Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2006, 12:19   #91
God Member

Re: One Step Too Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Just one question Kash. Hope you can give an honest answer here.

Should you have discovered that a supposed beloved devout Muslim brother/sister had been on the way to Manchester airport last week with the means to blow up an aircraft, what would you have done ?
What should happen and what might happen are two different things. It would be hard for anyone to drop a member of their family in it without a lot of pain and soul searching. Until that situation arises no one can answer truthfully as to what they would do.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-08-2006, 12:32   #92
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: One Step Too Far

Ah SPUGGIE _J! But kash claims that Islam rules his life and Islam does not promote killing.

It is the fundamentalists’ interpretation of Islam that sanction suicide bombers. So there should be no need for soul searching. If there is then it shows that kash’s HUMANITY is overriding his belief in Islam.
Old 22-08-2006, 12:33   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash
A person doesn't just wake up one day and think "today i'll blow myself up".
in palestine their land has been taken families killed, children with school bags have been shot by snipers. the world turning a blind eye, letting israel do what ever it wants. its a combination of everything.

many muslims have been killed in this 'war on terror' yet there is no minute of silence. when isreal blows up a building killing many innocent people its on the news for one day and when theres a bomd in israel regardless of casautly its on the news for days even weeks. also minute silences one or two years on.
and yet many say muslims are not the victims.

yes every muslim should promote Islam but its not a major part if it, its not one of the five pillars of Islam. just by letting someone know my name can be classed as promoting Islam. i dont have to force it on people.

So that gives muslims the right to bomb the capital of the country, killing innocent people for no apparent reason?! Because the UK isnt giving minute silences for every killing in Isreal?! Thats pathetic.

Quote:
many muslims have been killed in this 'war on terror' yet there is no minute of silence.
The only people causing 'terror' are Muslims!! Eleven people were charged with a plot to blow up several planes yesterday, guess what.. they were ALL Muslim! Fair enough if it was say.. Christians blowing Muslims up, Muslims would have every right to be annoyed and wanting to cause terror but its MUSLIMS who are causing the agony! So you cant complain!

If you, and many other Muslims are so bothered about whats happening in Isreal, GO out there yourselves and do something about it. Dont blow up the UK public transport!

:engsmil: You live in the UK. So respect it. Stop treating it like a sh*t hall.
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 12:35   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
The simple fact is that world is not "becoming a mixed bag of races, cultures..."; it is the western civilisation that is becoming so. As far as I am aware, there is not an influx of European or American people into Africa or Asia; the traffic is one way only, and that is here to the west. I along with most people in the UK, have no intention of emigrating to India, Pakistan, Nigeria or Bulgaria.
I like what Im hearing.

You talk sense. <3
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 12:49   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
I found this table of immigration to various countries - India is number 4 in the list

Table 1: Top ten countries for total immigration (1970-1995) [1]CountryNet number of immigrants (millions)............so here are the reasons:

United States 16.7 (worldwide immigration, mainly Latino)
Russian Federation 4.1 (return of ethnic russians to Russia after breakup of USSR)
Saudi Arabia 3.4( Influx of Pakistan/Indian/Bangladeshi/Phillipino/Western labour to fuel Saudi oil boom)
India 3.3 (Bangladeshi refugees, post 1971 war)
Canada 3.3 (worldwide immigration)
Germany 2.7 (Turkish)
France 1.4 (Algerian/French West Africa)
Australia 1.4 (Worldwide, mainly Europe, Vietnam, Lebanon)
Turkey 1.3 (mainly Iraqi Kurds)
United Arab Emirates 1.3 (as per Saudi Arabia)

Figures are the latest that I could find.
Thank you Gayle for proving my point.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 13:01   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
Ah SPUGGIE _J! But kash claims that Islam rules his life and Islam does not promote killing.

It is the fundamentalists’ interpretation of Islam that sanction suicide bombers. So there should be no need for soul searching. If there is then it shows that kash’s HUMANITY is overriding his belief in Islam.
If all of the human race followed what their religion laid out we would not have the problems we do. People will always interprate what they want from religion the same way Henry VIII did in order to marry and produce a male hier. If Kash's humanity overides his beliefs then he is as human as the rest of us but that does not mean he let it over ride his Islamic beliefs.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 22-08-2006, 14:05   #97
Resting in peace

Jambutty certainly mixed a bottle with this thread, what amuses me is that
when we left India the brass band played us out, then they followed us.
to date they dont seem to want to return, maybee introducing "Shia Law"
will relieve the immigration problem, and mighnt promt the "ethnic minorities"
to try thier luck back home. Happy Abdul day.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 16:48   #98
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: One Step Too Far

A true follower of the true Islam (not an interpretation of it) would have no option but to tell the authorities if he knew that someone was preparing to commit an atrocity.

We didn’t leave India Ianto.W., we were THROWN out. We just tried to make it LOOK like we were leaving voluntarily.

Unless our government pays heed to what is happening the ethnic minorities will become ethnic majorities.
Old 22-08-2006, 17:47   #99
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
What should happen and what might happen are two different things. It would be hard for anyone to drop a member of their family in it without a lot of pain and soul searching. Until that situation arises no one can answer truthfully as to what they would do.
Thought someone might come up with this, but my point was really would one Muslim actually report another Muslim for planning atrocities? Does the 'brethen' still support/keep mum no matter what. They have plenty to say to condemn these acts, but is there any action ?

Maybe this is how the plot was discovered in the first place, but have the feeling was not so..some of the families of those accused must have known .. hope I am proved wrong.

I have no doubt that, in the same situation, I would ring the authorities, not only to save a loved one blowing themselves up, and others, but the hope that they could be helped with their mental instability.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 19:04   #100
God Member

point taken and glad to oblige. I still maintain Kate that until put into that situation nobody could truthfully say what they would do.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 22-08-2006, 23:31   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Thought someone might come up with this, but my point was really would one Muslim actually report another Muslim for planning atrocities? Does the 'brethen' still support/keep mum no matter what. They have plenty to say to condemn these acts, but is there any action ?

Maybe this is how the plot was discovered in the first place, but have the feeling was not so..some of the families of those accused must have known .. hope I am proved wrong.
sadly i doubt it very much was talking to a muslim who has taken over a newsagent recently only this afternoon was gob-smacked at what he said QUOTE the local muslims have given me a lot of grief since i came here. the reason= he served in the queens regiment in iraq he had also served in northern ireland previously(nothing was ever said about that)he told me i am muslim but i also am british,which pleased me no end - pity his locals dont feel the same.
Old 22-08-2006, 23:37   #102
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
Unless our government pays heed to what is happening the ethnic minorities will become ethnic majorities.

What do you suggest to counteract your fears?

Enforced sterilization?

White only breeding programmes and baby farms?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 23:43   #103
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda

White only breeding programmes and baby farms?
i thought you had made up baby farms until i googled it

chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 23:47   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender
What the Islamic elders do not seem to appreciate is that there are olts of peopel in this country who have to work on Bank Holidays. so why should they think they can have their own.
My husband is a maintence amn at a Home for the Elderly, if Christmas Day, Good Friday fall on a day he would normally work, he is not allowed to take time off. If he wants Christmas Day off he has to take it unpaid, even though he might have unused holidays, because the rules of the company are that no employee is allowed time off in December.
How many adults get christmas day off in reality?? not many esp women.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 23:49   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
If a member of my family did that I'd have no hesitation about dropping them in it. It all depends how much loyalty you have to your country. I think I have a lot.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote

« Doh ! | Hedgehogs »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..