Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2008, 17:14   #46

Re: Mum Has Fractured Her Hip

Bernie - so sorry to hear about your mum and granddaughter. It never rains but it pours, eh? Hope you will have more cheery news soon. Take care.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-05-2008, 21:09   #47
God Member

Awww Bernie, so sorry to hear that Hope your grand daughter is doing ok.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 21:14   #48
Resident Waffler

Hope your granddaughter will be home soon. It never rains but it pours. Yes it does always seem to be chilly up there at the Royal Blackburn waiting for a bus. It's a very exposed location. Good to hear your Mum has been transferred to Accy Vic.That's a good sign.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 22:53   #49
God Member

Mum is doing pretty good all things considered although she is a bit fed up just sitting about all the time. She has always lead such an active life. She is walking with her frame as long as there is a nurse with her. There is one thing that is puzzling me and that is she has been told not to put her foot flat (so on the injured foot she is walking on her toes). Was just wondering if anybody else's relatives were also told this
My grand-daughter is also doing ok and has to go back to the fracture clinic on Wednesday morning.
Old 28-05-2008, 16:55   #50
God Member

Even better news today they are hoping mum will be back in her flat on Tuesday. The social worker is coming for a meeting on Friday and then they will assess the flat to see what aids she will need. I am sure she will feel better in herself when she gets home.
Old 28-05-2008, 16:58   #51
Resident Waffler

That's great news Bernie. She's bound to feel better when she's home.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 17:01   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Mum is doing pretty good all things considered although she is a bit fed up just sitting about all the time. She has always lead such an active life. She is walking with her frame as long as there is a nurse with her. There is one thing that is puzzling me and that is she has been told not to put her foot flat (so on the injured foot she is walking on her toes). Was just wondering if anybody else's relatives were also told this
My grand-daughter is also doing ok and has to go back to the fracture clinic on Wednesday morning.
Bernie, yes it is quite normal, it's called hip precautions. Have they given her a elevated chair too?? and elevated toilet seat?? It's all part and parcel of these hip precautions that she will be on for a couple of weeks til the hip has settled down.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 28-05-2008, 17:02   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
That's great news Bernie. She's bound to feel better when she's home.
Yes I'm sure she will she seems a bit down at the minute not like mum at all
Old 28-05-2008, 17:05   #54
Beacon of light

I'm sure that part of her feeling 'down' will be to do with frustration at having to depend on other people to help her with day to day activities.
Your Mum's generation are very independent.......and want to do things for themselves.
I speak from experience here as my Mum is very much the same.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 17:14   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Bernie, yes it is quite normal, it's called hip precautions. Have they given her a elevated chair too?? and elevated toilet seat?? It's all part and parcel of these hip precautions that she will be on for a couple of weeks til the hip has settled down.
Thanks for telling me that Slinky. As for the seats that is what they are going to sort for her, was saying the other day she needs a chair like the one at the hospital but am sure they will loan her one. There will be people coming in three times a day to do physio with her as well.
Old 28-05-2008, 17:15   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I'm sure that part of her feeling 'down' will be to do with frustration at having to depend on other people to help her with day to day activities.
Your Mum's generation are very independent.......and want to do things for themselves.
I speak from experience here as my Mum is very much the same.
As I have said to you before Marg our mums could be sisters they are so much alike in their ways
Old 28-05-2008, 17:18   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Thanks for telling me that Slinky. As for the seats that is what they are going to sort for her, was saying the other day she needs a chair like the one at the hospital but am sure they will loan her one. There will be people coming in three times a day to do physio with her as well.
Yes they will ..... they will probably fit height adjusters onto the bottom of her existing chair, and place a higher toilet seat fixed to her loo. They can also fit these height adjusters on her bed too if she is struggling.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 28-05-2008, 17:20   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Yes they will ..... they will probably fit height adjusters onto the bottom of her existing chair, and place a higher toilet seat fixed to her loo. They can also fit these height adjusters on her bed too if she is struggling.
Thay are really helpful, sure it will all be sorted.
Old 28-05-2008, 17:28   #59
Beacon of light

Bernie, it sounds like it is all coming together. I'm sure your Mum will buck up when she is back in her own surroundings...especially with the things in place to help her.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 18:05   #60
God Member

Hells bells bernie, you must have been a bad un in a previous life, glad things are getting back on track for you at last, best wishes to you and yours. x

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..