Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2006, 14:00   #1

David Guilfoyle: Fitzpatrick guilty

Missing body trial - Fitzpatrick found guilty of murder, jailed for 20 years...

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/..._20_years.html

I wonder if the police looked into the posts that were put on here...?

( thoughts go out to David's family and daughter)

Yone
yone is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2006, 14:10   #2
I am Banned

Re: David Guilfoyle: Fitzpatrick guilty

good i hope he has the decency to at least tell the family where daves body is so they can lay him to rest properly

Last edited by chav1; 13-07-2006 at 14:18.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 16:41   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
good i hope he has the decency to at least tell the family where daves body is so they can lay him to rest properly
I totally agree Chav, I knew David when he was a teenager, he was a very accomplished pool player then, and its only right that his family are allowed to give him a good christian burial
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 16:51   #4
God Member

Here we go...the ******* who know nothing about this getting their 2-penneth in.

I have known Callum Fitzpatrick for going on 13/14 years as my best mate; yet the police never asked me for a statement did they? No.
Well who did they ask you might say?
The people who had picked fights with Callum in high school, thats who.

This conviction is appalling. There is no clear evidence - it's an extreme miscarriage of justice with the police just trying to pin the blame on an innocent man.

****ing pigs.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 17:13   #5

I must say without finding David’s Body…. And with what appeared so little evidence I was rather shocked they found Shane Guilty….
Maybe they know something we don’t… My point was I wonder if the police looked at this forum and posts that were put on … in the early days when David was reported missing…

Yone
yone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 17:42   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
That man was evil.
He wrecked families everywhere with involvement in drugs & money laundering.
Disgrace. People will believe anything.
Sorry Shaky I only said I knew Dave Guilfoyle when he was in his teens nearly 20 years ago, I have not come accross him since, so what hes been upto since then I clueless, but he still needs a proper burial
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 19:15   #7
God Member

Deepest apologies if I caused offence to anyone in the family of David Guilfoyle. I accept that murder of anyone is illegal and morally wrong.
I have known both Callum & Shane for most of my life - and to see a judge give 20 years like it it is nothing - with no substantial evidence - almost made me sick.

Last edited by shakermaker; 13-07-2006 at 19:19.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 22:26   #8
God Member

How can you have a murder case without a body? How can you prove someone has done something.
It's very confusing to me.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 22:57   #9
God Member

I am by no means an expert in criminal justice, but by Shanes behaviour under interview initally and he 'no commented' all the way through I thought Guilty. He apparently showed no emotion when sentenced and I thought Guilty. However from what was reported in both local papers the circumstantial only evidence pointed mostly in favour of David having done a bunk. I cannot understand how a judge or jury can sentence anybody with firm link to a murder that may or may not have been commited without real and damning evidence to say that the perpetrator was present at the time and that blood was found on the accused or in his house or car.

It is impossible to say that the police or court would withhold evidence from the public domain, because it is in the publics best interest to know the facts. From what I can gather the prosecution only had a torch that was apparently lent to David a long time earlier, Shane wearing commando clothing on the night and going to work tired with no memory of the previous nights football match, and having once said that he'd kill him, God help me if Maradona, Ronaldo or any number of referee's ever turn up dead.

Sympathies to at least one family and both if there has been a miscarriage of justice.
Old 13-07-2006, 23:08   #10
God Member

I dont always remember a footy match from the night before especially if I have been drinking. If running around in "inappropriate gear" at night then many people would be in court. Does this mean that if in a dressing gown putting rubbish out at night I am a midnight flasher? People lend tools etc and dont always get them back so any item used could come back and haunt you 12 months later. Unfortunately its both families that are suffering and there will be no closure for either as it stands.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 08:35   #11

I totally feel for both families, because even IF shane is guilty, his family are innocent.
Again I find it hard to believe that a jury can be certain beyond reasonable doubt on circumstancial evidence and no body. Although, IF he is guilty, i hope he now does say what happened etc..
It does always make you ask if the police are more interested in statistics of cases closed opposed to justice.
I never knew David, and only remember Shane from school, I used to think he seemed a nice enough lad. But that is another lifetime ago, and people change.

All I know is, I don`t envy the judge and jury on that one, and that the truth prevails in the end, whatever the truth may be and David`s family get the answers they so desperatly need, and Shane`s family get the truth - whatever that may be.
those were the days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 19:50   #12
Resident Waffler

I was surprised when they even arrested someone for murder when there has been no body found. How can they even be sure that he is dead?

Of course we don't have a transcript of the trial so we don't know all the evidence that was presented to the jury and I do think that in a case like this where it's even hard to know for certain that a murder has taken place we should have been given more information from the trial.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 21:32   #13
God Member

How can you know it's murder and not manslaghter.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 21:47   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I was surprised when they even arrested someone for murder when there has been no body found. How can they even be sure that he is dead?

Of course we don't have a transcript of the trial so we don't know all the evidence that was presented to the jury and I do think that in a case like this where it's even hard to know for certain that a murder has taken place we should have been given more information from the trial.

I think that is right. And to add the comments of those at the trial. Their view was that the news media did mis-report the trial, missing several crucial pieces of evidence in reporting and instead giving paragraph space to the personal salubrious side of the characters involved.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2006, 17:34   #15

What the hell do you know? you are a child. you are the same age as daves daughter, how do you think she feels? and whos accusing callum?
the right person has been got for this terrible crime andif you listened to the evidence and to shane, callum and debbie in court you would realise that they have all tried to cover up for 1 another, and failed miserably in their attempts.
justice has been served and hopefully now he will say where dave's body is and we can all say goodby to him properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Here we go...the ******* who know nothing about this getting their 2-penneth in.

I have known Callum Fitzpatrick for going on 13/14 years as my best mate; yet the police never asked me for a statement did they? No.
Well who did they ask you might say?
The people who had picked fights with Callum in high school, thats who.

This conviction is appalling. There is no clear evidence - it's an extreme miscarriage of justice with the police just trying to pin the blame on an innocent man.

****ing pigs.
della84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..