Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2005, 10:04   #1
Resident Waffler

PC Insanity - off we go again

The BBC have been advised not to refer to the bombs in London as "terrorist activity" as the word "terrorist" implies that they think some nasty character with evil intent did it and the BBC has to be seen to be impartial.

Oh dear let's not upset the bomb placing gentlemen (er persons)

(Sorry I was being overtly sarcastic there.)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2005, 10:22   #2
Member.

Re: PC Insanity - off we go again

Don't be sorry Willow. Your entitled to have your opinion and despite the best efforts of a few we still have the right to free speech and self expression. If this is true then they should be chastised for there stupidity. If however, if they, “the BBC” we the British People and the British Government decide not to honour these animals by calling them Terrorist and therefore Justifying their belief in their own existence. These people are murders, my opinion is that we should call them murders, as well as prosecute and condemn them as murders.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:04   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if we don't call them terrorists may i suggest ( sadly misguided people). i wonder what this does to the poor souls affected by this atrocity. as i have never been P.C. MURDERING TERRORIST SCUM will do for me.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:05   #4
Resident Waffler

I believe they will be prosecuted as murderers if they are caught and there seems to be something interesting going on in Yorkshire right now with the investigation.

However, I was more than a teensy bit irritated that the BBC should have branded the word "terrorist" as "inflamatory". What on earth does a word matter in comparison to the actions of these people?

Old 12-07-2005, 11:09   #5
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I think I prefer the term Murdering Cowards........

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:13   #6
Resident Waffler

They claim not to be cowards as some are prepared to lose thier own lives a suicide bombers.

What on earth goes through the head of someone like that?

Old 12-07-2005, 11:14   #7
Member.

Mrs Willow, Congratulations on achieving your 5000th post. I haven’t yet seen this bit of news, but if what you are saying is true, that they “have branded the word "terrorist" as "inflammatory" then all I can say is god help us. That’s fair enough Cashman, in this instance one can only agree with you.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:45   #8
Beacon of light

The BBC should change its name to the Blair Broadcasting Company....it treats us.... the paying punters like idiots.
I don't care what the BBC want to call them, I'm sure that in the minds of the majority of right minded people in this country, their name will be SCUM........changing how we address this murderous group doesn't alter the facts that they stole the lives of innocents...including some of their own race and supposed creed.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-07-2005 at 12:46. Reason: sausage fingers....oops!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 13:19   #9
Resident Waffler

omigosh! 5,000+? Do I really waffle THAT much?

Anyone with a Daily Mail check page 6 . Can't find the story online. Apparntly they used the word "terrorist" in early reports but then dropped it after being told to but nothing was written down. PC brigade afraid to commit to paper? If you haven't got the courage of your convictions BBC executives you should leave well alone.

Old 12-07-2005, 13:42   #10
Beacon of light

Willow....... if they haven't got the courage to report openly then they should get out of the high paying job and let someone else do it. I am fed up with the government and the media pussyfooting around these slimeballs.......I didn't notice any pussyfooting around when these same reporters were asking the victims of the atrocity how they felt after being blown to Kingdom come...or for that matter when they were filming and reporting on the incident. Or is it jus me being a tad cynical.......? Must get myself some more treatment for it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 14:07   #11
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

What on earth goes through the head of someone like that?
With any luck a detonator!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 14:07   #12
God Member

Isn't someone who wages war out of uniform claased as a spy? CAn someone confirm we still have the death penalty for treason and spying, I seem to remember it still be on statute?
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 14:25   #13
Accrington Web Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
...or for that matter when they were filming and reporting on the incident. Or is it jus me being a tad cynical.......? Must get myself some more treatment for it.

When I saw the footage the news reporters got immediately after the explosions - I couldn't help wondering how they had the balls to film the chaos without actually helping the victims in any way they could. Surely, any normal human being would choose to help & then think about reporting the story?
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 15:49   #14

well that just shows how stupid the advisors are
if people do something nasty then that is what gives them a nasty name
so never mind the bbc they are just as stupid to listen
Old 12-07-2005, 16:43   #15
Resting in peace

The word "terrorist" was coined to describe someone who commits acts deliberately designed to evoke terror in the minds of normal people. In that sense, this is what these people are. They are also mass murderers. The BBC are so mealy-mouthed (God forbid we should upset anyone except those who have lost family and friends in this and other atrocities) that they shy away from the correct usage of some words.

As for "inflammatory" I think it is extremely inflammatory to cause the deaths of over 50 innocent people, and horrific injury to hundreds. Or is that not PC?
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..