Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2006, 14:41   #1
Senior Member+

Piggy Banc Raided

Going into accy today i got off bus at the Railway only to walk past a hell of a row going on outside the Piggy Banc amusements between ,i assume, some kids dad & the owner.From the gist of it it seems the child of the irate dad had been in & squanderd their spending money,though under age.Twenty minutes later i'm in the Calder,watching the town pass by,when two squad cars pull up & several old bill go in(all WPC's bar one).Now i can only assume the irate father has dubbed them in(I don't blame him).Now i regulary go in the Calder on Fri. & Sat lunchtime & often i see many youngsters go in,their ages i can only guess,but wasn't their some out cry about this place when it opened,and does the town really need anymore of these establihments?
Old 30-12-2006, 14:55   #2
God Member

Re: Piggy Banc Raided

i think it's ridiculous,i have a ten year old son and if he ever went into a place like that i'd kill him, places like that are alright if your in blackpool, and even when we do go into them in blackpool reece doesnt pay much attention to them,he knows the value of money and would rather buy himself something than squander it by gambling it away, there is a real problem in this country with gambling,this is just showing children how to do it from an early age....pathetic
Old 30-12-2006, 15:07   #3
Senior Member+

Suppose it's ok if the parents are there to keep an eye on them,but iv'e seen 'em go in in school uniform,and at w'kends in hoodies etc,no telling their age.
Old 30-12-2006, 15:10   #4
God Member

there's a simple answer to that then isnt there, dont give your kids any money if they are going to do that with it .
Old 30-12-2006, 15:25   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
there's a simple answer to that then isnt there, dont give your kids any money if they are going to do that with it .
Fair enough,but they could be spending whats supposed to be their dinner money,bus fares etc,you don't know as a parent unless yuor'e there.I Know cos i used to sell my sarnies at school for enough to get me 5 or 6 singles at the shop during dinner(& after all the trouble my mum went through to make them) Sorry mum.
Old 30-12-2006, 15:29   #6
Resident Waffler

There are too many of thoe sort of places and parents have no control over what the kids spend money on, can't be with them 24/7.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 18:33   #7
God Member

I had enough trouble with them places when younger and detest them. Whats the point of having a few quid (part time job for me) and spending it in those places.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 19:01   #8
God Member

One of my biggest fears when I moved to blackpool with 4 yougsters were the fact we would be so close to many temptations like this , but to be honest Ive been lucky,my middle lad went through a couple of month stage where he hung around them to keep up with his mates but he soon got bored with em ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 00:00   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i know some young uns in 30s now who were indoctrinated in Bungers as they called it as kids, out of the 4 i personally know only one of them is not now bandit mad and dont bother, so what does that say?
Old 31-12-2006, 00:24   #10
Resting in peace

These amusement arcades play on human weakness, children at the impressionable age think it's a grown up thing to do, the proprietors of these establishments get an easy income for little effort. No matter how much money you put in the machine takes a percentage, they can't loose. In my opinion they should be on fairgrounds from whence they came, an occasional indulgence.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 14:56   #11
I am Banned

the amusements next to mcdonalds used to have fruit machines but also had video games and pinball machines downstairs if i remember correctly

the other near teh bingo on blackburn road used to have pool tables and video games as well as fruit machines

over the years they all went apart from the fruit machines but a lot of tehir customers are the kids that grew up around the places when they had video games etc

the on near the bingo is now shut down but the point is at one time it was a good place to go and play games before xbox etc was about but now all they are is pure gambling establishments

blue dahlia used to be a cafe with a few machines at the back and now thats all fruitmachines

u never see a poor bookie or a poor amusment place owner so its easy to guess whos teh winner every time

i think accy has enough of these places and was surprised when another opened
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 16:37   #12
God Member

Did you ever peruse these dens then Chav as you seem to have a good idea of what was in them.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 17:46   #13
I am Banned

lol i practicaly grew up in the arcades and admitidly used to put a lot more money in teh machines than what i should

these days a few quid in the bandit at the pub is my limit especialy as now there are fruitmachines in accy that are up to £4.00 a spin
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 16:11   #14
Senior Member+

as far as i know the piggybanc has amusments for children such as a under 18's zone as well as over 18's the blue lagoon is strictly for over 18's if you want to blame anybody blame hyndburn borough council planning commite
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 16:24   #15
God Member

there are at least 4 or 5 of these in accy now....whats going on? why not just have 1 and have done with it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..