Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2007, 12:08   #1

One guy's way of getting back at smoking ban.

i can't remember where i saw it, news or in the paper but anyway..

what he plans to do is, if he see's someone sat outside his pub with the smoker's who's drinking and not smoking he's going to say 'scuse me you cant drink that out here' if the drinker says why he's going to say 'smokers out here sorry and you dont smoke'

i know it seems very childish but you can kind of see the point he's making. people are descriminated for smoking why should'nt none smokers be descriminated also. i personally dont smoke and dont care if someone next to me is smoking, quite a touchy subject for some people though.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2007, 12:12   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: One guy's way of getting back at smoking ban.

yeh i saw it also, think its hilarious.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:30   #3

yea its funny for being immature but you can kind of understand where he's coming from. he is right in a way lol.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:36   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
yea its funny for being immature but you can kind of understand where he's coming from. he is right in a way lol.
He won't get away with it, they will just tell him where to go
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:39   #5

they would if he tried it in a pub round here lol. might work in some nancy pub down south though.
Old 04-08-2007, 13:44   #6
God Member

Smokers Hit Back In War Over Lighting Up (from Lancashire Telegraph)

As shown in above link from today's Telegraph,there is a cafe in Darwen which is not allowing non-smokers to sit outside.Good for them I say.They (non-smokers)don't like it when they're not made welcome somewhere do they?Well,the non-smokers can't have it both ways.They've got us smokers standing outside in December in hail/rain/snow etc and outside is the only place we can go for a ciggy now.I knew they'd all start moaning sooner or later that it was unpleasant when sitting outside because of the smoke.Well GET BACK INSIDE then.We're not all going to go and live on another planet for you,you know!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 13:48   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well said lilly, the sanctimonious gits will winge about anything.
Old 04-08-2007, 13:59   #8

i dont smoke an i agree, its descrimination no matter what you do these days. they ban smoking in pubs because peopel moaned, now their moaning when you've been sent outside. talk about having your cake and eating it. greedy bastards.
Old 04-08-2007, 14:09   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
they would if he tried it in a pub round here lol. might work in some nancy pub down south though.
LMAO Liam very very true!!!

The thing is, where I work we have had a marquee ( we had to put 50p each towards buying it) put up for the smokers. Now the thing that I find odd is that all the non smokers still come and sit with us smokers outside on breaks. Now I know why they do it, because us that smoke are the FUN people, that have a good laugh on break, and if the non smokers sat inside at break they would die of boredom because most of the non smokers are a bloody miserable bunch!! BUT we have made them pay 50p towards the marquee, because if they want to use it, they pay the same, simple as. AND we put a sign up saying " fully payed up members only " seems childish, but hey ho

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 14:12   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post

The thing is, where I work we have had a marquee ( we had to put 50p each towards buying it) put up for the smokers. Now the thing that I find odd is that all the non smokers still come and sit with us smokers outside on breaks. Now I know why they do it, because us that smoke are the FUN people, that have a good laugh on break, and if the non smokers sat inside at break they would die of boredom because most of the non smokers are a bloody miserable bunch!! BUT we have made them pay 50p towards the marquee, because if they want to use it, they pay the same, simple as. AND we put a sign up saying " fully payed up members only " seems childish, but hey ho
love it slinks, stuff em.
Old 04-08-2007, 14:30   #11

they wanted you outside in the first place so make them pay. i go in the willow mount club playing snooker and theyve even put up a bus shelter type thing outside.
Old 04-08-2007, 14:49   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post

Good on you Slinky, more people should follow your example
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 15:14   #13
Junior Member+

Smokers strike back

The headlines in todays LET are about a Darwen cafe that won't let nosmokers use the outside tables to take refreshments only smokers are allowed, one up for smokers I think
b.joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 15:33   #14

Re: Smokers strike back

Got No Business Sense At All
Old 04-08-2007, 15:48   #15
Senior Member+

Re: Smokers strike back

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
Got No Business Sense At All
not even got common sense

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..