Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2009, 20:57   #1
Senior Member+

on the subject of lying...

did anyone read in the paper about the woman caught out claiming benefits and working? she took her kids to her interview and was asked if she had a job and she said no but her little ones (4 and 6 i think) said "yes you do mummy"

oooops

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2009, 21:29   #2
Caz
God Member

Re: on the subject of lying...

Haha, have you got a link to that Emma?

Reminds me of my long ago ex...when the police tried to pin something on him. Kids dropped him in it big style!!!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 21:32   #3
Senior Member+

sorry, read in a paper in a cafe yesterday, not sure which

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 19-03-2009, 21:33   #4
God Member

Ha! Well, they would drop her in it, wouldn't they?

Kids that age just tell it how it is and she was a fool to expect anything else.

Mind you, she must be a fool to claim benefits whilst working.

Silly woman.
Old 19-03-2009, 22:18   #5
Resting in Peace

That reminds me of the old gag, Hello Mrs Jackson, can I have a look at your other face please, my mum says your two faced
Old 20-03-2009, 09:35   #6
Resting in Peace

A mate of mine who was a VAT inspector dropped his mate off to check someones books.When he returned to pick him back up he jokingly said right now show him the real ones.

The mans wife said "He must mean the ones under the bed"
Oh dear!!!

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 10:34   #7
God Member

i know quite a few people on accyweb who claim benefits and work cash in hand at the same time

pot and kettle and all that
Old 20-03-2009, 10:39   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i know quite a few people on accyweb who claim benefits and work cash in hand at the same time

you are allowed to do a certain amount before you declare it, you can earn £20 i think it is. I did an hour or so of cleaning here and there for a while before i was pregnant that i didnt need to declare ( i know that because i asked my lone parent advisor just in case)

Its not worth the risk of getting caught and prosecuted over a few quid

Old 20-03-2009, 10:43   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Thats a bit naughty flashy, your getting on dangerous ground there
Old 20-03-2009, 10:43   #10
God Member

did i mention your name Emma?

Jay, you work that out how? just because you have a puppet master pulling your strings doesnt give you the right to say whats good and whats not, is that actually you under your name today or is it a certain someone else?

Last edited by flashy; 20-03-2009 at 10:45.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 10:44   #11
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

It's only pot and kettle, if this vast crowd of accywebbers have posted on here against such actions.

I notice though the no tolerance brigade have yet again lumped the genuine receivers of benefits in with the ones that pretend to be ill so that they don't have to work, hardly a fair bit of thinking is it?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 10:47   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It's only pot and kettle, if this vast crowd of accywebbers have posted on here against such actions.

I notice though the no tolerance brigade have yet again lumped the genuine receivers of benefits in with the ones that pretend to be ill so that they don't have to work, hardly a fair bit of thinking is it?

what pee's me off Less is the fact that people are writing such crap, yet again we have more sheep on accyweb
Old 20-03-2009, 10:50   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
what pee's me off Less is the fact that people are writing such crap, yet again we have more sheep on accyweb
Are sheep allowed to claim benefits and work?

Damn these sheep taking the work away from our Polish brethren!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2009, 10:52   #14
God Member

people like to slate other people for doing the exact same thing that they are slating them for
Old 20-03-2009, 11:10   #15

Well you can not blame the little ones for saying that thats what comes out when they are at that age.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..