Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 17:37   #31

Re: police are truely pathetic!

before being flamed to death I`m not a copper or govt official or anything like that :-)

But I do believe that the Police are no longer free to be able to do the job that most of them want to do.For example from an earlier post :"being an ethnic minority i get my own back than most. esp if the cop is rude" . Why ? Surely everyone is equal. If a policeman has to deal with an ethnic minority differently then isnt that discrimination ?

Another example. how would you if you were a PC like to enter into a house where someone is waving a gun at you, knowing that whatever happens there will be an "enquiry" and you`ll be suspended ? If it was me I think he`s given up his rights as soon as he waves a gun and therefore I`m OK to take it away from him as best as possible, but as a PC I cant ?

I dont think most coppers want to spend time filling in forms, walking on eggshells around a suspect in case he "gets upset and demands compensation". They`d much rather be out there catching the real criminals, but I dont think that a small group let them.

And the small group arent the govt, they are the PC brigade. The "oh you might offend someone" brigade, where we all have to pander to <1% of the population and play down to the lowest common denominator. It still amazes me that you have to put signs up saying "this gate has plastic spikes on top" etc so burglars know and dont hurt themselves ??

The "lets sue someone for a quick quid "brigade are also as bad. Guess what accidents happen...get over it. If its really negligence then I have absolutely no issue with it, but my experience is that the insurance companies actually want you to sue the others to make money back they have lost to frivolous suits etc.

My summary : I would not today join up to be a PC, fireman (who in their right mind throws bricks at fireman whilst they are putting out a fire), Doctor (Hey doc I know you are trying to save my life but I`ll attack you then sue you) ,Ambulance driver etc etc. If we protected these people more legally then more people would want to do the jobs and there wouldnt be as much strain and a "we`ll take anyone we can on" possibility

Oh and my last three experiences with PCs. one stopped me on the way home one night from work (work lates), and spent about 2 minutes checking car and let me go. Next one stopped me because my tax disc had fell off the window, and within a minute on my way. And the third one two youths tried to steal the missus motorbike from the back yard. Neighbours saw them and we heard the commotion. By the time I had got downstairs there was allready a PC in my back yard with a HUGE alsation. He calmly said "go back inside please sir in case the dog mistakes you"..And they caught the little whatnots. The courts ? £200 fine. Thanks mr PC man for catching them but we`ll miss the opportunity to straighten them out now before they go off the rails.

Anyway rant over, let the flames begin
banjoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2008, 20:30   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
This is absolutely what you come to expect from the Police. they are no longer public servants but cash generators for the ruling class.
If you`re being kicked to death in the street or terrorised in your neighbourhood they dont wanna know but if you`ve a brake light out on your car or go 2 MPH over the limit they`ll jump all over you like the fascist puppets which is what they`ve become.
Very few pigs belive in their job they just want a good wage and pension..
I dont cry when a policeman dies.
You scare me Zero .....
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:15   #33
Senior Member+

I am (after his rant) in agreeance with Banjoman on the majority of the things that he said although there have been instances where the police have been less than helpful in my own experience but a good point was put forward there
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 14:41   #34
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I dont cry when a policeman dies.
That's pathetic.

I suspect the children of W.P.C. Sharon Beshenivsky cried, when their mum was killed whilst carrying out her duties in West Yorkshire.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 16:19   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
That's pathetic.

I suspect the children of W.P.C. Sharon Beshenivsky cried, when their mum was killed whilst carrying out her duties in West Yorkshire.
Agreed, Garinda.

What a stupid thing to say.
Old 10-04-2008, 16:53   #36

Have we had the full story here? Surely there would have been dozens of calls to the Police if somebody had been kicking in a front door for two hours.
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..