Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2009, 18:57   #31
God Member

Re: Nobel peace prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I doubt it .... this is an offer you can't refuse.
unless the mafia hand out nobel peace prizes i dont see why not

perhaps the media missheard and its actually a knob prize hes been awarded for coming up with teh yes we can motto when it turns out that actually he cant

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2009, 19:08   #32
God Member

He will have to be pretty barefaced to start another war after this award - maybe that's why they gave it to him - as a deterrant

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 20:56   #33
Senior Member+

Might aswell have given Brown one
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 03:29   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Might aswell have given Brown one
well if obama can get one for being brown why not gordon for also being brown ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 09:16   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
well if obama can get one for being brown why not gordon for also being brown ?
No accyman he's just a Brown noser
Old 16-10-2009, 15:06   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
In a way, I feel sorry for the poor guy ... he was the best choice for President; he is intelligent and quite probably sincere. However, he is still part of the American political system, and to have all these expectations dumped on him is not really fair. He's stuck with two wars neither of which are his fault, an economy in crisis, and a many of his countrymen still hate niggers and would relish seeing him swinging from a tree. He didn't ask for this award .... and, quite possibly, wishes it had gone to someone else.

Neither party had a "best" choice candidate last year.

Those who oppose him based upon the color of his skin are a fringe minority indeed. In fact, the word racism is so overused today that it has lost virtually all meaning. In a recent interview, the president was asked about this - although in rather more delicate terms than those you have expressed. His answer, "I was black before the election." In short, he could not have become president without a majority white vote.

It seems perfectly logical to me that President Obama should have been awarded the Nobel since his philosophy is shared by those guys in Oslo and the use of the Peace Prize as a political weapon against the U.S. is not new. Sixty percent of Europeans surveyed last year said they wanted a United States that was weaker both economically and militarily. They should rejoice. Mr. O is just the man for the job.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 22:22   #37
God Member

Last edited by MargaretR; 20-10-2009 at 22:30. Reason: thought better of it
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 01:38   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Yup ... I'd go along with that.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 02:19   #39
God Member

I'm not alone in thinking as many of my friends who voted for him (I didn't) are now getting a bit 'cheesed off' by his quote...." I was a black man before I was President" ......No, Mr President , you are bi-racial , half white, half black , raised in a white household , by a white Mother , and white Grandparents . People who voted for him would never in a million years think of voting for the likes of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton (African Americans )
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 18:29   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
I'm not alone in thinking as many of my friends who voted for him (I didn't) are now getting a bit 'cheesed off' by his quote...." I was a black man before I was President" ......No, Mr President , you are bi-racial , half white, half black , raised in a white household , by a white Mother , and white Grandparents . People who voted for him would never in a million years think of voting for the likes of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton (African Americans )
Pity Bill Cosby didn't go into politics.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 17:18   #41

Quote:
I'm not alone in thinking as many of my friends who voted for him (I didn't) are now getting a bit 'cheesed off' by his quote...." I was a black man before I was President")

I hope that's not the only thing they are "cheesed off" about. I told you last year that this guy had Marxist leanings. Convinced yet?
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 17:24   #42
Give, give, give member

Quote:
He's black?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..