeh gotta be the dumbest member of this year at least. still i agree wi yer last paragraph- ya won't be missed.
Old 03-11-2010, 22:25   #50
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i agree wi yer last paragraph- ya won't be missed.
Not even a tiny iddle bbit?

No?

Me neither.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:31   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Not even a tiny iddle bbit?

No?

Me neither.
All in favour
Old 04-11-2010, 14:17   #52
Super Moderator

I would've liked to see him stay. He's obviously a bit of a pompous git and somewhat ill-informed in certain areas, but he seems to have views that are radically different than a lot of Accywebbers, so it might have led to some interesting arguments.

Never mind, we'll live.
Old 04-11-2010, 17:46   #53
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The problem here Hiddle is that folk will always have different viewpoints on various issues & especially one as emotive as this ! Religion will always be a bone of contention even amongst our own Christian faiths (Sectarianism in Ireland & to a lesser degree in Scotland).

That alone is bad enough within our shores but when an outside religion is brought into the picture ! Many Immigrants have come to the UK over the years bringing with them their culture & religions, they may have been viewed with scepticism & mistrust, but while maybe not totally accepted at least these ways were tolerated.

"Ignorance ?" Possibly, but as the times have changed & these "Minorities" make greater demands into our quaint, British way (the one that allowed them to continue with their Cultures & Religions) despite being guests, they have become occupiers & demanding more & more as our own heritage & Culture regresses & is continually pushed to the back by the overwhelming burden of Foreign Culture.

Jaysay made a point with which you disagreed,( for your reference I've included a few snippets, so in your own time ... ) you then followed this up by claiming :-

I cannot believe the level of ignorance I've seen in discussing race here, including from people who would lead us. You should hang your heads in shame. Instead, the racist clique has lost another member.

I do not class myself as either ignorant or racist, so to that end I find your comments well wide of the mark (just my British nature of course allows me, to allow you, to make such accusations without any comeback or retribution) As I've stated elsewhere I've worked, played & generally got on alongside people of many colours, creeds, races & religions. Again this is due to my own personal sense of fair play & acceptance a very British trait I think you'll agree ? Well possibly not from your postings here.

So the crux of the problem doesn't necessarily lie with the great British public, but with those who seek to destroy our tolerant & accepting nature, those who on the one hand decry these "Atrocities" in public but who then in private condone them ! Please before you disdain our views look long & hard at what is going on all around us every day !

Moderate Muslims in Luton, UK were not Moderate The Human Rights Coalition Against Radical Islam

Amanpour: Radical, moderate Muslims battle for young English minds - CNN

Moderate Muslim head of UK TV channel held on terror claims - Jihad Watch

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 04-11-2010 at 17:48.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..