Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2007, 19:42   #1
Senior Member+

police on Lodge St

Just back from a washed out cricket match and there are Police all over the place here ! 3 vans ,2 cars and community wardens on bikes. Up the back of Lodge St and on the street itself. Hope it's summat to do with louts hanging around Spar !
Old 24-06-2007, 21:32   #2

Re: police on Lodge St

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Just back from a washed out cricket match and there are Police all over the place here ! 3 vans ,2 cars and community wardens on bikes. Up the back of Lodge St and on the street itself. Hope it's summat to do with louts hanging around Spar !
They wouldn't need that many for SPAR... and the lads who hang around there are actually alright, few of 'em do drugs but there are a lot worse around...
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 21:40   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
and the lads who hang around there are actually alright, few of 'em do drugs but there are a lot worse around...
Seems a bit of a contradictary statement does that
Old 24-06-2007, 22:02   #4
Resident Waffler

Any update on what was happening?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 22:08   #5
Senior Member+

if my police radio is to be believed

spar have a doughnut discount on...
Old 24-06-2007, 22:34   #6
Yank in King Art's Court!

They didn't happen to be carrying some of Willows bushes around were they?

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 22:49   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
They wouldn't need that many for SPAR... and the lads who hang around there are actually alright, few of 'em do drugs but there are a lot worse around...
Same bunch who terrorised my Dad the other week? Same bunch who,no more than 10 mins after the police left were openly handing around bottles of vodka ? Don't try to defend this kind of behaviour : I pay my taxes and rent and shouldn't be afraid to go to the corner shop.
Old 24-06-2007, 23:34   #8

Quote:
Same bunch who terrorised my Dad the other week? Same bunch who,no more than 10 mins after the police left were openly handing around bottles of vodka ? Don't try to defend this kind of behaviour : I pay my taxes and rent and shouldn't be afraid to go to the corner shop.
Don't do anything to them, they won't do anything to you, the ones I know anyway. And as to the "contradictary statement" comment there are thousands of drug users around the country, and a lot of them cause no harm to others (apart from, perhaps indirectly funding the dealers) these lads are only users the damage they are causing is to themselves. Compare that to the people who get ****ed every friday/saturday go out looking for fights and smashing windows.
Old 25-06-2007, 06:13   #9
God Member

Quote:
Don't do anything to them, they won't do anything to you, the ones I know anyway. And as to the "contradictary statement" comment there are thousands of drug users around the country, and a lot of them cause no harm to others (apart from, perhaps indirectly funding the dealers) these lads are only users the damage they are causing is to themselves. Compare that to the people who get ****ed every friday/saturday go out looking for fights and smashing windows.

You often find people defending crime by virtue of their own vices. I'm pretty sure there are people on here who like to get drunk and will defend their mates if they smash the odd window or two, after all it's only people out having a good time.

Quote:
and a lot of them cause no harm to others (apart from, perhaps indirectly funding the dealers)
If somebody is selling them drugs are they not directly funding a dealer or do they get hold of these drugs by some other method instead of buying them ?
Old 25-06-2007, 07:20   #10
Resident Waffler

Indirectly funding the dealer? How do you work that one out?

I agree with Dave. They are directly funding the dealer.

How do they get the money to pay for their drugs? As they become more and more dependant and the cost of their abuse goes higher and higher they often resort to crime to directly fund the dealer. Not many people who go out for a drink (even if they get totally pie-eyed) resort to mugging, shoplifting and breaking and entering to fund their Saturday night out.

Old 25-06-2007, 08:11   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Indirectly funding the dealer? How do you work that one out?

I agree with Dave. They are directly funding the dealer.

How do they get the money to pay for their drugs? As they become more and more dependant and the cost of their abuse goes higher and higher they often resort to crime to directly fund the dealer. Not many people who go out for a drink (even if they get totally pie-eyed) resort to mugging, shoplifting and breaking and entering to fund their Saturday night out.
Sorry, I miswrote that, it would be indirectly funding any other crimes that the dealer commits.

The lads have jobs, hell one of the lads dealers is at his work. Money aint a problem for them buying the stuff, if anything it's what caused it. Now smoking 2-3 joints daily compared to half a spliff at weekend, because they can afford it.
Old 25-06-2007, 08:16   #12
Resident Waffler

OK those guys you know can afford the stuff they buy - now.

The dealers probably don't need to commit any crimes other than drug dealing because they make quite enough from that.

However, they won't just push to those who can afford it, they'll push to whoever they can get hooked and that includes people who can't afford it and commit crimes to finance it. If no-one bought drugs at all the dealers would be out of business. Then if there were no dealers the drug barons would be out business.

Old 25-06-2007, 09:32   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
How are you sure its the same people, Agree though should never be afraid to go to the shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
If somebody is selling them drugs are they not directly funding a dealer or do they get hold of these drugs by some other method instead of buying them ?
I suppose they could grow there own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Just the same as alcho's get money Probably.

Do you know many serious drinkers? I have lived in bad area's and have alcho neighbours at the moment Far Far worse than any canabis smoker.

The people who go out for a drink resort to, fighting, vandalism and spewing up all over town.

Remember when talking about drugs, Alchol is one, just legal.
Old 25-06-2007, 09:48   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
The people who go out for a drink resort to, fighting, vandalism and spewing up all over town.

I have to say I rarely go out for a drink but when I do I can honestly say the above options are not ny reasons
Old 25-06-2007, 09:55   #15
Resident Waffler

I don't drink alcohol but I have been out with many people who do and are not addicted and violent.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..