Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2006, 02:26   #61

Re: New Subway store!!!!

I for one think that this is excellent news. I'm just disappointed that I don't work in Accrington centre anymore. Coming home last night from Preston, I came through Blackburn and I noticed that there is a Subway that has appeared on Preston New Road.

When I still lived in Manchester, a Subway butty was a regular part of my diet, and is something I have missed. The range is fabulous. Something for everyone.
Old 16-08-2006, 03:20   #62
God Member

It is sarah, but it is what it is. just that same as mc d's nice in moderation but no healthier really.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 05:13   #63
God Member

That subway at The Petrol station top of montague street has been there ages as well.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 06:50   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
That subway at The Petrol station top of montague street has been there ages as well.
Sorry. Never spotted it before. Good to know now however that it is.
Old 16-08-2006, 17:47   #65
Senior Member+

It's gonna struggle to compete with the "Up Market" butty van on the outside market;absolute quality food from there;continental chicken wrap a speciality which is great value and healthy too.
Old 16-08-2006, 19:56   #66
God Member

Lindsay I will take your word for that as I aint tried it but will next time I am down.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 21:59   #67
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan_brotherz

Valid point. I believe Subway have their 'fresh' rolls delivered boxed up, frozen from a depot, probably some day journey in the back of a van away. Which is then heated in the microwave to be served 'freshly' to the paying customer.
Actually I believe that yes the dough comes in frozen but is then baked fresh daily and this in no way would compensate the quality.

They will only microwave a sandwich if requested by a customer, mostly they are cold with a hot filling or the whole sandwich is toasted (which i.m.o. is much nicer)
dandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 22:55   #68

I find it funny how 'morgan_brotherz' insists on having a dig at me...... and even revealed on another post that he knows me by showing my initials and calling me.....i only know one person who 'worked' in McDonalds for 2 weeks and petty enough call me on another post.....we didn't get along...i wonder why....
Lea
x

Last edited by ploppysirploppy; 16-08-2006 at 23:00.
ploppysirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 23:10   #69

I find it funny how ploppysirploppy can call someone 'petty' for calling her on a post, when she was involved in a relitavely huge argument in a thread with a few other members a couple of weeks ago. Lottery Dream? Or is that not considered petty?
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 23:13   #70

Ive decided im going to call a truce. I cba arguing with you if were both going to be coming on this site. We wont get anywhere.

So forget it.
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 00:17   #71
God Member

Get a grip children.
It's just a buttie shop.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 01:22   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandare
Actually I believe that yes the dough comes in frozen but is then baked fresh daily and this in no way would compensate the quality.

They will only microwave a sandwich if requested by a customer, mostly they are cold with a hot filling or the whole sandwich is toasted (which i.m.o. is much nicer)
If its frozen quality has to be less than if it were freshly made, which its not.
Freshly defrosted part baked dough which is then freshly finished off baking in store does not constitute fresh in my opinion. It's all word play by these stores, not that it's going to kill you, but baked fresh just means that, it's been finished off in the oven god knows how many days after it was originally prepared and started to be baked.
It's like me putting a can of heinz soup on the stove and saying it's freshly cooked.
Old 17-08-2006, 01:24   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploppysirploppy
I find it funny how 'morgan_brotherz' insists on having a dig at me...... and even revealed on another post that he knows me by showing my initials and calling me.....i only know one person who 'worked' in McDonalds for 2 weeks and petty enough call me on another post.....we didn't get along...i wonder why....
Lea
x
Are you ex's
Old 17-08-2006, 01:55   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploppysirploppy
Lea
x
If that ain't proof that McDonalds just ain't any good for ya, I don't know what is
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 09:42   #75
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I tend to avoid all of these fast food places like the plague and doubt that I'll ever visit the local Subway. McDonalds is dire... My sister worked in one for several years whilst she was at Uni and became quite senior for a part timer. Some of the stories she used to tell about McD's would not surprise you.....yes they were clean, but that's about all. KFC is horrible and greasy and the last time I had a Sub (in New Zealand) it was fairly tasteless.

We have loads of independant local bakeries and butty shops, many of which do use fresh ingredients, bake their own breads, pies etc. In my opinion these places are far superior to the fast food chains both in quality and taste. The only problem with the chains is that they tend to advertise 'fresh' ingredients. Anyone with a couple of brain cells knows that there is a difference between fresh (made from scratch on the day) and fresh frozen (made a couple of weeks ago and heated or baked when required). The 'fresh' referred to by the chains is generally 'fresh frozen.' This also applies to pub chains eg Brewers Fayre where all of the meals are delivered frozen to the pubs then microwaved as they're ordered.

Give me a tasty independant establishment anyday.... they win hands down in my opinion. I love and appreciate good food and find it difficult to believe that millions of supposedly sensible people have been conned into thinking that fast food chains are actually good..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..