Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 08:40   #91
Resting in Peace

Re: NHS reforms..a mess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't quite know how you come to the conclusion that the majority of Accyweb agree with the government. Maybe it is what you like to believe, but just because you believe it, it doesn't make it true.
I don't think that most of Accyweb agree with the government, its a case that they probable don't agree with Mancie and C'mon, who think the ills of this country only started on the 6th May 2010 , its was a basket case long before then
Old 01-02-2012, 09:08   #92
God Member

I occurs to me that the 'majority of Accy webbers don't agree with either the Government or the opposition. About the only thing they are agreed on is that there is something seriously and sadly wrong with the NHS. There has been for a very long time. And that it is about time that something was done to remedy the situation, for the benefit of all, rather than having politicians continually use the issue as some sort of political football.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:21   #93
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
I occurs to me that the 'majority of Accy webbers don't agree with either the Government or the opposition. About the only thing they are agreed on is that there is something seriously and sadly wrong with the NHS. There has been for a very long time. And that it is about time that something was done to remedy the situation, for the benefit of all, rather than having politicians continually use the issue as some sort of political football.
Totally agree Bob, its time that the NHS was taken out of the political area altogether, the only people making the decisions within the NHS are people with clinical knowledge. At the moment we can have a situation where we have somebody selling baked beans to supermarkets one day then the next taking a management job in the NHS.

Some time ago I was talking to my oxygen engineer and he mentioned that he had been to a meeting the previous day to meet the new NHS area coordinator of home oxygen service. After the meeting he was chatting to this lady and he asked her where she had been previously within the NHS, it appears her previous employment was a rep for an wholesale grocers, seems about right does that
Old 01-02-2012, 09:33   #94
God Member

And if she was the only one, it would give sufficient cause for concern. But, alas, she isn't. I wonder why she moved out of wholesaling. Too demanding? Not enough of a pension? Difficult to strike the right work/life balance?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:35   #95
God Member

And before anyone starts to accuse me of being unfair to NHS beurocrats, let me just say that as far as I am concerned these people are spending and claiming money that I have to work bloody hard to provide. I think it is about time that the majority of them started to justify their positions.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:42   #96
Resting in Peace

Quote:
And before anyone starts to accuse me of being unfair to NHS beurocrats, let me just say that as far as I am concerned these people are spending and claiming money that I have to work bloody hard to provide. I think it is about time that the majority of them started to justify their positions.
My thought entirely Bob, I've said before on here that the last time I was an inpatient on a ward, I devised a new game to help keep the boredom at bay, its called spot the clipboard, I got up to about 25 one day, its horrendous, but the more worrying thing is that a lot of these paper shufflers are earning more money than nurses, which is a crime in itself, you can get by without a clipboard carrier but nurses are irreplaceable
Old 01-02-2012, 10:14   #97
God Member

And, what is more, I think that process of justifying their existance and the money spent on them should be applied not just in the NHS but across the whole of the civil service.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:16   #98
Beacon of light

Quote:
I think you have it spot on with your assessment.....but Mancie sees it a different way if you are against Labour then you must be a tory....after all what other option is there?

No recent governments have had the cojones to tackle the things that need fixing in the NHS. All that the political parties have done, is issue sound bites(Google Page Ranking stuff....and Google Page Ranking in nursing means per rectum - how right that has been) and targets and tinkered around the edges of the NHS.
In some situations this has not only not helped, it has actually hindered progress.
The changes have demoralised front line staff, caused patients to lose confidence in what is happening, alienating them from the people who are there to help them.

I agree wholeheartedly that we should never ever let politicians meddle with how the NHS is run. They can't run the country, so why should we think they could do better with the NHS?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:24   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think you have it spot on with your assessment.....but Mancie sees it a different way if you are against Labour then you must be a tory....after all what other option is there?
Yes, well, he wanders around with a picture of Morrisy on the front of his underpants, so there is absolutely no hope there, luv.

I am calling everyone 'Luv' today, as a form of protest: see thread 'Terms of endearment'. I strongly urge other members to do the same.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:30   #100
Beacon of light

I really don't mind what you call me....just don't call me late for my tea.
I have just read that thread, although I didn't see the item on TV.....not an avid TV fan. I think this woman needs something to complain about...BOB....that's batty old bird.
She would have had something to complain about if he had called her thunderthighs, or slutchygob, araminta slapcabbage or any number of names.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:32   #101
Beacon of light

My father used to call me 'lizzie limejuice' as a term of endearment.......he thought it was funny because it made me mad......nowadays, who gives a flying fig?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:37   #102
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
It seems the "majority" of Accyweb agree with the government.
i think it is wonderful that you can come on and tell us what we all think and agree with, it should save us many hours of composing and posting opinions ourselves.

Acidicburp, (term of endearment), is having a luv in today, I think I may start all my posts with the above quote then I won't have to think too hard about whatever I type next, a bit like you really Manky, (term of endearment).

Big smiley face inserted here to prove I'm not having a go at you.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:52   #103
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Totally agree Bob, its time that the NHS was taken out of the political area altogether, the only people making the decisions within the NHS are people with clinical knowledge. At the moment we can have a situation where we have somebody selling baked beans to supermarkets one day then the next taking a management job in the NHS.

Some time ago I was talking to my oxygen engineer and he mentioned that he had been to a meeting the previous day to meet the new NHS area coordinator of home oxygen service. After the meeting he was chatting to this lady and he asked her where she had been previously within the NHS, it appears her previous employment was a rep for an wholesale grocers, seems about right does that
Spot on Jay, luv

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 00:28   #104
God Member

BBC News - Hospitals 'struggling with NHS mortgage repayments'
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 00:48   #105
God Member

Sorry for the lazy post but ran out of time...and time is running out for the NHS (yes as we know it)..despite the propaganda, it was the John Major government that introduced PFI.. labour did increase the involvement of the private sector but is that an excuse for the present government to press ahead with even more private involvement?..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..