Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2006, 08:01   #1
Junior Member+

New Globe Centre

HI, Has anyone heard anything about a new centre being built behind the council offices? I was told it was the globe centre building it but not heard much about it!
whittle1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-01-2006, 09:04   #2
Senior Member+

Re: New Globe Centre

Not sure about that, but i do know Hyndburn Borough Council have moved their offices from Cannon Street into The Globe Center. Trying to get hold of my housing manager is impossible at the moment !
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2006, 10:04   #3
mez
God Member

have you looked at the thread "get on yer bike"....whittle mabe some answers there for you. good debate going on in there too.
Old 17-01-2006, 11:28   #4
God Member

If the council moves there into the Globe Centre is it as a publicity stunt more expensive or a bit of common sense. Then what will they do with the propety they have vacated?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2006, 15:55   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
If the council moves there into the Globe Centre is it as a publicity stunt more expensive or a bit of common sense. Then what will they do with the propety they have vacated?
Im almost sure Cannon Street Offices was on a 10 -15 year rent or something like that and their tennancy is up shortly up.
Old 17-01-2006, 16:46   #6
God Member

Is this move not also connected to the sell off of council housing stock?
Old 18-01-2006, 07:48   #7
Senior Member+

Yes, i think it is. I know Hyndburn Works Department is also moving to bigger premises up Altham. Think its the lease thats up on Cannon Street.
Old 18-01-2006, 13:35   #8
God Member

Question is "how much is the all costing council tax payers?"

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 18-01-2006, 13:44   #9
God Member

dont be silly HBC dont take us taxpayers into consideration!!

never have, never will
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2006, 14:08   #10
Senior Member+

lol @ shaker

HBC sent out a plumber to my flat on Friday. No leaks was found so he put my bath pannel back on. Woke up Saturday morning and my bathroom was flooded. The HBC plumber had only shattered my shower pipe when he put the bath pannel back on. So glad i wasnt the emergency plummer they had to call out on Saturday morning !
Old 18-01-2006, 18:30   #11
God Member

ah yes, we've had a new kitchen, they've near enough damaged everything they've put in so far, so i may as well stuck with the old one. Mind you, I think it's time I got my own place instead of renting. A council is a council, and council workers are the same country wide. We have more cowboy workers in this country than they ever did in the wild west. Does nobody esp council workers ever take pride in there work anymore.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 12:09   #12
God Member

Council workers have to take a course in how to be hashie with the work they do and how to upset people. For some having to do a bit of work is worse to them than constipation and a lot more painful.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..