Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2008, 15:13   #1

NON disabled drivers at Asda

On Thursday last I took ma -in-law for our weekly foray into Asda Accy.

As she is disabled, I aim to park in a disabled bay, (providing she remembers the blue badge!) and after a couple of circuits of the car park we eventually find one.
When we return to the car, as we finish loading the bags, a young man screeches into a space a couple of cars away, he leaps out and legs it into the store. Haha methinks, he did not appear to be very disabled, and on closer inspection of his car, what was not there? Damn right - a blue badge. (No valid tax disc either, but that's another story).
So, Ma-in-law insists we go back and complain, as when she forgets the badge we park in an ordinary bay. We then counted 8 other cars in the bays not displaying the badge.
Customer services told us that there was nothing they could do except ask the drivers to move their cars. Now I don't know if the drivers/passengers of these cars are disabled or not, but I thought the criteria for using the disabled bays was that you have to DISPLAY a badge.
Anyway, we were told that from February parking attendants will be patrolling the car park and issuing tickets to those who are parking without badges.
So to all the disabled parking bay pirates - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-01-2008, 15:19   #2
God Member

Re: NON disabled drivers at Asda

its just the norm here in accy.there is no one to implement these laws as each legislation gets passed in parliament our council does nothing..the accy police does nothing. so really our parliament is a waste of space until it is law for the powers to be prosecuted for not implementing the legislation
Old 06-01-2008, 16:15   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly baby View Post
So to all the disabled parking bay pirates - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
If it bothers you so much why have you warned everyone about it
Old 06-01-2008, 19:24   #4

people just dont respect the need of others.i have had the same thing when i used to take my mother to asda shopping all the disabled spaces full and no blue badges in sight.wot to asda do about it NOTHING! so why have disabled sapces?????????????
lancscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 19:28   #5

Adsa dont do parking attendants and dont think they have the power to do anything anyway. Until it becomes strong and this country becomes strong on law breakers of any level people will not respect it.
Old 06-01-2008, 20:50   #6
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
its just the norm here in accy.there is no one to implement these laws as each legislation gets passed in parliament our council does nothing..the accy police does nothing. so really our parliament is a waste of space until it is law for the powers to be prosecuted for not implementing the legislation
I'm not sure it's a police matter on a private car park but it is pure ignorance when people who don't need a disabled space prevent those who do from using one. There have been times when we've left a car park because the only remaining free spaces were the disabled ones. We wouldn't assume a right to use one.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 21:25   #7
God Member

see it just justifies what i say you can make rules but it counts for nothing if nobody is there to inforce it..
Old 06-01-2008, 21:32   #8

Whether the parking issue can be enforced is a matter for the law. Those that pay no heed to disabled parking only notices are just showing a blatant disregard for the needs of others.
Old 06-01-2008, 21:36   #9
God Member

Perhaps there could be a system where those who abuse it are actually made disabled and see what its like.
Old 06-01-2008, 21:43   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Perhaps there could be a system where those who abuse it are actually made disabled and see what its like.
Wouldn’t wish a disability on anyone mate , but some folk need to grow up and be a tad more empathetic towards the needs of others in general. Your idea would make a heck of a lot of folk have a rethink on how they behave.
Old 06-01-2008, 21:46   #11
Resident Waffler

Perhaps they could be required to act as chauffeur to a disabled person for a while. That might get through to them.

Old 06-01-2008, 22:25   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Asda should employ people to clamp them and charge for unclamping.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:43   #13
Resident Waffler

Well they are going to employ car park attendants to check on who is parking in those disabled spaces so it may come to that.

Old 07-01-2008, 18:37   #14
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

some of these replys have been deleted
Old 07-01-2008, 18:52   #15
God Member

Some people who WOULD qualify for a disabled driver badge prefer a disabled bus pass instead (me). I am not allowed both, but on the very rare occasions I visit Asda I still abide by the rules -- just choose a time to visit when I am in with a chance of getting near the entrance in an ordinary space.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..