Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2011, 18:05   #1
God Member

Only a stone's throw away ...

Just looking at footage of the latest manifestation of Britain's popularity in Iran. Reminded me of something from the 60s: "In most world capitals the American embassy is only a stone's throw away."

I've been vaguely following the Iranian "thing". How close is the UK to the yanks on the issue of Iran's nukes? Is the "special relationship" going to lead you guys into a new US eff up?

Should maybe let the IDF turn Iran into a radioactive parking lot.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2011, 18:20   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Only a stone's throw away ...

Oh no need to worry.

We'll just send down the Angel of World (Especially Where There's Oil) Peace, to flutter down amongst the angry, baying mobs.

Tone'll sort it.

If he's asked nicely, he'll happily break off...from counting his millions, and find the time to help.

Bless him.

All will be well.

Last edited by garinda; 29-11-2011 at 18:23.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2011, 18:23   #3
God Member

Report: Explosion rocks Iran city of Isfahan, home to key nuclear facility - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
This is the third 'explosion' in recent times - I suspect Mossad are already sabotaging Iran.

If you want to Iran's version of news -
Fars News Agency

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 10:16   #4
God Member

This video is going viral on the web, in the hope that IF this was the intention, revealing it will make them think again.

Possible False Flag Attack! - USS Enterprise - War With Iran | Gerald Celente Trends Blog

Old 26-01-2012, 10:50   #5
God Member

If you think my last post was hype - I would like you know that war with Iran simulations have been experimented with for a while now, at least since 2006.
The one that seems to be 'favourite' currently is Operation Tirrant (theater Iran near term)
Booman Tribune ~ A Progressive Community

Old 26-01-2012, 11:45   #6
God Member

I do not think that there can be any doubt that war with Iran is inevitable, sooner or later. I would hazard the guess that Obama wishes to use it to enhance his campaign for re-election, which would put a start date sometime in September/October.

The other thing to bear in mind is the current global financial mess. There have been many who compare what is currently happening, and what is about to happen, as equal to, or even surpassing, the crash and depression of the 1930's. The best way to get out of a depression, as the military industrial complex discovered in 1939, is to have a war.

As Margaret's video suggests, the USA and Israel are not above lying through their teeth. And you cannot take anything that either says at face value.

I noticed that in his speech to Congress the other day, Obama very carefully and guardedly implied that the groundwork for US involvment in Iran and Syria was already underway. Confrontation with Russia and China was similarly implied.

As far as Israel is concerned there is a point in Iran's nuclear activities beyond which Israel is not prepared to let them go without taking either direct or preferably in-direct action. Israel and its Prime Minister have been lobbying Washington for action relentlessly for quite a while now. Remember Sarkozy's gaff before Christmas and Obama's reply to it, "I have to speak to him every day"?

I would not want to be an Iranian this year.
Old 26-01-2012, 12:33   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Ah but it will be good television Bob.
Old 26-01-2012, 14:16   #8
God Member

At least five Iranian scientists believed to have links to the country’s nuclear programme have been attacked in the past two years, four of them fatally. The last one killed was only just over 2 weeks ago. See link below for full account. It is widely believed that Mossad are respnsible for these murders and that the CIA were involved. Iran has also pointed the finger at British Intelligence too.

Timeline: Assassinated Iranian scientists | The World | International affairs blog from the FT ? FT.com

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 17:58   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
At least five Iranian scientists believed to have links to the country’s nuclear programme have been attacked in the past two years, four of them fatally. The last one killed was only just over 2 weeks ago. See link below for full account. It is widely believed that Mossad are respnsible for these murders and that the CIA were involved. Iran has also pointed the finger at British Intelligence too.

Timeline: Assassinated Iranian scientists | The World | International affairs blog from the FT ? FT.com
Surely the CIA or British Intelligence could be involved in these heinous crimes, could they!!
Old 26-01-2012, 18:19   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
This video is going viral on the web, in the hope that IF this was the intention, revealing it will make them think again.

Possible False Flag Attack! - USS Enterprise - War With Iran | Gerald Celente Trends Blog
MargaretR, you're at it again-posting wild conspiracy theories.
Do you honestly think the USA and Israel would sink a nuclear powered aircraft carrier with all its crew to justify an attack on Iran?
They don't need that, Iran close to possessing nuclear bombs is enough, even some of the Arab states are in fear(Sunni/Shia differences) and would welcome intervention.
By posting this rubbish you cast doubts on your own grasp of sanity and the real world.
I read your attachments not to be informed and educated but to make me smile on a cold, dark winters day.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 18:34   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
MargaretR, you're at it again-posting wild conspiracy theories.
Do you honestly think the USA and Israel would sink a nuclear powered aircraft carrier with all its crew to justify an attack on Iran?
They don't need that, Iran close to possessing nuclear bombs is enough, even some of the Arab states are in fear(Sunni/Shia differences) and would welcome intervention.
By posting this rubbish you cast doubts on your own grasp of sanity and the real world.
I read your attachments not to be informed and educated but to make me smile on a cold, dark winters day.
You obviously haven't watched the video before you commented.

It's on its last mission before it is due to be scrapped.
Decommissioning a nuclear vessel is VERY expensive - cheaper to sink it 'in a good cause'

At Pearl Harbour they moved the new stuff out and moved the old stuff in just before the attack.
Oh forgive me that's a conspiracy theory too.

Sailors can be used as cannon fodder too.

I just hope that I won't get a chance to say 'I told you so'

Old 26-01-2012, 19:00   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
You obviously haven't watched the video before you commented.

It's on its last mission before it is due to be scrapped.
Decommissioning a nuclear vessel is VERY expensive - cheaper to sink it 'in a good cause'

At Pearl Harbour they moved the new stuff out and moved the old stuff in just before the attack.
Oh forgive me that's a conspiracy theory too.

Sailors can be used as cannon fodder too.

I just hope that I won't get a chance to say 'I told you so'
Of course I watched the video first- I wouldn't comment on it if I hadn't.

Your comments about Pearl Harbour- pure drivel straight form the video.
The Pacific fleet was the pride of the USA navy, not 'old stuff' and it was pure chance the three aircraft carriers weren't caught as well. America was crippled-you suggest that was Americas intention? Silly.
If the USA had set up Pearl Harbour to tempt the Japanese to attack don't you think they'd have been waiting for them? They had over 400 aircraft even without the carriers and could have stopped the Japanese there and then.
Stop reading this bull, MargaretR, start reading history.
Old 26-01-2012, 19:04   #13
God Member

You are one of those people with unshakable trust in the good intentions of your government.

It is a comfortable place to be - I remember it well.

Old 26-01-2012, 19:12   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
You are one of those people with unshakable trust in the good intentions of your government.
Are you telling me the UK Government is involved as well?
Oh no!
Old 26-01-2012, 20:10   #15
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I would like you know that war with Iran simulations have been experimented with for a while now, at least since 2006.
US & Nato have always simulated/planned out/played through various scenarios against a possible enemy attack/strike since the days of the "Cold War". For the last 50 odd years it was Russia who was the bogeyman of these war games but with the break up of the Russian federation, the little niggles that were the middle east have now taken on a more dominant role.

That being the case the "Strikes" against Iran are really nothing new as such, it's just that as more advanced & precision weaponry becomes available the game plan changes & is trialled, preparation & planning doesn't necessarily mean retaliatory or offensive strikes.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..