Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2018, 15:43   #76
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Political Correctness, again!

Yet another for the family album.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2018, 05:41   #77
Junior Member+

looks like black letter boxes
drakkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2018, 08:31   #78
God Member

good job they were not around in Pendle a few hundred years ago.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 08:09   #79

Are these people who wear these garments allowed to walk into a bank without showing there face???
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 08:27   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
Are these people who wear these garments allowed to walk into a bank without showing there face???
Yep but wear an open crash helmet and see what happens.
Old 26-08-2018, 21:22   #81
Full Member+

Saturday's Telgh page 4, Biker in row over crash helmet.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 22:02   #82

With all this political correctness it can be easy to lose track. For example me personally, I treat people as I would like them to treat me. I don't always get it right but hey! Im human. but it strikes me that things come in trends and the media hops aboard what ever the current trend may be. for example a few years ago it was anyone none white, even fewer years ago it was the lesbian and gay communities that were all the rage, while currently if your not considering being transgender or struggling being in the wrong body well your just not it. I don't have any issues with anyone but the media jump aboard it and then thrash us with the whole PC thing. But I have a plan and a cunning one at that. I am a white hetro sexual male of a certain age who is biding his time because in a few years time it will be my turn. I will be trendy and the media will be bashing everyone with the PC stick about me!!! Told you it was cunning!!!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-08-2018, 06:52   #83
Beacon of light

All I would say about that BJ is...don't hold your breath.
You are far more likely to be beaten with the stick of being a non productive(therefore useless drain on society).
That you support elderly parents, or your children...By looking after their children will not be noted.
That you have years of experience of life and are good as a mentor will also be ignored.
I(personally) think you will have a very long wait and might be waiting in vain....but then what do I know?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 07:25   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have to say Big Joe,I agree with Margaret. yeh got more chance of being struck by Lightening than the media focus on us, If yeh think back they did focus on us for awhile after brexit, It was our fault we were OUT. and we will dead soon so it didn't matter to us.
Old 29-08-2018, 12:29   #85
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

You've just gotta love the Polish. PC?? What the hell's that?

https://www.breitbart.com/london/201...ld-cathedrals/

If only we had people like this running our country & not the the shower of she-ite that reside in the commons & allegedly represent us!
Less, KiTChener, cashman and 1 others like this.
Old 30-08-2018, 09:07   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

If only we had people like this running our country & not the the shower of she-ite that reside in the commons & allegedly represent us!
dave, you cannot have someone like this guy running the country as there is a possibility he speaks the truth and says it like it is. his fellow politicians could not cope with someone like this.
DaveinGermany likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 09:25   #87
Beacon of light

For me the issue should not be about banning an item of clothing, it should be about making women feel that they do not WANT to wear it.

Banning the Burqa is not the right way to go about changing an ideology....it is the ideology that needs changing and this cannot be done using sledgehammer tactics....it needs to be done with subtlety.

These women are not identifying with the country they have chosen to adopt.
They are identifying with the country they have left behind(and in the case of those born here, never belonged to).
By wearing this garment they are making a statement....and that statement is

' I am different and have no intention of fitting in...no intention of integrating. I want to remain isolated from western life'

While we think we would like someone like this in power, it is not really a step forward...it is a step onto a slippery slope.

it is a kind of fascism...and that is the last thing we need.
Old 30-08-2018, 10:24   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

How can you change an ideology? when the radicals want to kill infidels,? and the moderates in the main have more sense than to object to em? cos it beats the hell outa me.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 30-08-2018, 12:57   #89
Beacon of light

I really don't have the answer to that question Cashy, but that is what is required.

It is a seventh century ideology within a 21st century setting. This is what creates the difficulties.
It is recognised that attitudes are the hardest things to change.
We have to find some way of making women actually want to give them up.
They somehow believe that it is part of their devotion to their religion....that wearing it shows how devout, modest and religious they are.
Nuns are modest, devote themselves to their God, cover their heads, but not their faces.

Banning usually hardens attitudes in this community(this causes a degree of radicalisation, because they see themselves as being persecuted, oppressed)....they really do not want to integrate, but want us to adopt their values.
The best of it is our loony liberals support their views.
Old 30-08-2018, 15:44   #90
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well Margaret perhaps one way would be for us to harden our hearts?
I don't mean in a send them back where they came from attitude (for legal immigrants), just an enough is enough sort of attitude.
Since the early 60's we have had Asians claiming their right to come here, some have been helpful to both economy and life, some have been not much use at all.

We also have so called indigenous people that are no help at all.

What we need is no more, we are full up, we as, a now multicultural nation will cope with what we have but not any extra.

No more immigrants, no more being nice to illegal immigrants, if they shouldn't be here into prison they go and anyone that had been employing them must pay for their food and clothing until they leave (must be a better punishment than a fine, instead of cheap labour an expensive drain).

I want an integrated society not a collection of racial gettos.

We could all live together, if we were all one nation, that is something we aren't but must become...
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..