Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2010, 09:56   #1
Resting in Peace

Ozone layer

Ozone layer 'is no longer disappearing and will return to full strength by 2048' | Mail Online

The Ozone Layer could be back to pre 1980 levels by 2048 according to UN scientist, somebodies knitted a patch
Old 20-09-2010, 10:02   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Ozone layer

never bought that crap anyway, load of balls created by jobsworths, things happen constantly its called NATURE.
Old 20-09-2010, 10:08   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
never bought that crap anyway, load of balls created by jobsworths, things happen constantly its called NATURE.
Off course it is cashy after all thee and me evolved from cavemen
Old 20-09-2010, 10:52   #4
Senior Member+

I always understood the ozone problem was the growing hole in the ozone layer over Antartica, which thereby increased the risk of skin cancer.
However, the sun never gets further south than the Tropic of Capricorn and simple geometry proves that the sun cannot shine directly on any populated area on the Earth, therefore there is no increase in the amount of UV radiation.
I have obviously got something wrong as so many scientist and intellectuals forecast doom & gloom?
Old 20-09-2010, 12:45   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I always understood the ozone problem was the growing hole in the ozone layer over Antartica, which thereby increased the risk of skin cancer.
However, the sun never gets further south than the Tropic of Capricorn and simple geometry proves that the sun cannot shine directly on any populated area on the Earth, therefore there is no increase in the amount of UV radiation.
I have obviously got something wrong as so many scientist and intellectuals forecast doom & gloom?
Nah mate you are probably correct, these people come out wi such crap,to justify their existence, get massive grants to research this garbage, con all the gullibles n jobs a good un. think back years ago- eggs were bad fer ya, n Edwina Curry, who i don't think was porking J.M.at the time convinced all the gullibles they really were.

Last edited by cashman; 20-09-2010 at 12:47.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 17:57   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nah mate you are probably correct, these people come out wi such crap,to justify their existence, get massive grants to research this garbage, con all the gullibles n jobs a good un. think back years ago- eggs were bad fer ya, n Edwina Curry, who i don't think was porking J.M.at the time convinced all the gullibles they really were.
Ya she had Sam and Ella as advisers cashy
Old 21-09-2010, 10:20   #7
Resting in Peace

The Ozone layer has the Knack of repairing itself,Read on.

Fogonazos: Catatumbo, the everlasting storm

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2010, 10:48   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
The Ozone layer has the Knack of repairing itself,Read on.

Fogonazos: Catatumbo, the everlasting storm
Quote:
The collision with the winds coming from the Andes Mountains causes the storms and associated lightning, a result of electrical discharges through ionised gases, specifically the methane created by the decomposition of organic matter in the marshes. Being lighter than air, the gas rises up to the clouds, feeding the storms.
Does this mean that we no longer have to live in fear of cows farting anymore?

More cows=more methane=more thunderstorms=more Ozone=us able to sleep peacefully in our beds knowing humans can do what they want without worrying about ruining the planet.

Cue margeretR with strange links just to remind us no matter what we do or say,

We Are All Doomed!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2010, 13:31   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i have always been able to sleep peacefully without slightest concern fer any of this, cos its all crap. though occasionally real life problems have kept me awake.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..