Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 18:38   #1
Resting in Peace

Night Owl/Morning Owl ?

Why, oh why, do I have to 'drag' my weary body out of bed every morning .. repeater alarm screaming at me every 8 seconds. This has been going on for the past 35 years. Supposed to feel refreshed after a decent's night sleep, 'aint ya' ? Come the weekends, always the last to get kicked out of anywhere.
My once newsagent told me as soon as his feet hit the ground he was awake ... bows with admiration. Any advice suggestions gratefully received on how to achieve this status.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-11-2005, 19:05   #2
God Member

Re: Night Owl/Morning Owl ?

I get up at ~5:15 each morning. I'm the same as teh newsagent, up and at 'em. As long as you don't try burning it at both ends your body should adjust quite easily. ( e.g. I go to bed ~10 - 10:30). Try thinking positively about getting up rather than it being teh last thing you want to do. Have an idea of what you need to do when you are up(make lunches/brews/feed teh cat etc) so that you already have a set of tasks lined up.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 19:05   #3
Member.

I’ll pick up at 7.30 am on Sunday morning for a nice stole up a little mountain in the lakes; you’ll never feel the same about dragging yourself out of bed.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 19:18   #4
Resting in Peace

All good advice .. thank you, however, haven't much choice of what I have to do when I get up .. have shower, make-up, hair dry, etc., get to work on time, and when I have grandaughter, well that has to be regimentated, but all done through this sort of haze.
Don't burn candle at both ends either ('cept this site is keeping me up at moment !! )
Think I will try to think more positive more like ... I am NOT going to feel like cotton wood swelling up in my head when alarm goes off at six in the morning .. what ya' think ?,
Old 08-11-2005, 19:28   #5
Member.

Have you though of seeing the nice man in the big white coat?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 08-11-2005, 19:38   #6
Resting in Peace

Oh Gawd, not the Butcher again..doesn't do owt for me .. looks like Fred Elliot.
Old 08-11-2005, 20:44   #7
God Member

Should try getting a sleeping pattern when on a three shift pattern especially if on holiday.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 21:46   #8
God Member

Nice strong cup of tea wakes me up, then that busy in the mornings I come round pretty quickly.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 21:51   #9
Resident Waffler

I can feel tired late afternoon and then suddenly come awake again in the evenings. Any solution to that one? When I'm feeling wide awake I don't want to go to bed even if I have to be up at 6:30 am.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 22:22   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I can feel tired late afternoon and then suddenly come awake again in the evenings. Any solution to that one? When I'm feeling wide awake I don't want to go to bed even if I have to be up at 6:30 am.
Whoah thats me to a tee aswell!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 22:32   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I’ll pick up at 7.30 am on Sunday morning for a nice stole up a little mountain in the lakes
If you are going to take Kate's stole to the Lakes for an airing, could you also pick up my beaver wrap, as it smells a little musty, and could do with freshening up.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 22:39   #12
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
If you are going to take Kate's stole to the Lakes for an airing, could you also pick up my beaver wrap, as it smells a little musty, and could do with freshening up.
You can get your fat little beaver on a lead and come an all. You’re looking a bit chubby these days. Don’t worry about the high mountain passes, I’m man enough not to be afraid to hold you hand and lead you along a safe bit. If you get tired I’ll even carry your beaver….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 08-11-2005, 22:47   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
You can get your fat little beaver on a lead and come an all. You’re looking a bit chubby these days. Don’t worry about the high mountain passes, I’m man enough not to be afraid to hold you hand and lead you along a safe bit. If you get tired I’ll even carry your beaver….
My beaver died in 1932, and has little glass eyes.

Could still do with an airing though.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 22:52   #14
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
My beaver died in 1932, and has little glass eyes.

Could still do with an airing though.
Good you can drag it behind you, its only six miles or so over 3 or 4 little peaks, you'll like that......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 08-11-2005, 23:19   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

am crap at coming round in the morning,was better when i could drink. lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..