Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2021, 09:58   #31
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Once again labour highlighting their resounding qualities & reinforcing in the minds of the populace, their inability to be deemed as leadership material for the UK.
Labour are only planning for the future, make sure we are unelectable now, let the tories sort out what will be most unpopular, i.e. how we are to pay for the Covid fiasco, then without any effort at all labour will look the better alternative.

Until then under no circumstances do they wish to appear competent.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2021, 10:08   #32
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

That I'm assuming, is going to be a bit of a first!
Less likes this.
Old 25-05-2021, 12:19   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Labour are only planning for the future, make sure we are unelectable now, let the tories sort out what will be most unpopular, i.e. how we are to pay for the Covid fiasco, then without any effort at all labour will look the better alternative.

speaking of labours resounding qualities i read this morning that ABBOT is saying that lass shot in the head in london was cos of her BLM stuff when in fact the police had already said it was a accidental gang shooting a wrong place at wrong time job, also Valerie Vaz says boris was not seriously ill when he was in hospital, ignoring the FACT he was in Intensive care and to think i was a member of that gang of fantasists for over 20 years i must have been crazy. NOT ANY MORE, if they plan for the future with people like that in the party they are completely finished in my view, People are not that stupid SURELY?
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 26-05-2021, 08:59   #34
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman;1254189]speaking of labours resounding qualities i read this morning that ABBOT is saying that lass shot in the head in london was cos of her BLM stuff when in fact the police had already said it was a accidental gang shooting a wrong place at wrong time job,

just more proof of how racist abbott actually is. if the lass had been white and right wing and shot by a white gang she,d either have put a different slant on it or not commented at all. its as if her and a few more of her type actually want racial troble to flare up in this country. people are getting sick to death of this stuff and the far right must be rubbing their hands in glee.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2021, 19:37   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think that some of the problems are caused by civil servants rather than the Ministers in office.
After all, how can someone move from defence to education and have no real experience in either, but be expected to oversee that department?
Well, the answer is they aren't. It is the civil servant that makes the decisions and feeds the minister a script.
Some ministers will take it upon themselves to gen themselves up on the department they are leading, but some may not.

The other thing about the education Fiasco is that they used computer modelling.....an algorithm....which is what they did with the Covid 19 situation....and look how that turned out. It was the algorithm that created the problem.
Algorithms are only as good as the person who formulated them......so we used to call the results RIRO(that was the polite version) Rubbish In - Rubbish Out.the impolite version was SISO....you can work that out for yourself can't you.
Yes, the real enemies are Permanent Secretaries. The people in control to maintain consistency when their Political Masters are shuffled out or there is huge differentiating changes to Policies.

That's why everything in Bureaucracy takes so long, the System stops Whim of the Moment changes made by pandering, popularity seeking Politicians.

The Algebra (used to create Algorithms), is often very wrong and outdated. With the wrong assumptions used when Designing Algorithmic Outcomes. Social Models & Trends are changing all the time and Algorithm Designers are often behind.

Failure is often built-in to Algorithms. They'll deliberately allow things to get "so bad" before making any Structural change in the System. Policies & Procedures is another subject
skuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2021, 20:21   #36
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuta View Post
The Algebra (used to create Algorithms), is often very wrong and outdated. With the wrong assumptions used when Designing Algorithmic Outcomes. Social Models & Trends are changing all the time and Algorithm Designers are often behind.

Failure is often built-in to Algorithms. They'll deliberately allow things to get "so bad" before making any Structural change in the System. Policies & Procedures is another subject

And that, accounts for a lot of what we are seeing right now.
Neil ferguson springs to mind immediately anyone mentions algorithms.....he got the foot and mouth predictions wrong and the Covid death predictions too...all because of inaccurate modelling.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..