Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2008, 18:14   #61
God Member

Re: Mum Has Fractured Her Hip

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Hells bells bernie, you must have been a bad un in a previous life, glad things are getting back on track for you at last, best wishes to you and yours. x
Must have been in a previous life defo not in this one Derek
Old 03-06-2008, 23:02   #62
God Member

Well Mum is home and seems very happy to be there. I had mentioned staying for at least a few nights but the nurses thought it wasn't a good idea as it could maybe take her confidence away. Have been there from just after nine this morning till about seven tonight making sure she is okay. She is getting carers going in four times a day and obviously my sisters and myself will be calling every day. The first carer visit was just before I left this evening and she seems very nice, so things are looking up all round.
Old 03-06-2008, 23:03   #63
God Member

That's great news Bernie!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 23:07   #64
Resting in Peace

Nothing else to say but :-

Sure all our Accywebbers wish her full recovery soon .. x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 00:29   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

looking good, pleased fer yas.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:57   #66
God Member

If you have at last turned the corner bernadette, fill the bloody lottery ticket in quick!!
Old 04-06-2008, 12:18   #67

Good to hear that things have perked up a bit for your mum.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:47   #68
Resident Waffler

Sounds like things are going to plan Bernie

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 19:19   #69
God Member

Thanks folks she is doing really well. Was just wondering if anybody has had any dealings with "Keysafe", basically it is what it says a safe outside the house where you can leave your key for carers and suchlike to gain access. Hyndburn Homes have put one outside mums flat but we have been told it is for emergency use only. The thing is if mum decides she wants one for use by the carers she has to pay for it. Lucily she is quite mobile but I'm sure there must be other people who would be glad they had the use of one. Just can't understand why they can't be used by people in the caring proffession
Old 04-06-2008, 19:27   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Thanks folks she is doing really well. Was just wondering if anybody has had any dealings with "Keysafe", basically it is what it says a safe outside the house where you can leave your key for carers and suchlike to gain access. Hyndburn Homes have put one outside mums flat but we have been told it is for emergency use only. The thing is if mum decides she wants one for use by the carers she has to pay for it. Lucily she is quite mobile but I'm sure there must be other people who would be glad they had the use of one. Just can't understand why they can't be used by people in the caring proffession
I have seen them, Hyndburn home now use them on their empty houses, so that the workers can gain access to the property.

I can't see why your mum would want one, as like you said, she is quite mobile and would be able to let the carers in.
The only thing i can see them being useful for, is for those people that are NOT mobile, so the carers can gain access to the property.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 19:33   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
I have seen them, Hyndburn home now use them on their empty houses, so that the workers can gain access to the property.

I can't see why your mum would want one, as like you said, she is quite mobile and would be able to let the carers in.
The only thing i can see them being useful for, is for those people that are NOT mobile, so the carers can gain access to the property.
It is more the early morning carer just frightened of her trying to push herself, she wouldn't be able to use it no matter what state she was in. Just seems daft having them there and folk not being able to use them. Most of them are pensioners and quite vunerable so leaving the door unlocked is not an option.
Old 04-06-2008, 19:41   #72
God Member

They have been installed in the ground floor flats below mine.
Those flats are classed as 'sheltered accommodation'.
The tenants have been told that they are there to avoid the need for breaking the door down in the event of medical emergency.
I suppose they do not want others to be able to remove the key in case it doesn't get put back.
There is nothing to prevent your mum from having an extra key cut for the carer if she wishes.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 19:55   #73
Resting In Peace

sorry about you mum bernie hope she gats well soon
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 20:24   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
They have been installed in the ground floor flats below mine.
Those flats are classed as 'sheltered accommodation'.
The tenants have been told that they are there to avoid the need for breaking the door down in the event of medical emergency.
I suppose they do not want others to be able to remove the key in case it doesn't get put back.
There is nothing to prevent your mum from having an extra key cut for the carer if she wishes.
She has got a key for the carer but you very rarely get the same one for two visits in a row. Just seems a bit senseless not being able to use a facility that is already there Anybody that is really desperate for a key safe for the carers has to stump up fifty pounds
Old 04-06-2008, 20:31   #75
Resident Waffler

It does seem a shame that she can't have the use of one, particularly for the early morning carer. Better than have her struggling.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..