Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2006, 15:22   #1
I am Banned

Oh bar humbug

Not too far from the dreaded C word & still havent got pressies yet - me last minute, dreading the cost all for just one day & now my daughter is taunting me with xmas songs!!!! Great for the little ones but oh i feel so humbug

What makes u humbug??
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-12-2006, 15:25   #2
God Member

Re: Oh bar humbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
i feel so humbug
I'm sorry, my christmas spirit rub off on you? I bet you wish you'd never popped round to old grumpy guts now lol!
Old 04-12-2006, 15:29   #3
I am Banned

Why do people act nice to people they dont like or dont even know because of the time of year? I went to a christmas dinner last year and the waiter stood by the table and directly at the side of me after giving out the menu's. After about 5 minutes ended up tell him to fook off and leave us the look at the menu's but got shi7 of people for doing it and what did they say? Oh dont be so mean its christmas. I dont give a shi7 if its his birthday.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 15:30   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
I'm sorry, my christmas spirit rub off on you? I bet you wish you'd never popped round to old grumpy guts now lol!

Naaaa xmas spirit wasn't in me anyway it comes too darn quick doesn't seem long ago since it was last xmas - i think age has creeped in LOL
Old 04-12-2006, 15:40   #5
God Member

Well, like we were saying this afternoon, for me it's that the kids have got older. The magic has gone from when they were tiny tots, with the wide eyes on Christmas morning at the beautiful coloured paper that hid their new little toys, that they would spend hours playing with.

Now, it's just wants! I want a Playstation, I want a mobile phone, I want money instead of presents.

Me, I want to have a couple of tots to hang round with at Christmas
Old 04-12-2006, 16:03   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
I'm sure Mthead could oblige

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 16:05   #7
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermain View Post
Why do people act nice to people they dont like or dont even know because of the time of year? I went to a christmas dinner last year and the waiter stood by the table and directly at the side of me after giving out the menu's. After about 5 minutes ended up tell him to fook off and leave us the look at the menu's but got shi7 of people for doing it and what did they say? Oh dont be so mean its christmas. I dont give a shi7 if its his birthday.

I don't like waiters hovering over me either but whatever time of year it was I would have simply asked politely if we could have a little time to study the menu. Just because someone irritates you there is absolutely no need to be offensive. He had probably been instructed by his boss to be attentive and not leave people waiting too long to order their food.

Once we were having a family meal in a pub, there were about 12 of us there around a large table. As usual someone came during the meal to ask if everything was OK. The first time wasn't so bad, but then another waiter came and asked the same thing - then another one, and another one. It got beyond a joke. They were probably all doing what they'd been told to do. We made a joke of it and decided to take it in turns to reply but Busman did say that 'everything' would be a lot better if we could just be left in peace to enjoy our meal.

Nobody swore at anybody - it wasn't necessary.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 16:10   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I'm sure Mthead could oblige

LOL! I know he would but it's not an option
Old 04-12-2006, 16:16   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Well, like we were saying this afternoon, for me it's that the kids have got older. The magic has gone from when they were tiny tots, with the wide eyes on Christmas morning at the beautiful coloured paper that hid their new little toys, that they would spend hours playing with.

Now, it's just wants! I want a Playstation, I want a mobile phone, I want money instead of presents.

Yeh they are much easier to please than older ones - now with everything so expensive these days
Old 04-12-2006, 16:28   #10
God Member

Quote:
Yeh they are much easier to please than older ones
I know and that's the problem with yerselfs idea ...... a kiddy is for life not just for Christmas. Wonder if there's any websites that rent tots out
Old 04-12-2006, 16:32   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
I know and that's the problem with yerselfs idea ...... a kiddy is for life not just for Christmas. Wonder if there's any websites that rent tots out
No better still - no kids xmas in the pub
Old 04-12-2006, 16:38   #12
God Member

Now there's a plan ........
Old 04-12-2006, 16:47   #13

i can arrainge for u to have my lot to hang round at urs xmas morning but ull have a lot of tiding to do lol
carl hurles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 16:56   #14
God Member

LOL! I'm used to it My place is always in chaos
Old 04-12-2006, 17:03   #15
Member.

Quote:
Not too far from the dreaded C word & still havent got pressies yet - me last minute, dreading the cost all for just one day & now my daughter is taunting me with xmas songs!!!! Great for the little ones but oh i feel so humbug

What makes u humbug??
You misrable ***, you should be singing alone with her, bless her little socks..........

wait till no one's looking and give her a good slap........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..