Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2005, 12:17   #16
God Member

Re: Need some suggestions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
Don't leave the deodorant in the toilet - put some on his desk!
Tried that once and cause one hell of a ruckes. The air was that thick a chain saw would have been useless. The person it was amed at took it so personal you would think his family had been beaten up. Gentley gentley is a better option unless you want an uneasy few weeks.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2005, 12:54   #17
Resting in peace

Very difficult. I had this at one company, and it took straight talking to deal with the problem. Look at it this way - he may claim low self-esteem (which seems to be a useful excuse for everything from niffing to beating up old ladies), but he obviously doesn't care that he is making other people's working environment unpleasant. He has been told once, and did something about it, albeit for a short time. You may well have to bite the bullet and say "Look mate, you niff, and it is unpleasant for all of us. You must do something about it, or you may well lose your job". If he doesn't heed the warning, there's nothing more you can do except fire him.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 13:15   #18
God Member

note the original question was asked nearly 12 months ago, surely it must be sorted by now!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 16:25   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
note the original question was asked nearly 12 months ago, surely it must be sorted by now!!!
I don't know, he smelt like sweaty feet at the last AccyWeb Meeting
Old 24-11-2005, 19:58   #20
Clearly Classy.......

wow 12 months on must be rancid now!

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 13:40   #21
Junior Member+

what about a general staff memo saying that the standards of hygiene needs to be kept high so to give the best impression to customers / clients and work mates, the guilty party will know its aimed at him but you wont feel as guilty!!!
whittle1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 13:53   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittle1985
what about a general staff memo saying that the standards of hygiene needs to be kept high so to give the best impression to customers / clients and work mates, the guilty party will know its aimed at him but you wont feel as guilty!!!
Now i dont think the guilty party would think it was them they would think it was someone else we have tried that one at work we held a meeting and this subject was addressed to everyone and it didnt make the slightest bit of difference, you have to be sensitive, firm, and to the point they might not like you afterwards but hey you wernt very close to start with.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 16:58   #23
I am Banned

ok just to settle this thread

the guy who alegedly stank continued to have nasty comments made about him behind his back for a few months and then about 5-6 months ago an opportunity arose to have him moved to another GAME store which was a lot easier than actualy saying somthing to his face
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 17:20   #24
God Member

Is he still at the new store with a change in habits? Some people havnt the balls to say anything but if it is/was a medical codition then it was out with his control. An operation is available to sever the sweat gland nerves but thats a last resort.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 25-11-2005, 17:41   #25
I am Banned

well its all over now and like mentioned before this thread is 12 months old
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 21:05   #26
Resting in Peace

I was once volunteered to tell a girl at school that her prescence caused irritation to everybody's nostrils. Had a quiet talk with her at break sat around a radiator which didn't help. Did work in this case.
Not relevant I know, suppose you have to be gentle at first Pixie to try and make him understand. Perhaps you could do as we do to children, put up a day-to-day 'smellie/cleanliness' chart' at his desk and give him marks out of 10. Start maybe with 0 and every day have a sniff to see if he has improved .. 8/10 might be the best you can achieve, but if it stays at 0 for 2 weeks then get rid !
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 21:24   #27
God Member

Failing that a fire hose.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..