Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 16:10   #1
Always EVIL within us

P.a.s.s.

What is it? - "Public Assistance and Service Standards" It is a new system in place for Lancaster Police to "grade" emergency calls and respond according to the nature of the incident, ....and the vunerability of the caller.

GRADE 1 - An emergency with a response time of 15 minutes...

GRADE 2 - For an incident that is NOT an emergency but involves vunerable victims, response time 1 hour...

GRADE 3 - Covers general day-to-day incidents with a response time of 8 HOURS.

GRADE 4 - Can be used for routine enquiries requiring a response or contact within 72 HOURS.

GRADE 5 - Used for incidents that can be resolved without having to send a police Officer out to see the caller because they can be dealt with by the communications centre or help desk.

Superintendent Peter White who is head of ""CALL MANAGEMENT" says: "We also looked at our existing deployment practises before overhauling them to ensure we are able to meet peoples needs. It makes sense to have alternative ways of helping people so SURGERIES at main Police Stations were established. In addition, we recruited "DYNAMIC DEMAND MANAGERS" who work in our control rooms to ensure we use all our resources to meet the promised response times"

Police Authority Member David Edmundson added " L.P.A. welcome the introduction of P.A.S.S. which further consolidates the improvements in customer response as a result in the investment by the AUTHORITY IN SYMPOSIUM (which moniters the performance in the communications room) This increasing customer focus fulfills the commitment made at the time of the best value review of call handling, which promised to significantly improve performance and provide a better service to the community."

I have many questions to ask regarding the above and to start with, I notice that with 5 grades awarded to each phone call, only grade 1 is classed as an "Emergency" All others are "Incidents." I wonder which illegal actions are which! I'm sure a few Accy webbers could enlighten me

In case you are wondering why there are no cops to respond to "Incidents", just look at the chain of command..from the poor telephonist with "The Surgery" looking over his/her shoulder, overseen by the Call Management, headed by the Head, Ooh, I should have slipped in the Dynamic Demand Managers somewhere,.....and everything being monitered by the Authority in Symposium......................How about streamlining the system by getting someone to pick up the phone and a few more cops to investigate? or is that too simple
Old 01-05-2005, 16:14   #2
I am Banned

Re: P.a.s.s.

so by the time they turn up to a burgulary the stolen goods will be sold and the crooks probably will have done another 5 or 6 bugularys before anyone turns up

999 should be rapid response no matter what and those who waste time should be fined

999 for a sore toe for instance should carry a penalty
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 16:25   #3
Always EVIL within us

Burglaries probably come under Grade 3 .......day to day incidents
Old 01-05-2005, 16:41   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i think 15 mins for an emergency is a bit too long, if you report somebody being beaten badly by a gang,15 mins could unfortunatley be too late.i agree with the few more cops to investigate,but your correct busman that is too simple.
Old 01-05-2005, 19:09   #5
I am Banned

with such terrible response times perhaps its abouttime more power was given to the victims or intended victims so thatthey can better defend or protect themseles
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 22:06   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Question Re: P.a.s.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
with such terrible response times perhaps its abouttime more power was given to the victims or intended victims so thatthey can better defend or protect themseles
thats open to debate,would be ok used by sensible people,but beanheads,cretins and bullies would probably use it to great effect also.
Old 01-05-2005, 23:17   #7
Always EVIL within us

Remember the days when if you wanted a cop, you just looked out for the uniform?? Which of these are coppers?

Answer: NONE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg copper 1 (578 x 410).jpg (72.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg copper 2 (578 x 410).jpg (69.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Busman747; 01-05-2005 at 23:19.
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 07:15   #8
Give, give, give member

An hour for a situation with 'vunerable' victims seems appalling.

What does it constitute? Children with warring parents, an elderly woman hearing an intruder, a rape victim?

How on earth can 'vunerable' people be left so long? l know this is a maximum hoped for response time, but will it get any quicker if these victims become more vunerable by being dead?

Last edited by garinda; 02-05-2005 at 07:17.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 09:39   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
Which of these are coppers?
Are you sure that Community Beat Managers are not real Police?
The Oswaldtwistle Community Beat Manager is PC 2903 Tracey Finn
Old 02-05-2005, 15:48   #10
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Are you sure that Community Beat Managers are not real Police?
The Oswaldtwistle Community Beat Manager is PC 2903 Tracey Finn
You are right Neil, I was confused by the flash name, in my day coppers were coppers.....
Old 02-05-2005, 16:51   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
You are right Neil, I was confused by the flash name, in my day coppers were coppers.....
That is true enough. I think all the extra's help but I wish we just had a lot more fully trained police officers on the streets

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..