Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2007, 21:57   #16

Re: Now it's hug a druggie!

Why would you want to know this?
Remedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2007, 22:02   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedi View Post
Why would you want to know this?

I was curious about the fact you employ 35 staff, I assume it's a big charity. I also want to make sure that as you deem everyone who asks questions about the legitimacy of immigration a racist I want to make sure I never contribute to your charity, although I suspect as a taxpayer I already do !!
Old 02-05-2007, 22:06   #18
Senior Member+

If someone gets hooked on prescribed drugs they have my sympathy,but for the majority with heroin,crack etc etc its self inflicted and I'm sorry if this upsets some people but who is to blame for that certainly not me!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 22:19   #19
I am Banned

I wonder what that entails offenders & victims of what ???
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 22:28   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

glad you love the term doogooder remedi, well how about doing something for the VICTIMS of these people(a term you dont seem to like) cos from where i,m standing there is far more victims than addicts, ie. people who are afraid in there own homes, families and people who have lost or nearly lost everything etc etc,lets be really radical and care about the VICTIMS.
Old 02-05-2007, 22:30   #21
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
glad you love the term doogooder remedi, well how about doing something for the VICTIMS of these people(a term you dont seem to like) cos from where i,m standing there is far more victims than addicts, ie. people who are afraid in there own homes, families and people who have lost or nearly lost everything etc etc,lets be really radical and care about the VICTIMS.
Here Here Cashy!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 22:36   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I was curious about the fact you employ 35 staff, I assume it's a big charity. I also want to make sure that as you deem everyone who asks questions about the legitimacy of immigration a racist I want to make sure I never contribute to your charity, although I suspect as a taxpayer I already do !!
Firstly- as a taxpayer no you dont

Secondly- Get your facts right I have not claimed anyone with questions or concerns about immigration are racist- just the racist ones
Old 02-05-2007, 22:40   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I particularly like your use of the term 'these people'- what do you mean, British citizens? or has the fact that they have problems make them lesser beings than your good self. -------------------as for that comment my arrogant friend,i have always lived by the maxim- I am better than NOBODY, NOBODY is better than me. and no i do not mean british citizens, it matters not to me 1 jot what anyone is racially, what DOES matter to me is decent people of any nationality or religion.
Old 02-05-2007, 22:40   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:

Secondly- Get your facts right I have not claimed anyone with questions or concerns about immigration are racist- just the racist ones
At the minuite IMO I think quite alot of people have concerns to do with immigration but NO-ONE has made a racist comment I think you have NIT PICKED on a statement out of question.Its YOU that has the PROBLEM.
Old 02-05-2007, 22:42   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

If you bother to read the threads you might realise that working with victims is what I do every day of my working life. I work directly with the victims of crime and the offenders responsible for making them victims. These offences range from property theft to murder cases. As a result I feel I am qualified to speak with some authority on the subject. I am at a loss to understand your rant- if you actually had first hand experience of working in the criminal justice arena directly with victims and with offenders you might have a better understanding of the issues involved- not simply what you think you know. Dont patronise victims of crime.
Old 02-05-2007, 22:43   #26
I am Banned

Trouble is certain do-gooders jump on the fact people have discussed their opinions on immigration - not on any fact of racism me thinks tho dost protest too much

Also i think you ought to look up racism in a dictionary
Old 02-05-2007, 22:45   #27
God Member

Quote:
So it's a secret then ?
Old 02-05-2007, 22:45   #28
I am Banned

Quote:
If you bother to read the threads you might realise that working with victims is what I do every day of my working life. I work directly with the victims of crime and the offenders responsible for making them victims. These offences range from property theft to murder cases. As a result I feel I am qualified to speak with some authority on the subject. I am at a loss to understand your rant- if you actually had first hand experience of working in the criminal justice arena directly with victims and with offenders you might have a better understanding of the issues involved- not simply what you think you know. Dont patronise victims of crime.
Thanks you just have & yes you are speaking to one of many that have been screwed thro the criminal justice system offenders get off lightly IMHO!!
Old 02-05-2007, 22:49   #29

Actually I think two threads are being cross referenced here- this one and the one titled 'Beggars'.

Forgive me Accymel but the moment I take literacy advice from someone who advocates Jeremy Kyle and Trisha as a source for broadening understanding the I truly am lost.

I suggest you consider some of the postings on beggars- nothing racist there? Me thinks I dont protest enough!
Old 02-05-2007, 22:53   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Thanks you just have & yes you are speaking to one of many that have been screwed thro the criminal justice system offenders get off lightly IMHO!!
1. I just have what?

2. Offenders get off lightly- bit of a genearlisation dont you think?

But if you do firmly hold this belief- and of course you are completely entitled to- respect for that. I assume that you have been actively involved in trying to change the situation. Petition to Home office perhaps? becoming a magistrate? campaigning locally to challenge magistrate and crown court judgements through the local press?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..