Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2007, 22:25   #46
God Member

Re: Smokers strike back

Well,they say smoking's a disease don't they? Well I'd sooner have that than TB
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2007, 22:32   #47
God Member

my grandad had TB
Old 04-08-2007, 22:33   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Well,they say smoking's a disease don't they? Well I'd sooner have that than TB
Yeah and you don't even get the added luxury of buying TB

And TB isn't as good after sex

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 22:42   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
my grandad had TB
Apologies.I've sent you a pm.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 23:21   #50

Re: One guy's way of getting back at smoking ban.

if people want to smoke its their choice. if people want to not smoke its their choice then stay away from the smokers. they say breathing in secondhand smoke is harmful but there's alot more REAL harmful things in the world than smoke. im telling you, the worlds going to end up where you have to ask permission to do anything. so much for freedom of speech and human rights.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 00:12   #51
Senior Member+

We had a couple of non smoking whingers in the pub the other night. They were complaining because it was a nice night & all the outside seating was full of people smoking.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 00:15   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay View Post
We had a couple of non smoking whingers in the pub the other night. They were complaining because it was a nice night & all the outside seating was full of people smoking.

For Christ sake lmao ............ we abide my the law and we still get complained at lmao

Miracles do happen!!

Old 05-08-2007, 00:19   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
For Christ sake lmao ............ we abide my the law and we still get complained at lmao
We just can't win so we might as well just ignore the whingeing gits and enjoy our ciggies, if they want to be miserable let them
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 00:22   #54

i've grown up around smokers, who give a **** seriously wether people smoke next to or near me
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 00:26   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
We just can't win so we might as well just ignore the whingeing gits and enjoy our ciggies, if they want to be miserable let them
Yeah but you watch.......... next it will be " ALL smokers must vacate their outside seats for the non smokers that wish to sit down " would not surprise me at all

Miracles do happen!!

Old 05-08-2007, 00:30   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Yeah but you watch.......... next it will be " ALL smokers must vacate their outside seats for the non smokers that wish to sit down " would not surprise me at all
I think they would get a few choice words off a lot of people.
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:35   #57

I cant believe there are people actually argueing for being able to smoke around other people who dont smoke. Tabaco should be illegal full stop. Its a terrible, harmful substance and the entire industry is sick.

I dont smoke (not a surprise given my last comments) and i cant understand why anybody would. Do you people have any idea how much treatin cancer that could never have happened with out tabaco costs thing country each year? and not just people who smoke but passive smokers to.

People will moan and cry about having to stand outside and smoke but one day nobody will smoke at all, it will all slowly die out and then people will say 'i cant believe people back then actually smoked that stuff, didnt they know it was killing them?'

Smokers say it harms their freedom and human rights, but what about the freedom and human rights of the ever increasing non-smoking people of this country?

If you think its ok to smoke in a pub full of other people then surely it should also be ok to smoke crack, weed or any other substance in the same place, after all they are all just as harmful.

In fact if smoking in a room full of other people is ok then it should be ok for me to walk in with a big bag of asbestos dust and start shakeing it around the room for people to breath in.
mr_flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:23   #58
Resting in Peace

Both smoking threads have been merged into one thread
as they are talking about the same thing its pointless having 2 threads
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:23   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_flibble View Post
I cant believe there are people actually argueing for being able to smoke around other people who dont smoke. Tabaco should be illegal full stop. Its a terrible, harmful substance and the entire industry is sick.

I dont smoke (not a surprise given my last comments) and i cant understand why anybody would. Do you people have any idea how much treatin cancer that could never have happened with out tabaco costs thing country each year? and not just people who smoke but passive smokers to.

People will moan and cry about having to stand outside and smoke but one day nobody will smoke at all, it will all slowly die out and then people will say 'i cant believe people back then actually smoked that stuff, didnt they know it was killing them?'

Smokers say it harms their freedom and human rights, but what about the freedom and human rights of the ever increasing non-smoking people of this country?

If you think its ok to smoke in a pub full of other people then surely it should also be ok to smoke crack, weed or any other substance in the same place, after all they are all just as harmful.

In fact if smoking in a room full of other people is ok then it should be ok for me to walk in with a big bag of asbestos dust and start shakeing it around the room for people to breath in.
Oh dear, Mr. Flibble, this is just pre-ban campaigning stuff and most smokers are willing to succumb to this decision.. what is being discussed now is the non-smokers grumbling about not being able to get seats outside. Please bear in mind though that most seating areas outside the pubs were not there before, and only constructed to accommodate people who wished to smoke without it affecting others, whilst having their beer. So they have only gained.

Again, the tax from cigarettes pulls in enough revenue to cover any smoking related diseases and plenty left over for other treatments within the NHS.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:35   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

Again, the tax from cigarettes pulls in enough revenue to cover any smoking related diseases and plenty left over for other treatments within the NHS.
Are there statistics that back this up?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..