Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2006, 10:17   #1
Resting in Peace

Saturday night idiots

There are times that I wonder what makes people do the indefensible, last night was one such time. I have an 87 year old neighbour who for his pains has a three wheeled car, this weekend just happens to be his 67th wedding aniversary. Last night at about 11.30 I could see lights on the car park where I live, it was the fire brigade, who not for the first time may i add, had been called out because some local neanderthals had turned his car over just for a laugh. This is not the first or the second or even the third time this has happened this year, but the sixth. I really do despair at this irresponsible brainless behaviour, probably a big laugh for this lowlife after their usual two shandies and a pimms on a Saturday night out. The only trouble is if these idiots are caught (the police actually turned up last night) they get a pat on the head and a sugar lump and a "don't be a naughty boy (or girl) in future. I really do despair.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2006, 10:21   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Saturday night idiots

why does that not surprise me? years ago it would have shocked,now things like that are expected,a sad indictment of society.
Old 30-07-2006, 10:52   #3

unfortunately I have to agree with cashman, its no shock that idiots do stuff like that nowadays
sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 11:07   #4

I have found here in Harwood that Friday night seems to be numpty night. I am not surprised now by most things apart from how stunningly immature some of these folk are, and how mindless some of their actions are. I do feel that more of a stick approach should be used on the bars/clubs/pubs that still serve these folk when they must be obviously drunk.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 11:43   #5
Resting in Peace

Seems to be the new game of nick-nack only with more dire consequences.

I know there are some parents who will defend their off-spring for carrying out these mindless acts, however, sure at least 1 or 2 of these 'person's' parents would be astounded to know what they were up to. We don't hear this side, do we ?

Maybe, the police do have some success in going to see their parents; others well ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 12:05   #6
God Member

Chances are their parents dont give a monkeys what their offspring get up too and the havoc the are causing. Its seems that these brainless drunken yobs (calling them Neanderthals is an insult to Neanderthals) must get a "I am a hard man buzz" from it. Cashy hit the nail on the head.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 19:20   #7
Senior Member+

I feel really sorry for your neighbour

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 21:16   #8
God Member

Would it be wrong of us to remove all the labels from the tin cans?
Old 30-07-2006, 21:25   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
Would it be wrong of us to remove all the labels from the tin cans?

Don't 'quite' understand this Cyfr ... know profound remark .. not too proud to ask please. OK we have labelled certain people, if we removed their label, all would be the same, but ??
Old 30-07-2006, 21:30   #10
God Member

Was more like, if we removed the labels they wouldn't know how to cook them and be screwd...
Old 30-07-2006, 21:43   #11
Senior Member+

Yeah I know what you mean Jaysay.Last night also my mum & step-fathers car ended up with footprints on the boot,roof & bonnet.And thier next door nieghbours wind screen was cracked.Obviously some mindless idiot had run over them.As you know they live just lower down than the club,I wonder if it's the same individuals.........
Old 30-07-2006, 21:43   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
Was more like, if we removed the labels they wouldn't know how to cook them and be screwd...
Ok .. but who is 'they' ? Being thick I know. sos.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..