Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2005, 19:54   #16
I am Banned

Re: National switch to digital television begins

Its a bit of a joke when we are payin for this n Europe isn't it???? I think caught be the gingangooes
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2005, 19:54   #17
I am Banned

Its a bit of a joke when we are payin for this n Europe isn't it???? I think we're caught by the gingangooes quite a bit!!!
Old 30-03-2005, 19:57   #18
I am Banned

Talking Re: National switch to digital television begins

Oh goodie i can book it for 2009 then pmsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
We are OK in Granada untill 2009 though so don't go getting on that plane just yet.

You can also get BBC, ITV,CH5 + a few others via a 'SKY' box without a subscription to BSkyB. YOu ring up and ask for a Free to Air card.

Ian
Old 30-03-2005, 19:59   #19
I am Banned

Ahhhh n another point is ..... what about u having multiple tv sets in the house when the analogue goes off they wont work n then u'll have to have links n boxes for them too which will cost a bomb!!!!
Old 30-03-2005, 20:13   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
We didn't pay for one for MIL. Just rang up and it came a few days later.
How long ago was that mate. They may have changed the rules. I paid £20 ish for one about 15 months ago. Things might have changed when the BBC stopped paying Sky to encrypt their channels. They now only pay to have their programmes show up on the Sky guide. Did you know you can get extra channels on a Sky box besides what Sky show you on the EPG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I'm just thinking though The European countries that are viewing these channels might have some means of paying the BBC too
No they pay nothing. Just stick up a dish and use a Digibox without card and get it for free, just like we can.

Last edited by Neil; 30-03-2005 at 20:14.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 20:19   #21
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
No they pay nothing. Just stick up a dish and use a Digibox without card and get it for free, just like we can.
Eh ??? but we pay licience fees so technically not for free does Europe pay for our channels if not they get it for free at the cost of us!!
Old 30-03-2005, 20:20   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
does Europe pay for our channels if not they get it for free at the cost of us!!
They do not pay for our channels. We pay for ours but they can get it for free.
Old 30-03-2005, 20:25   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
They do not pay for our channels. We pay for ours but they can get it for free.
err irish but thats what i said lol thats just not fair!! why dont they charge less n charge europe as well!! bloody freeloaders lol
Old 30-03-2005, 20:39   #24
Beacon of light

Well, most of the stuff on the box is so seriously rubbish........they are welcome to it in the EU
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 20:46   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Well, most of the stuff on the box is so seriously rubbish........they are welcome to it in the EU

Yeah to them in Europe it is proably new and interesting, to us it is repeat after repeat................. the BBC are the worst on terrestrial for it and we have to pay for the priveledge. If I have to sit through another Only Fools and Horses or Last Of The Summer Wine don't get me wrong the programmes were good but how many times can you laugh at the same thig!
Old 30-03-2005, 20:52   #26
Beacon of light

Oh how I agree with that sentiment.
Is there no-one out there who can write a good sit com????
Those programmes were fine in their day but they are a bit like me now......'tired and elderly'

I really can't remember the last time I watched something on TV that I really enjoyed.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 20:54   #27
I am Banned

Oh but they dont make em like they used to tho n cant come up with owt worth watching its that bad its all reality tv, tho i like watching a bit of ole Alf Garnet on uk gold that still makes me chuckle how so not PC that is pmsl

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..