Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2005, 00:18   #31
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: On Behalf of Gayle Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Neil my friend it certainly was not aimed at you and I also hope she starts her own thread.
I was getting paranoid for a minute then. Shh, whats thats behind me?
Old 28-03-2005, 00:27   #32
Member.

The problem I have willow is that people are not really asking questions in this thread. Those that have ask questions are likely to lose out because of the back ground chatter, the all point of taking it on ones self to move the thread as been lost. You have a number of fine and responsible questions being asked and then a load of chit chat clogging up the thread. That all I was asking that people leave this thread for questions for Gayle. Is that not what Busman intended? If so why deduct points for making a genuine point. If this woman decides not to participate because some can’t leave it for people to ask there questions then its those people who are doing Accrington and its people the disfavour

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 00:31   #33
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Maybe it would be better if she held an online discussion in AccyChat
Old 28-03-2005, 00:34   #34
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Well this was better than risk having her post removed for being out of context and not being read by everyone wasn't it? She simply posted in the wrong place and left the forum before anyone could ask her to post in here. Not being a moderator, and not wanting her to lose the opportunity she'd asked for, Busman started this thread on her behalf with the best of intentions.
I'm very sure that the Moderators of this site know what their doing and I'm sure that they would have put Miss Knight on the right track....Maybe a report to them would have highlighted Miss Knight error. That’s there job is it not….

Just to beat this doggy a little further. I was not criticising Busman or his motives. What I was doing was asking that once done a little self control should have been exhibited and people should be given room to ask questions. If you want to debate we have more than enough threads to do it on…

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 28-03-2005 at 01:05.
Old 28-03-2005, 00:35   #35
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Maybe it would be better if she held an online discussion in AccyChat
bl**dy hell Neil, now that I want to see........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 28-03-2005, 00:40   #36
Resident Waffler

Well she wanted to come back on Monday and answer any points posted in her thread. That was the way she chose to do it. Apart from a little wander by someone defending her in another context I thought most of the thread was panopticon orientated. Hopefully she'll be able to fish out and respond to the relevant bits.

In a way it's better having the replies posted in a thread rather than in a chat room and only seen by those able to be there at the time. If she posts here than we can all come back and read it later (like me who will be off on hols and unable to read what she says until I get back) It's better to read her own words than just have a report of what she said by someone else who was in the chatroom at this time.

This way there's no risk of her being misquoted.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 00:40   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

probably not one of my better ideas. Might get a bit mad. If things got out of hand she could always leave.
Old 28-03-2005, 01:30   #38

As an ex-inhabitant of the area may I be permitted a question? Is there an opt-out clause or is the Panopticon a fait acompli apart from finalising the design?
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 01:32   #39
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Good question. It looks like it is going to happen no matter what. Just a case of the council doing what they want and ignoring us voters like usual.
Old 28-03-2005, 08:34   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Has everyone seen this on the Panopticon website?
Looks like a ready made scramble track for the bikers

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 09:01   #41
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I am not a biker but it looks that good I might start. I think it would be ruined by bikes. The police would do nothing to stop it either.
Old 28-03-2005, 09:15   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
I am not a biker but it looks that good I might start. I think it would be ruined by bikes. The police would do nothing to stop it either.
Seems to be the in thing, and they are not teens, "grown" up people. Just visit Horton in Ribblesdale, and walk up on to the fells......paths have been ruined by these idiots, even the quad bikes are on there. So I am sure that if this thing goes ahead in that form,these guys will make use of it. I had some pics of the damaged caused to paths up there, but can't find them at the moment, if I do will post them on here.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 09:46   #43

I do not think the idea of your giant ripple that could only be seen by helicopter, or your steak pudding mounds mean anything to Accrington. I would of thought if you had done something of rememberance for the Accrington pals on coppice there would not be any dispute.

We will remember them.
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2005, 10:18   #44
g78

Well flame me down for saying this if you like, but I for one am all for having some form of artwork on the coppice. I am not saying it necessarliy has to be one of the designs so far put forward, but something up there to show that accrington is indeed a town trying to move forward and progress is definitely a good thing. This artwork should represent the here and now. Come on people lets get progressive ???
Old 28-03-2005, 10:47   #45

I too am in favour of the project, but could we please just have questions for Gayle on this thread and please let's try not to answer them ourselves with more misapprehensions. The whole point of this is that she knows what she's talking about and we don't necessarily.
PurpleLass is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..