Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2005, 05:38   #16
God Member

Re: Night Owl/Morning Owl ?

Willow/Red
Your problem is likely to do with the type of food you are having for lunch. Anything high in fast carbs will have this effect as it raises your blood sugar which your body has to deal with. This in turn makes you tired. When your body has restored its balance you feel OK again. Whilst a lot of people were brainwashed the Atkins diet was bad the science behind it is well proven. Even without going the whole hog of doing that diet if you get chance to read the book it will help explain what effect different types of foods have on your metabolism. There is also the GI diet which is sort of like the atkins only it allows some slow acting carbs as well.

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-11-2005, 07:24   #17

I get up early 5 mornings a week 6.15am ish, to make Phil his butties and breakfast while he's getting ready for work. I always mean to go back to bed when he's left, but it very rarely happens. I haven't worked for a month now, so I like to have a couple of hours snooze in the afternoon, but I'm always ready for going to bed by about 9.30-10.00pm.

I start work again next week, how am I gonna cope with working 9 hour days?
Old 09-11-2005, 08:55   #18
God Member

The same as the rest of us
Old 09-11-2005, 09:23   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
The same as the rest of us
Cheers for the support.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:33   #20
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Willow/Red
Your problem is likely to do with the type of food you are having for lunch.

nah I'm just weird. It's the same difference even if I have no lunch at all.

Mind you, Busman always reckons he falls asleep after eating which is why he doesn't eat when he's working.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 10:48   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah
Cheers for the support.
Your quite welcome!
Old 09-11-2005, 11:03   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah
I get up early 5 mornings a week 6.15am ish, to make Phil his butties and breakfast while he's getting ready for work. I always mean to go back to bed when he's left, but it very rarely happens. I haven't worked for a month now, so I like to have a couple of hours snooze in the afternoon, but I'm always ready for going to bed by about 9.30-10.00pm.

I start work again next week, how am I gonna cope with working 9 hour days?
Wont take you long to get back into the swing of it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:37   #23
God Member

Most lunches I have are salads as I am trying to avoid bread. I think I have just got into a bad habit of going to bed too late and my body has adjusted to it. Have never ever been a morning person even during the times of going to bed at a respectable hour! But I would love to be a person who gets up with no effort 1st thing in the morning but I fear it will never happen.....

Of course until I am really old and have no need to get up early then you can guarantee I will probably be getting up at 6am every morning!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:54   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Of course until I am really old and have no need to get up early then you can guarantee I will probably be getting up at 6am every morning!!!!!
Age hasnt anything to do with it you are still young. Me I hate the daytime but at night I am fully complesmentass compared to daytime. It takes me until lunch time to come to my senses.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-11-2005, 12:58   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Age hasnt anything to do with it you are still young. Me I hate the daytime but at night I am fully complesmentass compared to daytime. It takes me until lunch time to come to my senses.
its alright for you! but i have no sense to come to.
Old 09-11-2005, 13:04   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
its alright for you! but i have no sense to come to.
I feel and look about 80 at 6am and as for sense not sure I have much of that either.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-11-2005, 17:55   #27
Resting in Peace

Thank you for all the amusing answers .. being positive didn't work though, felt worse, but coming around now. Don't do carbs. much so that out ... like to keep slim.
Daft thing was, tried to get grandaughter up this a.m... Enter bedroom at 6.30 after shower, have breakfast, bottom of stairs 6.45 to remind her, she comes down 6.55, eyelids on her chin, and claims I have got her up too early !! (Always have this routine you understand), says usually 7 when she arrives in kitchen and announces going back to bed for 5 mins !!!! And did !! Have to start again. Not just me then.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 21:03   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Thank you for all the amusing answers .. being positive didn't work though, felt worse, but coming around now. Don't do carbs. much so that out ... like to keep slim.
Daft thing was, tried to get grandaughter up this a.m... Enter bedroom at 6.30 after shower, have breakfast, bottom of stairs 6.45 to remind her, she comes down 6.55, eyelids on her chin, and claims I have got her up too early !! (Always have this routine you understand), says usually 7 when she arrives in kitchen and announces going back to bed for 5 mins !!!! And did !! Have to start again. Not just me then.
Must run in the family.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-11-2005, 21:04   #29
Accy Goddess

I have never been a morning person.
I hate going to bed early.
If I do I just end up tossing and turning and have a dreadfull nights sleep.
I have tried all sorts,but nothing seems to work.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 21:24   #30
Give, give, give member

I never go to bed before 2am, otherwise I too would be tossing and turning all night.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..