Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2006, 16:20   #1
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Own up....

Were you ever cajoled into owning up to something when you were a child? Did you ever own up to some misdemeanor without prompting? What is the worst thing that you owned up to and what was your punishment?

I owned up to my dad that I had broken my friends' glasses during a fight. I was 9 years old, and to be fair, I had asked her to remove them before I hit her. She refused so I hit her anyway....... I only owned up because I knew that her dad would be storming round to our house as soon as he was home from work, so I needed to warn my dad.

I was grounded for a couple of days and I do have the recollection of sore bum cheeks for a few hours. My dad did ask 'who won?' though..

BTW, can the person who has abducted Garinda please own up..... I haven't seen him online in a couple of days.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-07-2006, 17:37   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Own up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
BTW, can the person who has abducted Garinda please own up..... I haven't seen him online in a couple of days.
I have him looked up all on his own in a dark garage. He asked me to leave him there for a few days as he has been a very naughty boy.
Old 29-07-2006, 19:14   #3
God Member

He snuck away on holiday and forgot to make sure there was a computer.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 19:32   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I thought he had a house guest at the moment. Now he has his friend staying with him we must not be worth talking too
Old 29-07-2006, 21:29   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

difficult one that lettie as i was a little saint.
Old 29-07-2006, 23:01   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
difficult one that lettie as i was a little saint.
but it sounds like Lettie wasn't
Old 30-07-2006, 01:48   #7
Always EVIL within us

Who would EVER own up to something if they (me ) hadn't been caught?
Old 30-07-2006, 05:39   #8
God Member

yep , have to agree with Lettie , missed the guy the last few days , hope he's ok
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 11:07   #9

I own up if I feel TOO guilty.......kinda rare that, or blame it on someon else
My brother and I were fighting quite a few years ago now and I threw a cushion at him but being a girl I missed and knocked off this Pegasus Lamp bought the previous month. It broke in many places....ended up legless. Well, my mother came in from work found me in tears over this lamp that she hated anyway and shouted at me and my brother for messin' about, and threatened
to tell my dad...as mothers do. My Dad came home...and my mother told him she knocked it off while cleaning. My mum rocks.
To this day he doesn't know it was me (He did like that lamp)
Lea
x
ploppysirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..